Super Trofeo for Sale

sprite

Holy shit, that car looks amazing. Do you know what they're asking for it? I don't see it on their site?

Perfekt bil for deg :)

Do you need factory backed support to run one of those? Like do they need engine tear downs and shit all the time like some race cars do? Or could you just buy that and keep it at the autobahn country club and just use it whenever you wanted with some regular services here and there?

Too bad it's not street legal :(

That doesnt really matter here in Lebanon. If we had a track, i would have sold the Scud & bought this in a heartbeat.

Imagine driving this thing around town, and taking it to the local track on the weekends :monkeyleft:

Do you need factory backed support to run one of those? Like do they need engine tear downs and shit all the time like some race cars do? Or could you just buy that and keep it at the autobahn country club and just use it whenever you wanted with some regular services here and there?

If it's anything like the Ferrari Challenge race cars, it will new a clutch replacement after a couple of hard driving days at the track. Probably brakes too.

Too bad it's not street legal :(

Yes it is, but I wonder if you spent a few $$ on it to make it legal, I think there is a Challenge car that is street legal, but they only turn well in one direction, dont know if these cars are set up the same way or not.

I love the Super Trofeo look. I'm surprised nobody has taken a LP560 and done at least a partial Super Trofeo conversion.

fcuk that.

Say you own a stock LP560, color:white "retail version"

Then youve got some extra cash laying around, and you buy this. Couldnt you just throw the stock LP560's plate on this if you ever wanted to take it out? Surely it could at least be a pretty good bandaid for a weekend run.

If you get pulled over, the computer will say that the car the plate belongs to is a white 2009 Lamborghini LP560, registered to you and sure enough, you'd be in a white Lamborghini LP560 with an ID in your wallet saying the plate and car it's referring to belongs to you... Seems legit enough... Risky, but I doubt a cop would question it

I just dont know how you'd pull it off if it got wrecked on the road

As long as the cop didnt check the vin...which he wouldnt. But he might get suspicious at the stripped out interior. And the fact that you are running straight pipes...

I just dont know how you'd pull it off if it got wrecked on the road

I was going to comment on that but you've beat me to it :icon_mrgreen:

I can not imagine how screwed you would be in that situation, it could mean huge loss of property God forbid you injured someone you would end up being somebody's girlfriend in your local county jail.

I will pass thank you :lol2:

Why I don't get in the US is how they are so strict about letting some cars be street legal, but they seem to have no problem with modified cars.

Yes it is, but I wonder if you spent a few $$ on it to make it legal, I think there is a Challenge car that is street legal, but they only turn well in one direction, dont know if these cars are set up the same way or not.

Only turn well in one direction?! Their suspension and alignment is completely adjustable. So if they were running an oval or something like Daytona with a half oval, they might have given it a bias to one side or the other. But no car, race car or not, are built to only turn well in one direction ;).

If it's anything like the Ferrari Challenge race cars, it will new a clutch replacement after a couple of hard driving days at the track. Probably brakes too.

All race cars will tear through brake pads and rotors as well as tires, but I wouldn't worry about the clutch. The 560 gear system is super fast and has very little slippage, so that shouldn't be an issue.

But yeah, brakes and tires are expensive. Last year I did 4 hours of Sebring in the Cayman S. I went through one set of pads and three sets of tires over that weekend. But it was all worth it ;).

I wonder which US series you could run the Super Trofeo in and be competitive?