Murcielago Burns in Brooklyn

post-10945-1277131790.png

Anyone missing a Murci in NYC?

the last time i checked my carpark..i don't see a murcie in there..maybe its mine? :eusa_think:

Sucks to see it burn though..but those rims are horrible..

I've actually seen a yellow Murci in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn when I was there in '08.

I wonder why the front burned but the rear is intact?

Because the person who stole it didnt realise the motor was in the back when he set it on fire!

Good friend's car. Electrical problem, nothing was stolen. All the lights on dashboard lit up, smoke started coming out of dash, he got off the highway and pretty much watched it burn until the FD arrived. Sucks.

Good friend's car. Electrical problem, nothing was stolen. All the lights on dashboard lit up, smoke started coming out of dash, he got off the highway and pretty much watched it burn until the FD arrived. Sucks.

Ouch, that sucks......

I spoke to Ronnie yesterday he was driving on the BQE when smoke started coming out of the Dash, He pulled off and tried to put it out with a bottle of water, but the car engulfed in a matter of seconds.

RIP Murci

and tried to put it out with a bottle of water, but the car engulfed in a matter of seconds.

RIP Murci

Thats crazy - if it was me I dont drink water ....all I`d have is a 5 hour energy drink. They dont put out shit.

I spoke to Ronnie yesterday he was driving on the BQE when smoke started coming out of the Dash, He pulled off and tried to put it out with a bottle of water, but the car engulfed in a matter of seconds.

RIP Murci

Driving on the BQE?

The car's suspension will eventually RIP if you use that road a lot...

Sad to hear....very scary and sad.

Interested in hearing what caused it.

This is why we have insurance. TIP: do not put those wheels on the new car.

Seriously why doesn't anybody stop and ask themselves why are these cars burning?

A close friend's Gallardo has also burnt partially because of electric problem, they could be able to stop fire but fixing the car cost half of it's value!

He was always afraid of car getting fire because of this he never topped the fuel while the car was warm, he was very careful about that but never thought cables can also cause fire in engine compartment..

I think all of you should carry a fire extinguisher in your car, fully insurance it and also be careful where you park your car because especially in underground car parks, rats can enter your car and cause damage to the cables.. This is not a rare thing, if you are lucky your car just won't start or give an error but if not you can see fire coming through behind of the car while going 100mph, stop it but doors won't open! It's better to carry a glass breaker too..

Anyway here is another Lambo burnt just a few days ago!

470922535942a256fc43b.jpg

4712331476af5fd52a76b.jpg

that sucks :eusa_wall:

but if it starts burning I wouldn't try to put the fire out, no point in risking my life than end up driving around a repaired burnt car .

These things burn, there's no way around it. You pack that much potential energy, hundreds of effective HP, into an extremely small tight space, and you have the potential for fire.

Ferraris and Lambos have burned for years, obviously. Recently Audi had its own problems with R8-V10 mules catching on fire while testing at the Ring. There is no exception to this rule, though some mfg's seem to have better records with it than others. Porsche comes to mind as a company that seems to have it pretty down as I can't recall the last time we saw a CGT or 997TT erupt into an inferno. For the most part though it's a problem that spans all supercar manufacturers, not just "the Italians". :icon_mrgreen:

"Whenever we see a headline like Lamborghini Murcielago Burns, then we always assume that is down to a fault with the supercar. However, there are reports that the latest Murcielago seen on fire in New York was set on fire deliberately, but was it really arson?"

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/06/22/...fault-or-arson/

Media sensationalizing things AGAIN