World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

nobody is arguing the athleticism. Soccer takes TONS of endurance. Moreso than almost any other sport other than competative long distance running and/or long distance cycling.

Im just not a fan of the sport in general. I can appreciate it, but just never liked it. :icon_thumleft:

Dudes running from one side of a massively too-large grass field to the other, for three hours, only to have the game end in a 0-0 tie 40% of the time, and then be decided by hoaky gimmick penalty kicks that have nothing to do with the core concept of the game itself, is all the reason anyone needs to laugh at the rediculousness that is "football". Definitely a justified opinion that the majority of the planet disgrees with certainly, but justified nonetheless.

They are incredible athletes for sure though, anyone saying they're not is crazy.

On average they can run 8-15 km a match (4-9 miles or so) over the 90 minute period. Athletic definitely but it is how the play builds up, how the ball is moved around, how you make space is what really does it for me.

I can appreciate it is not for everyone but when you see people that make the sport interesting actually produce something a bit clever, a bit different, a bit wow you do sit up just think wow!

A couple of vids for you gents to kind of highlight what I mean.

I can actually sit and watch this video again and again and again

Sitting there you might not think it is that impressive but when you actually take a ball and then think about applying what it is involved it is frighteningly hard.

This vid is jut pure amazing at 18 seconds

The great cultural thing about football is that it is so popular around the world because people play it differently. Brazilian leagues are different to Italian and Spanish leagues but all are not as fast as the Premier league.

The camera dulls the pace of these guys.

Anyway, World cup.

South African goal was a beaut, France game a snore fest but that is how France want to play.

Biggy today :eusa_dance:

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any websites where I can get a live feed on my iPhone?

Try this, http://atdhe.net/. No idea if you're able to stream on your Iphone.

The uru-fra game was unbelievably boring.

For today I hope Greece loses, Argentina wins and USA wins. Is the media really hyping up this US-UK battle?

Having the tournament in South Africa is a mistake. Empty seats and no atmosphere, just these retarded, annoying trumpets. Big fcuk up by FIFA allowing those things. There are only few real fans, supporters, from Europe. There were more in Japan/Korea. It's sad.

Having the tournament in South Africa is a mistake. Empty seats and no atmosphere, just these retarded, annoying trumpets. Big fcuk up by FIFA allowing those things. There are only few real fans, supporters, from Europe. There were more in Japan/Korea. It's sad.

Miami is trying to get it for 2018 or 2022

What the hell is the purpose of those fcuking horns??? I know it's the most boring game in the world, but is that the only way they can keep the audience from falling asleep???

Soooo... Does anyone ever WIN a game? So far I've noticed 1-1, 0-0, and now 1-1... Haven't they heard of overtime??? What's the point if one team doesn't win the game??? Oh well, I don't get it, and probably never will. :eusa_think:

Football is to american football, what F1 is to Nascar. Including everything from its prestige to its drama and popularity.

Soooo... Does anyone ever WIN a game? So far I've noticed 1-1, 0-0, and now 1-1... Haven't they heard of overtime??? What's the point if one team doesn't win the game??? Oh well, I don't get it, and probably never will. :eusa_think:

England/USA = Tie.

What a shocker. :rolleyes:

Back to LeMans coverage.

In this huge q-4 year tourny it's more complex. You have to play all the teams in your bracket. Your team recieves 0 points for a loss, 1 point for a tie and 3 points for a win. To advance you have to have the most points. Then ifore than one team has the same points it goes to goal differentials and goals scored.

for those of you who dont understand just how to watch the world cup follow the simple diagram below

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

post-8211-1276385351.jpg

Dudes running from one side of a massively too-large grass field to the other, for three hours, only to have the game end in a 0-0 tie 40% of the time, and then be decided by hoaky gimmick penalty kicks that have nothing to do with the core concept of the game itself, is all the reason anyone needs to laugh at the rediculousness that is "football". Definitely a justified opinion that the majority of the planet disgrees with certainly, but justified nonetheless.

They are incredible athletes for sure though, anyone saying they're not is crazy.

the score is important but soccer is to be enjoyed for what happens on the field during the game, it is an unpredictable game a very strategic game many times with a very unpredictable outcome that is the beauty of it.

I am sorry but I don't enjoy steroid infused fat asses cladded up in used mattresses chasing an easter egg :icon_mrgreen:

What the fcuking shitting hell was that?

No team deserved a point.

USA were flat and were gifted a shitty goal.

Lampard, Rooney and the rest of the squad went missing and if it was not for the Liverpool players then I don't know what happened.

PS I am drunk and very very very pissed off.

What the fcuking shitting hell was that?

No team deserved a point.

USA were flat and were gifted a shitty goal.

Lampard, Rooney and the rest of the squad went missing and if it was not for the Liverpool players then I don't know what happened.

PS I am drunk and very very very pissed off.

Mate, aren't drunk and pissed the same thing where you are?

What pisses me off more. The HD coverage dropped its feed when England scored.

It went from the match to an advert to Gerrard celebrating.

A win tomorrow will make things interesting for ENG/USA