POS

Turbo50Mike

So I am upgrading my track car from my current C5-Zo6, to the C6-Zo6.

I'm one day into upgrading the brakes, installing harness bar, harnesses, rims, slicks, etc...And already the Lambo had to bail the thing out. lol...

POS.jpg

Was probably sitting a while before you purchased it. They are fast cars. Other than the battery thing what are your thoughts on it?

Normally it's the POS jumpstarting the Lambo......

:iamwithstupid:

I remember the Gallardo needing a jump on the GDC Dream Car Tour...don't know how you can top that!

I doubt it's the POS's fault (or the battery for that matter) that something was left on (open door, overhead light, etc) to drain the battery :)

Hell, my Lambo has a battery tender for that very reason.

I had this issue with my C6 Plastic mess-06. The factory batteries are terrible. I would have to jump mine if I let it sit for more than 2 days.

You need to get a new battery. I got myself an Optima red top and haven't had a problem since.

Was probably sitting a while before you purchased it. They are fast cars. Other than the battery thing what are your thoughts on it?

I like it. Pretty good HP and TQ. Less body roll than my C5Z (which has T1 sways in it).

I took it to the track two days after I got it; I was only able to put racing brake pads on it before I left, so I had to run on stock street tires, stock seats/belts.. I found it to be very predictable even when it was sliding the rear end; very smooth and controllable.

I'll be taking it to Monticello next Sunday (August 1st for anyone that wants to join in) - But this time it'll be on slicks, and I already finished putting the 6pt harnesses in, so hopefully that will keep me in the seat until I pick some kind of racing seats for it. My only complaint would be the stock seats have ZERO lateral support, so every turn you're getting tossed around.

I have a feeling the battery died from me getting in and out of the car so many times while working on the harnesses. But it should still last longer than that! Twice I had to jump start it with the Lambo!

I have heard the seat complaint from just about everyone that has bought/driven one. Do they make a good aftermarket seat for it that fixes the leather and bolster issue? Post some pics when its complete.

I have heard the seat complaint from just about everyone that has bought/driven one. Do they make a good aftermarket seat for it that fixes the leather and bolster issue? Post some pics when its complete.

Carvaggios are supposed to be the shit, and I think they even have a side airbag option (but that's $$$). I was happy with the Corbeaus in my C5Z, but have heard they don't fit well in the C6Z.

I'm sure I'll come up with something...

I'll be taking it to Monticello next Sunday (August 1st for anyone that wants to join in) - But this time it'll be on slicks, and I already finished putting the 6pt harnesses in, so hopefully that will keep me in the seat until I pick some kind of racing seats for it. My only complaint would be the stock seats have ZERO lateral support, so every turn you're getting tossed around.

Just a heads up in case you haven't heard, but from what I have read there have been lots of engine failures on the early year C6 Plastic mess-06's on slicks due to inadequate oiling in high speed left handers.

Just a heads up in case you haven't heard, but from what I have read there have been lots of engine failures on the early year C6 Plastic mess-06's on slicks due to inadequate oiling in high speed left handers.

I've heard that, too. Luckily, any engine related failures will be taken care of by 'The General'.

But I will probably replace the dry sump reservoir with the LG unit - that's supposed to reduce that issue.