My 570 Superleggera has arrived and I'm not there to pick it up!!!

Gawd dammit. Who would have thunk that the car boat from Italy for once in its life gets the turbos put on when I'm not home to enjoy it.

I just got word that my green 570 Superleggera is arriving at the dealership in Chicago TODAY! A good two weeks before I'm back in town. Gaaaah!

At least I have a good reason to be away. About half-way into the European road trip in my 560 coupe. Amazing weather so far. 2000 miles down and only a few hiccups. Some ass knocked the side mirror off in Amsterdam, so I had to drive 600 miles to Copenhagen with tape wrapped around it (thankfully a call to the factory put a new mirror in Copenhagen on next-day delivery). Didn't stop us from going ~200 mph on the Autobahn, though. Nothing feels quite like it!

Also made a trip to the Nurburgring, but considering that I still have another 3000 miles to go on this trip, I decided to rent a Lotus Exige instead of putting the 560 on there. What an amazing track. I did 7 laps and still didn't know which turns were what. It's full of late turn-ins and blind corners. I was just under two minutes off the pace in that car :).

Going to the Lamborghini factory on Monday. Have a met setup with both Mr. Balboni and the Super Trofeo Cup manager. Hoping to learn more about the plans for the US series and what they've done about the safety of the cars. Supposedly there won't be any chance of seeing the new V12, though...

Next week we're going to Mugello too. Have a half-way appointment to rent a F430 GT3 car to whip around there. Hear it's a great track.

I'm telling myself all these stories to keep the annoyance of having an awesome new car sitting at home waiting. Doh.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a trip. Too bad Lambo doesn't do European delivery for the 570SL.

If you're feeling really that bad about it I"m sure any number of us would be glad to pickup the 570 for you and drive it around so it doesn't feel unloved.

Haha, I know it's tough. A buddy is going to the dealer today or tomorrow to snap some picks. Getting a full 3M wrap while it sits there idle and hopefully EU belts and half-cage. Slicks are also on order!

Well, it's a tough life but someone has to live it. :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_mrgreen: :iamwithstupid:

Congrats on the car. Snap some pics when you pick it up!

sounds awesome, put up as many pictures as possible once you get back. Enjoy the trip and your life in good health

Sounds like an incredible trip! If there was one thing you could be doing while not taking delivery of your LP570, I would think exactly what you are doing to be it! Any idea who knocked the mirror off your car now?

I just got word that my green 570 Superleggera is arriving at the dealership in Chicago TODAY! A good two weeks before I'm back in town. Gaaaah!

This sounds like a cry for help! Please give your dealership a call and let them know you have located a trustworthy driver who would be happy to fly out to Chicago, and deliver the car to your home for you while you are away. I am only here to help. :icon_mrgreen: lol

Congrats on the new acquisition!!!! :icon_super:

Ok, you know you're living large when you have to 'resign' yourself to driving your LP560 all over Europe while your new Lambo has landed in the U.S. Oh, the agony!!

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.

Hey man, congratulations! I can't really relate but my only advice is to enjoy Europe while your there!

Congrats on a GREAT car..I think you and I are the first retail delivery of the LP5704SL in the USA...my white one came in this week as well..in for PDI currently.

I have a set of the belts/harness if you cant get them...had to get them out of Europe as USA Parts could not order them in..

PM if you need them..

Hey Roy,

I was just thinking that. I haven't heard of anyone else unwrapping a SL yet. I think I did get my order on the books pretty much as soon as it was official, so I'm sure we got some of the first ones off the line.

What I don't get is why mine got there so quickly? I didn't pay to have it air freighted. And originally it was going to be done June 27th or something like that. No way it could have made it on the boat, through customs, and on a truck to Chicago in that time? So I'm thinking that the cars were probably done ahead of schedule or something. Definitely not complaining.

I meeting up with Jonathan from Lamborghini at the factory on Monday about belts and harness. Weird dance you have to go through to get them.

Also, they found the guy who knocked off the mirror. The hotel had surveillance cameras. Apparently it was a worker from a vendor of the hotel. Never got the exact details of how it happened, but at least they're paying for everything.

Congrats on the car, looking forward to the photos! My Verde SL should be one of the first RHD customer cars in the UK and is due to clear production end of next week. Look forward to comparing notes...

Gallardopete

Hey Roy,

I was just thinking that. I haven't heard of anyone else unwrapping a SL yet. I think I did get my order on the books pretty much as soon as it was official, so I'm sure we got some of the first ones off the line.

What I don't get is why mine got there so quickly? I didn't pay to have it air freighted. And originally it was going to be done June 27th or something like that. No way it could have made it on the boat, through customs, and on a truck to Chicago in that time? So I'm thinking that the cars were probably done ahead of schedule or something. Definitely not complaining.

I meeting up with Jonathan from Lamborghini at the factory on Monday about belts and harness. Weird dance you have to go through to get them.

Also, they found the guy who knocked off the mirror. The hotel had surveillance cameras. Apparently it was a worker from a vendor of the hotel. Never got the exact details of how it happened, but at least they're paying for everything.

Pm sent with answer for you

Congrats on the car, looking forward to the photos! My Verde SL should be one of the first RHD customer cars in the UK and is due to clear production end of next week. Look forward to comparing notes...

Gallardopete

Ha, I'll check it out on the assembly line for you when down there on Monday.

Ha, I'll check it out on the assembly line for you when down there on Monday.

I am officially envious of you, specially about the Euro trip, that is definitely something that I will do in the very near future is it an organised tour that you've joined or you've organised it yourself?

I am sorry if you've posted about it and I missed the details.

Awesome man!!! from the impressions I got out of driving the car, it is the best driving Lamborghini to date

Congrats!!!!!

I hope you have been taking plenty of pics, it sounds like an epic trip!

Have fun and drive safe. Grats on your new car :)

Congrats on the 570Sl, I may be heading down that way this weekend so if I get a chance I will try and stop at the dealership to snap a few pictures. Other wise hopefully I get a chance to make it to the Autobahn to see it in action.