Apple's New iPhone

GBGallardo

We'll see what happens, but I have to go white because of having horrible OCD tendencies on fingerprints. The white fools my brain into thinking the phone is "clean" and doesn't need an alcohol wipe every goddamned hour... :lol2: :lol2:

:lol2: I'm the same way. I have to wait for white.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the new apple store app that I downloaded to the old iphone in the app store to reserve an instore phone with no problem a couple of hours ago. I heard that they have sold more phones in the last few hours than they have in the last 6 months. I dont see how...everyone I know cant get an order through.

Picture_2.png

Supposedly the new glass is fingerprint free?? :eusa_think: I sure hope so, cause my 3G is fingerprint laden!!!

Nope. Several reviewers have already said if anything it's even worse than the previous gen for fingerprints. :eusa_wall:

Just pre-ordered mine at Best Buy, with no lines and smooth transaction

Got the white 16GB

:)

Got the white 16GB

Awesome, did they give you a ship date or ETA at all? Apple is being so rediculous on vague and BS responses today about the White timeline that it's insane. Give us a goddamned ETA for something YOU ALREADY ANNOUNCED asshats! :rant: :eusa_wall:

Got the white 16GB

So did you just pre-order the White one, and whenever they start shipping those, you'll have first right to?

I'm not getting the option box to upgrade my iphone from AT&T. Anyone else have this issue? There's a selection to upgrade to a different phone, but not my iphone?

Lots of people having that problem. Try going through Apple and if that doesn't work DL the apple store app and go through that

So did you just pre-order the White one, and whenever they start shipping those, you'll have first right to?

Update:

They called me and said for now they have changed my order for a Black 16GB, they said they will give me a white one if they are available the 24th. They said they don't know anything about white expect for its unavailable yet.

whatever, Iphone 4 is an Iphone 4.

Even with all the ordering problems, somehow Apple inc, Bestbuy and AT&T has sold out of all iPhone 4 inventory allocated for presale......

I'm holding out until I can get a white one. May just end up going to the Apple store and doing it.

Same. It will be at least a month with the massive demand, just as occurred with the 3G launch was two years ago. And that's IF the production of white units has actually begun...

If I don't have this thing in my hand by the end of July I'm going to push some people off the top of the Foxconn building MYSELF. :tyson:

I cannot believe how long it took me to do it online. And, because of Apple's site crashing, I had to do in-store pickup but at least my 2 are reserved.

Tried again today and was successful. Mine ships July 2 though. About an hour after my order went through, they pushed the ship date to July 14, where it currently stands. Looks like mine will arrive July 6.

THe guy at the AT&T store last night said the white is scheduled to arrive mid august. I got a black 16gb. My wife wants the white so she is going to wait until the white shows up later this month. He 3gs works fine for her right now.

Did Apple not think it was going to sell 1M units? And what happened with the white ones? Did they forget to produce them?

I wonder if this has anything to do with a new Verizon-friendly version coming out?

I wonder if this has anything to do with a new Verizon-friendly version coming out?

No conspiracies, just massive massive demand beyond expectations.

Some of it is from people whose very first Apple product was one of the 2M+ iPads that have been sold this year, and are now wanting to hop on other Apple products out of satisfaction.

Some of it is derived from the huge amount of current ATT subscribers with iPhone 2G and 3G models from 2007 and 2008, who are now out of their initial 2yr contracts when they first purchased the phone and can get the subsidized lower pricing again by jumping to the iphone 4. I fall into this extremely large group, and most of us skipped the 3GS due to a lack of innovation versus the previous 2G or 3G models and of course not being able to get the subsidy pricing for another year on the 3GS at that time.

Some of it are Verizon people who are just giving up due to the raw appeal of the hardware. They're out of contract going month to month and realize that ATT has a hammer lock on the iPhone, and there is nothing Verizon, T-Mobile, or anyone else, is going to do about it until 2012 at the minimum. As long as ATT keeps making Apple offers they can't refuse, the phone will remain exclusively on their network regardless of the rumors or "wishing" otherwise. If I was ATT's CEO I would give Jobs every dollar we make above a 1% net profit margin if that's what it took to maintain exclusivity. That's how important it is to their bottom line.

It's just a perfect storm, reminding me of the 3G launch (debut of the app store) which brought in millions of people who were enticed with the concept of cheap games, cheap utilities, and an easy to use GUI.

Brutal.

soooo... time to buy AAPL?

i sold half of my appl calls and holding the other half, im being greedy and want alittle more gain on them. calls are the only way to play appl, actually its the only way ive been trading for the past 2 years, options and etfs. once you learn how to trade options, stocks are a waste of time just because of the added security of being able to hedge my positions with options and still comming out in profit regardless of what happends

• 2 weeks later...
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

haha that i s hilarious.