Gallardo Spyder soft top problem.

sprite

Got my G Spyder today. However, towards the end of the day the top started acting up.

It refused to lock when opening it. Then trying to close it again it only got to about the halfway point. I ran it back and forth about fives times before it finally locked it top down position. When closing it got stuck halfway again, I hit the button again and it closed fully.

Now it says Soft top cannot be used in the display when I am trying to use it. I am guessing the system is detecting some sort of problem. Going to take it to Lambo tomorrow. Car is under warranty so not a big deal, just annoying. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue?

Seems to be working fine again now. I read somewhere the top is voltage sensitive. Maybe my battery is a bit low. Will see if it acts up tomorrow.

post-8895-1275447442_thumb.jpg

Doing it with engine running or not? Could have been voltage if car was not started and running?

No engine was running.

I had a similar problem once, it cleared and has not happened since. Voltage idea sounds reasonable.

Most of the soft top problems I have heard of were due to one or more of the limit switches not making contact properly. It's a easy, inexpensive fix if that is the case.

Hot car, BTW!! Nice!

Most of the soft top problems I have heard of were due to one or more of the limit switches not making contact properly. It's a easy, inexpensive fix if that is the case.

Hot car, BTW!! Nice!

That would make sense if it turns out to be an intermittent problem. Hopefully I will get it sorted quickly if it keeps occurring.

I've never had any issues either. Shouldn't matter if the car is running or not. I've opened it and closed it both ways several times with no issues.

Seems to be working fine now. If it happens again I will just take it to Lamborghini, car has warranty until February 2011.

Initial impression is that this car is better than my F430 Spider in every possible way. Power, handling, looks, build quality, etc.

The top operation is sensitive to power, you can operate the top with the engine off but only on a fully charged battery. Once the battery does go low it will post an error on the dash indicating that the top cannot be operated, then start the car and the way you go.

I have had a Spyder for 3 years so I have seen it a few times as I have dropped the top many times with the engine off.

I did have one failure with a limit switch, according to the dealer the limit switch was part of the hydraulic ram so it needed replaced.

:iamwithstupid: what are the mods planned?

Nothing too fancy. Just painting rims black and doing verde calipers for now.

• 5 years later...