World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

Friday the 11th it kicks off in South Africa.

Fixture list here

Saturday 12th is going to be ENG Vs USA

What other nationalities present on here are playing?

I know we have the Portuguese represented by Smurf.

A couple of Aussies on here.

MANG, got any USA squad news for us?

Fabio Capello has taken the squad to Austria to get ready for the altitude.

However I will not be eligible to play because despite having spanking new custom made boots I sprained my ankle tonight sprinting around a fat bastard.

28661_446253109174_514319174_5493381_2571534_n.jpg

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that as GTFO Mang lol.

Early bets accepted?

Spain

Argentina

Messi is just godly this season, aguero is playing well too.

Will be interesting how far England can make it.

I hate Ronaldo, the winker let alone the manager - ex Manchester Utd.

I think Argentina will be interesting, scraping through despite Messi, Tevez, Aguero and my favourite at Anfield Mascherano.

If Torres is going to make it I think him Barcalona's new signing Villa will light the tournament up with Xavi etc.

I genuinely cannot predict the result for ENG vs USA.

Donovan injuring Cole earlier this year might cause some friction (hopefully) and our 30 man squad is interesting, will be interesting to see who is actually picked.

Brazil can never be written off though they have seem to have lost some flair and play more convential football now.

Italy? We shall see.

Fortis. - yes, excellent ballet feet. Attached to a fcuking hippo's body.

I hope an underdog will rise up in the World Cup for once, like Denmark and Greece did in the Euro Champs!

cough.. Russia..cough

but yeah, would be nice.

No one talking about France and wonderkid Benzema?

also, obligatory:

article-1189719-052B3CE5000005DC-179_468x700.jpg

ronaldo-crying.jpg

There are some impressive pictures of France training but...

the under-age prostitute story will be a massive anchor to the top stars.

Russia? As underdogs? Well they are certainly underdogs given that they have not qualified.

Russia? As underdogs? Well they are certainly underdogs given that they have not qualified.

I think he meant they were the underdogs of Euro Champ 2008 :)

There are some impressive pictures of France training but...

the under-age prostitute story will be a massive anchor to the top stars.

What Placid said. Even Russians couldn't believe it. Now what is this prostitute story?! Holy crap 4 players involved SAME GIRL? Who is she and what kind of tricks does she have, damn!! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...es-scandal.html

NSFW-ish below

edit. Ok this is not worth $5000. Paris Hilton 2.0

bu2z_zahia_dehar_21.jpg

Hazell on the other hand...

I wanna see the US beat England REAL bad :D

don't take your eye off the Dutch :eusa_think:

I wanna see the US beat England REAL bad :D

don't take your eye off the Dutch :eusa_think:

:tyson:

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

I hope Holland wins the WC, they should have won the cup back in 98 and the years after that.

The 2nd team I want to win is Argentinia, always have been a fan. But they had trouble qualifying so ...

Biggest losers:

Portugal

France

UK

Personally I like Spain and Ivory Coast even though that could be a potential round of 16 matchup... The sleepers to look out for not just because of skill levels but because of the draw are Serbia and Mexico. I like Serbia to make a little more noise especially due to Ballack's Injury for Germany.

For France, I wish Blanc would take over now so they have a remote shot of moving on.

For Argentina, even though he is very young, Messi has to make a Barcelona like impact I think. If he does, they will be hard to beat.

Anyone have opinions on the Italians? I can't make a prediction on how far they go if they even go far

some cool videos from Nike

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Capt., all I want for my birthday this year (June 12) is a victory over you Brits :D

I gotta tell you, 'growing' up in the NASL in the 70's and 80's I was besieged by Brits, they were everywhere, always screaming at me to "get stuck in" lol!!

USA! USA! USA! :headbang:

I also have a soft spot for my 'bro' Diego and Argentina :icon_super:

how do you like me now Capt!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

google this dude, George Ley (great left foot) - the league was full of BRITS = aaaarrrrggghhhhhh (just goofin'). This is me tracking him down, looks like I am late and that lethal left foot has just struck :(

post-9329-1274480027.jpeg

Capt., all I want for my birthday this year (June 12) is a victory over you Brits :D

I gotta tell you, 'growing' up in the NASL in the 70's and 80's I was besieged by Brits, they were everywhere, always screaming at me to "get stuck in" lol!!

USA! USA! USA! :headbang:

I also have a soft spot for my 'bro' Diego and Argentina :icon_super:

how do you like me now Capt!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

This is what is frustrating for the whole thing. USA are good, surprisingly good and a lot of people sneer at them. They should not be taken lightly. But if our boys stick it to USA at Premier league pass and pace then I think some members of the squad not use to Euro standards may well be shocked.

But and it is a huge but if England do beat USA the people of America will not care as most of them are unaware at how big this little cup is around the world.

I think Donovans stretch at Everton showed he has wasted his years in the MLS. He has ability and watching the confederates cup showed that the USA have similar capability players.

But watching the MLS has frustrated the hell out of me. Talk about Gentleman's football, man marking must be a swear word. In Europe and particularly Europe ankle love taps are part of the game yet the marking in the MLS is just shocking.

Mang, have you ever been to a real Premiership match live?

The pace is frightening, take Theo Walcott. His pace is scary. Not the best touch but the stats about his goal against Barcalon in the Champions league are phenomenal. It was calculated that if he maintained his pace (and there is nothing in his fitness to deny that he could not) he would have been 4th in the 100m Olympic final.

9.9secs for 100m – if he could sustain his top speed of 10.1m per second.

But the USA game could be tricky but a game of endurance.

PS I really will not be playing in the world cup, my ankle looks like a rainbow balloon.