Sherriffs Run... WTF! (Pics, videos here)

People doing Sheriiffs run then getting hassled on the PCH by CHP? What kind of shit is that? Anyone know what happened? Driving the GTT saw 3 Murcielagos pulled over creating a huge traffic jam. With the amount of traffic I'm assuming they weren't racing..

I was not there...but had a few people call me and tell me they were picking off all the "Exotic" high end cars with out of state plates and no plates at all...they are on a crack down to find all the lost tax revenue from so many failing to title and license their vehicle in their home state of California...escaping sales tax. A simple check of you having a California Driver's License and/or a registered voter in California makes you a State resident according to their lawas as I was told.

I can also advise that California DMV has advised Licensed Dealers in 5 Western States that the "Montana LLC" registration escape that so many have used is no longer being tolerated and sanctions will be swift and costly, inlcuding impoundment of such registered vehicles till proff of tax paid and proper registration is completed.

I have always wondered when I am in California how many of you get away with no plates...some of the cars I see year after year..with still no plates. Here in Washington State you would not make it 2 days with out getting stopped and cited..they are real tough on that in my State. They have even cracked down on Licensed Auto Dealers..as of June 1st any one car in Dealer inventory MAY NOT carry a Dealer tag for more than 18 months, after that a road use tax must be paid and the car will bear regular plates with license fee's attached. Further ONLY Dealer company Officers may drive on Dealer plates...no more mangers, sales people, your family members etc etc You have to be an officer of the company and carry a Dealer Blue card showing proff of this.

It is all about the tax revenue with all these States looking for new ways to get the money.

I have always wondered when I am in California how many of you get away with no plates...some of the cars I see year after year..with still no plates. Here in Washington State you would not make it 2 days with out getting stopped and cited..they are real tough on that in my State.

It is all about the tax revenue with all these States looking for new ways to get the money.

Same here in Michigan. They are greedy and now going for the "big fish" in their books.

Put about 150 miles on the GTT today.. Temps as high as 105 degrees indicated in the car. Car runs flawlessly, temp gauge didnt even move... Ran up 2 gears with a crotch rocket and had to let off due to the wife yelling at me. with the bike comfortably behind me.

also came upon a nice Porsche Cab, with a girl driving.. Wouldnt race but took a short video. Dont know why when I upload to Youtube from my phone it does it sideways. Sorry..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I was not there...but had a few people call me and tell me they were picking off all the "Exotic" high end cars with out of state plates and no plates at all...they are on a crack down to find all the lost tax revenue from so many failing to title and license their vehicle in their home state of California...escaping sales tax. A simple check of you having a California Driver's License and/or a registered voter in California makes you a State resident according to their lawas as I was told.

I can also advise that California DMV has advised Licensed Dealers in 5 Western States that the "Montana LLC" registration escape that so many have used is no longer being tolerated and sanctions will be swift and costly, inlcuding impoundment of such registered vehicles till proff of tax paid and proper registration is completed.

I have always wondered when I am in California how many of you get away with no plates...some of the cars I see year after year..with still no plates. Here in Washington State you would not make it 2 days with out getting stopped and cited..they are real tough on that in my State. They have even cracked down on Licensed Auto Dealers..as of June 1st any one car in Dealer inventory MAY NOT carry a Dealer tag for more than 18 months, after that a road use tax must be paid and the car will bear regular plates with license fee's attached. Further ONLY Dealer company Officers may drive on Dealer plates...no more mangers, sales people, your family members etc etc You have to be an officer of the company and carry a Dealer Blue card showing proff of this.

Well you can always run no tag.. You risk a simple FIX IT ticket.. signed off by another cop, costs 10.00 .. Also in Cali they dont do temp tags, so many people with no tags just purchased the car.It can take aslong as 6 months to get tags!

People doing Sheriiffs run then getting hassled on the PCH by CHP? What kind of shit is that? Anyone know what happened? Driving the GTT saw 3 Murcielagos pulled over creating a huge traffic jam. With the amount of traffic I'm assuming they weren't racing..

that happened last year too...some of the sheriff's were ticketed too :tyson:

You currently havethe best looking G in my opinion and I'm not that big on Yellow!

Good job!

were u filming with an iPhone? it looks like u were holding it the wrong way.

your Gallardo looks perfect! love it

Its a Palm Pre

I got them from a guy here in Cali..

Would you mind checking if they have the stock sizes or shoot me over their phone number.

Thanks for the help!!! How do you like the tires??

Would you mind checking if they have the stock sizes or shoot me over their phone number.

Thanks for the help!!! How do you like the tires??

The tires are GREAT! Ill send you a pM

Very nice!! :icon_thumleft:

I actually took a video this weekend with my HTC Hero phone and when I uploaded it to my computer / youtube, it also came in sideways. I recorded with the phone in the veritcal position but I guess it needs to be in the horizontal position to upload correctly.