Dear Al Gore

ts640

You are familiar with rain, right? :) And the presence of water vapor in the air (by far the largest greenhouse gas on the planet), and the process by which water is transferred from the seas to the air and back again? Are you saying that process always leaves sea levels static?

Yep, I am familiar with high and low tides as well, and like the tides, rain and water vapor caused variations of sea levels are daily, SHORT TERM components of the closed loop(remember the amount of water is finite). Land mass ICE is also in the loop, only its a LONG TERM component and whenever it melts, sea levels rise.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound of cracking ice anyone?

Do not open this can of worms again.

I think you're taking my post incorrectly; it's not an attack on religion. It was a statement that the truth does NOT lie between atheists and believers. One is right and one is wrong regardless of the equal power with which they believe.

The Climate Change zealots like to use your math, and while technically correct, it is very misleading. Remember we are talking parts per million. If you start with a very small number, a slight increase will give you a large percentage increase. You need to look at the change with respect to the totality of the makeup of the atmosphere. A 150 ppm increase is only .0015% change in the overall atmospheric percentage.

I would say the same thing about your math. You have to look at the relative change because of the delicate balance of our environment. Either the 60% change (or .0015% change on your math) makes a big difference or it doesn't; the % itself is irrelevant.

Also, I have no problem with people driving whatever car they want to because I believe that real CO2 reduction is sought elsewhere. I think we could easily rule automotive CO2 production moot just by making changes on a larger scale. That's why I will always drive my supercars! :)

Okay I have a question for the pontificators of global warming. Lets say your 100% correct and I still choose to not go along with you.

Even if your right, in a free society like ours WHAT THE fcuk gives you the right to tell me how to live my life and how big my

"carbon footprint" should be, I can belive what I want, say what I want, and worship who I want, or at least I could the last time I read

the constitution. So can someone explain why the Eco-nazi's think they have the right to tell me how to live my life. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Okay I have a question for the pontificators of global warming. Lets say your 100% correct and I still choose to not go along with you.

Even if your right, in a free society like ours WHAT THE fcuk gives you the right to tell me how to live my life and how big my

"carbon footprint" should be, I can belive what I want, say what I want, and worship who I want, or at least I could the last time I read

the constitution. So can someone explain why the Eco-nazi's think they have the right to tell me how to live my life. LEAVE ME ALONE.

That's an idiotic statement to say the least. You certainly do NOT live in a free society. You cannot say what you want (e.g., yell "fire" in a crowded theatre or incite a riot). And you cannot do what you want IF it impinges on the rights of others. If global warming is 100% correct, then you are ruining everyone else's lives which is where the 'telling you what to do' comes in. It's the same reason why you can't do a lot of things.

On a side note, when was the last time you READ the constitution?

That's an idiotic statement to say the least. You certainly do NOT live in a free society. You cannot say what you want (e.g., yell "fire" in a crowded theatre or incite a riot). And you cannot do what you want IF it impinges on the rights of others. If global warming is 100% correct, then you are ruining everyone else's lives which is where the 'telling you what to do' comes in. It's the same reason why you can't do a lot of things.

On a side note, when was the last time you READ the constitution?

Of course you can't Yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre. Perhaps I should rephrase. If I'm driving a U.S model car that comply's with the laws of the united states and was built under the laws of the united states and has a yearly smog inspection and has properly functioning pollution

control devices. What gives a bunch of Eco-freaks the right to tell me how to live my life. As long as I'm complying with the laws of

the UNITED STATES, leave me alone. If you don't like it, change the laws. But remember I get a vote to.

Of course you can't Yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre. Perhaps I should rephrase. If I'm driving a U.S model car that comply's with the laws of the united states and was built under the laws of the united states and has a yearly smog inspection and has properly functioning pollution

control devices. What gives a bunch of Eco-freaks the right to tell me how to live my life. As long as I'm complying with the laws of

the UNITED STATES, leave me alone. If you don't like it, change the laws. But remember I get a vote to.

I don't know of what eco-freaks you speak; and frankly, it's immaterial. What they should be talking about is changing the laws, not telling you personally. That's what we are talking about. Creating laws that help everyone.

Like I said, I don't think anything with cars has to be done.

I don't know of what eco-freaks you speak; and frankly, it's immaterial. What they should be talking about is changing the laws, not telling you personally. That's what we are talking about. Creating laws that help everyone.

Like I said, I don't think anything with cars has to be done.

I agree with you I don't think anything has to be done to cars they already come with pollution controls. But that doesn't seem to be good

enough for some folks.

But we've always been at war with Eastasia, right?

Excellent observation. I believe new reports of victory are coming in as we speak!

INGSOC

First off, CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a greenhouse gas, which without, life would cease on earth. It represents about 0.04% of the atmosphere gases. The earth's ecosystem is self regulating in many respects but clearly heavily influenced by solar activity.

Most of the atmospheric CO2 is from ocean evaporation. There is substantial evidence that CO2 emitted from man made sources is recycled back into the earth. Recent research suggest that atmospheric CO2 levels may be a corrective feedback loop which may take around 600 years.

Also, any attempts to claim what levels of CO2 existed millions or even several hundred years ago are bs and clearly the recent AGW news shows have been "manipulated" at best.

Now I am all for a cleaner environment and less pollution. For my part, I am using 100 octane gas in my 6.0. It burns cleaner.

As for Gore, that piece of shit should be in an orange jumpsuit.

But we've always been at war with Eastasia, right?

Excellent observation. I believe new reports of victory are coming in as we speak!

INGSOC

Hahaha. BTW changing authors but in somewhat the same vein, I was driving south almost at the GA/FL border on I-95 at Christmas and saw a giant billboard that said "Who is John Galt?" I'd never seen anything like that on a billboard and it was awesome! If I had seen it in time I would have pulled over and taken a picture of it.

If global warming is 100% correct, then you are ruining everyone else's lives which is where the 'telling you what to do' comes in. It's the same reason why you can't do a lot of things.

Problem is, by that description, government could control everything in your life.

What they should be talking about is changing the laws, not telling you personally. That's what we are talking about. Creating laws that help everyone.

Changing the laws is telling us what to do. And it is subjective as to whether a law helps people.

Problem is, by that description, government could control everything in your life.

Changing the laws is telling us what to do. And it is subjective as to whether a law helps people.

By that definition, we should live in a lawless society where no laws could ever be instituted because it would be telling you what to do.

By that definition, we should live in a lawless society where no laws could ever be instituted because it would be telling you what to do.

Well I'd say there is a difference between laws that restrict what you can do because some bureaucrat thinks it is bad and laws that are necessary to maintain law and order, to prevent anarchy and so people have non-violent ways to work out disputes, engage in transactions, etc...We don't need it telling us what to eat, drink, drive, live in, etc...

Why the fcuk is there a fcuking snowstorm outside? I was going to take the G out today, now I'm stuck.

LOL People here in Atl are freaking out. Last night, the grocery store was pretty much sold out of bread, milk, etc. LOL

LOL People here in Atl are freaking out. Last night, the grocery store was pretty much sold out of bread, milk, etc. LOL

It sucks I was going to go to Andretti's later but I'm not going out in this weather. Going to just order some food and stay in and play video games. Hung over from Gold Room and Cheetah anyways.

post-8895-1266004731_thumb.jpg

Well I'd say there is a difference between laws that restrict what you can do because some bureaucrat thinks it is bad and laws that are necessary to maintain law and order, to prevent anarchy and so people have non-violent ways to work out disputes, engage in transactions, etc...We don't need it telling us what to eat, drink, drive, live in, etc...

I understand you want there to be a difference, but there is none.

I understand you want there to be a difference, but there is none.

As Jefferson wrote, "Government is a necessary evil."

And WTF is it snowing in DALLAS so much for!?

I never understand that whole run for bread and milk thing. People can't survive a day or two with out toast or wet cereal? :crybaby2:

I never understand that whole run for bread and milk thing. People can't survive a day or two with out toast or wet cereal? :crybaby2:

Ha! Me either

If it gets as bad as they think it will get, the power goes out and all that milk goes bad.... people. are. stupid.

It sucks I was going to go to Andretti's later but I'm not going out in this weather. Going to just order some food and stay in and play video games. Hung over from Gold Room and Cheetah anyways.

Lol Nothing wrong with take out food and video games

What gets me are when areas not used to snow get it and people drive like it's dry pavement so you get a bunch of car accidents. Does it not occur to them that cars do not grip the ground as much in snow and ice, so stopping, going around curves, etc...are different?