458 vs 9ff GT2 with

kane00

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

458 vs lp550 !

Even though the Balboni won 2/3 times, I will admit that these two cars are nearly IDENTICAL in performance!!

Now, the real question comes:

Is the higher HP'd 560 faster than the lighter 550??

If so, then 560 > 458. If not..........

Even though the Balboni won 2/3 times, I will admit that these two cars are nearly IDENTICAL in performance!!

Now, the real question comes:

Is the higher HP'd 560 faster than the lighter 550??

If so, then 560 > 458. If not..........

I'd think that the Balboni would be very marginally faster than the regular 560 but marginally slower than the 570SL. But the point is, the Gallardo is an old outdated platform that can still match Ferrari's newest performance vehicle. So I expect the Gallardo's replacement to rape the shit out of the 458.

You have a long way to wait on a new Gallardo.

The Balboni, 560 and 570 are all about equal in a straight line. HHHHMMMM...wonder why that is? Figure it out rocket scientists.

Balboni and 458 both great cars. If you were on a track,the 458 would be the faster car. But realistically how often are you on a track? These are street cars, so who cares.

I'd think that the Balboni would be very marginally faster than the regular 560 but marginally slower than the 570SL. But the point is, the Gallardo is an old outdated platform that can still match Ferrari's newest performance vehicle. So I expect the Gallardo's replacement to rape the shit out of the 458.

:iamwithstupid:

Very impressive performance by the 550, considering its a 7 year old platform. The 458 sounded kinda flat compared to the SLS.

You have a long way to wait on a new Gallardo.

The Balboni, 560 and 570 are all about equal in a straight line. HHHHMMMM...wonder why that is? Figure it out rocket scientists.

Balboni and 458 both great cars. If you were on a track,the 458 would be the faster car. But realistically how often are you on a track? These are street cars, so who cares.

Personally I think an avg driver,, not one quite as bad as you Kane, but a decent driver in the Gallardo and a decent driver in the 458 and the Gallardo will be faster ontrack. I think you need to bring out the pros to get everything out of the 458.

From my time in the 570Sl it didnt feel any faster than the 560, but we will soon see hopefully.

Wrong.

458 chassis is much better. The car will be much faster around a track.

Is it the chassis or the the computer? Turn every thing off on both cars, then see which one is faster.

You're really going to try and tell me that a Gallardo is better around a track than a 458? Not a chance in Hell.

Here is EXACTLY what I will tell you, me in a Gallardo... you in a 458 and youll be sucking exhaust fumes :icon_thumleft:

This video tells you nothing about the cars other than which is faster in a drag race. Any old, outdated platform can be fast in such a scenario.

This video tells you nothing about the cars other than which is faster in a drag race. Any old, outdated platform can be fast in such a scenario.

The point is, the Gallardo is approaching the end of it's life cycle and it is a previous generation car that was meant to compete with the F430. It is not the intended counterpart for the 458. And when Lambo's response to the 458 does come about, we should (at least I will) expect it to blow the F-car out the water.

Is it the chassis or the the computer? Turn every thing off on both cars, then see which one is faster.

:iamwithstupid:

Ferrari deserves credit for likely reaching the physical limits of what a RWD car can do with computer assisstance. But it would probably still get demolished by say a similarly-tech saavy Nissan GTR or 997.2 Turbo S/GT2 around a track despite a superior power to weight ratio versus both due to the impact of AWD + HAL 9000 instead of RWD + HAL 9000.

Unless one does it for a living, literally earning their meals through their driving talent, it's going to be tough to get more out of a RWD platform than a similar AWD platform under any circumstances.

Here is EXACTLY what I will tell you, me in a Gallardo... you in a 458 and youll be sucking exhaust fumes :icon_thumleft:

Your hitting the delusional Grey Goose early today.

Looks like the 458 may be marginally faster as it looked as if it did a slow creep on the 550 whether behind or in front or it could just be the camera angle. I concur on these two are a tie acceleration-wise. Id have to give the edge to the Ferrari in the twisties as it is the newer chassis. The G looks way better though.

Now for a match against the GT2 RS :eusa_think:

458 vs lp550 !

550 V 458 drivers race, stick a double clutch in the Lambo and it's game over Ferrari.

570 is a step ahead already irrespective of what kane00 says.

I am so looking forward to that steak :eusa_dance:

550 V 458 drivers race, stick a double clutch in the Lambo and it's game over Ferrari.

570 is a step ahead already irrespective of what kane00 says.

I am so looking forward to that steak :eusa_dance:

Not necessarily. Everyone is always raving about DCT, but the Corsa mode isn't exactly a slouch. Sure, you get a tad of interrupt, but it's not like for those 100 ms V -> 0. I think it would help a little, but it's not like it would walk away from it.