458 vs 9ff GT2 with

kane00

The fact is, I was probably drinking Bombay, but i was also right!

Trust me on the Balboni, the car is as fast as the 570. Its specs are, lets just say slightly mis leading.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like right at the beggining, the moment the SLS hits it, he has to shift. That hurts the car abit in the race. Appart from that Id say the 550 is prob as fast as a 670.

Would the affects of shifting be minimal with the SLS' dual clutch? Also, looking at the LP550's POV towards the end of the video it sounds like he hits the rev limiter.

Someone needs to dyno the Balboni!!!

saw a silver SLS today. Its OKAY looks wise. It is certainly different. Cant hold a candle to an SLR though.

Wow. The Balboni won going away. It's probably underated hp-wise. Deffinately would love to see the Balboni vs 560-4, 458, zr1, GT2 RS etc.

Straight line acceleration, my guess would be...

GT2 RS > ZR1 > 560 > 458

I would like to see a Balboni vs. 560-4, and obviously a 560 vs. 458

The Balboni is lighter and, contrary to what people want to admit, can put more power down in RWD so it makes sense that it beat the SLS.

a good 240kg's lighter. That's about 500lbs if i'm right?

if the 550 is 30kg lighter than lambo claims, it should about in the mid-high 3400 lbs range. Mercedes claims 3600ish lbs for the SLS. I highly doubt the weight difference between the two is anywhere near 500 lbs.

if the 550 is 30kg lighter than lambo claims, it should about in the mid-high 3400 lbs range. Mercedes claims 3600ish lbs for the SLS. I highly doubt the weight difference between the two is anywhere near 500 lbs.

The Balboni is probably a little lighter than the previous SL. So probably 31XX Curb weight were as the SLS is around 3600 curb weight. Making it 400-500 pounds heavier.

The Balboni is probably a little lighter than the previous SL. So probably 31XX Curb weight were as the SLS is around 3600 curb weight. Making it 400-500 pounds heavier.

Which is why in the other thread, where several people now calling the SLS "slow" in this thread were saying it was as fast as a 560, I bided my time and kept quiet knowing that videos of the SLS having its doors blown off by the faster 560 platform would eventually arrive.

Not in the same league due to power/weight ratio as the SLS was weighed by Car and Driver and came in at a whopping real world weight 3,792 pounds.

I doubt the Balboni is that light, my SE weighed in at 3600 lbs after being converted to RWD. Difference in weight between the two is around 200lbs, even less if the SLS has the standard stereo, the 1000 watt BO(that C&D weighed) has gotta add 100 lbs.

I doubt the Balboni is that light, my SE weighed in at 3600 lbs after being converted to RWD. Difference in weight between the two is around 200lbs, even less if the SLS has the standard stereo, the 1000 watt BO(that C&D weighed) has gotta add 100 lbs.

I'm thinking curb weight specs. SE's are heavy though and 3600 is probably with fluids and what not.

560's quoted curb is 3307 lbs. So assuming lighter wheels, and the RWD conversion, that's probably -140-150, so the Balboni would be around 3150.

I'm thinking curb weight specs. SE's are heavy though and 3600 is probably with fluids and what not.

560's quoted curb is 3307 lbs. So assuming lighter wheels, and the RWD conversion, that's probably -140-150, so the Balboni would be around 3150.

Lamborghini has a tendency to fudge curb weights, every car weighed by forum members has been a lot higher than factory specs, by around a couple of hundred pounds.

There is also another case to ponder... that this race may not be the end all off what can or may happen... maybe the SLS is slow..maybe just in this case it was..

Well Alexs car weighed in at 3307 or something like that... So I could see the Balboni being in the 3200lb range.

Balboni is probably pretty close in weight to Alex's car.

Somebody put one on a scale and weigh it. And do it with fluids and gas. No one gives a rats ass about "curb weight" quoted by the factories. Its always a lie.

Well Alexs car weighed in at 3307 or something like that... So I could see the Balboni being in the 3200lb range.

but dont balbonis come fully loaded. and this one has egear too.

458 is pretty quick as expected.

Definition of curb weight is with a full tank of gas and fluids, but no occupants or cargo. From my experience the Lamborghini's quoted curb weights tend to be significantly less than actual.

458 vs lp550 !

damn they are almost identical in acceleration. Whoever got the jump stayed there.

Even more reason to buy a 560 over a 458. If acceleration is equal, looks are 1000% better on the 560, so it should be a clear choice.

There is also another case to ponder... that this race may not be the end all off what can or may happen... maybe the SLS is slow..maybe just in this case it was..

The SLS's are pretty new, perhaps after they get more miles and more broken in they could open up....a little maybe? Or not at all.....who knows....