40 Lamborghinis sold in July, 164 year-to-date

webster132

Things aren't looking to rosy for Lamborghini in the USA. In June, 34 cars sold. In July, 40 cars. Year to date, 164.

Ferrari is flush with new models that are selling well, so they did 141, 120, and 787 respectively.

We need that new murci to come out soon and kick some serious ass!

And a replacement G right behind it!

And a replacement G right behind it!

G570 SL did a better lap time than Ferrari 458 in italian magazine Quattroruote test: more than 1 sec better at short Vairano test track. And 4 wheel drive G570 SL marked less weight than two wheel drive F458: it is not a bad car...

I think Gallardo just need a better gearbox: a new dual clutch it's enough, may be with a 600 hp engine upgrade...

G570 SL did a better lap time than Ferrari 458 in italian magazine Quattroruote test: more than 1 sec better at short Vairano test track. And 4 wheel drive G570 SL marked less weight than two wheel drive F458: it is not a bad car...

The G is a great car, but the chassis and styling are 7 years old, its time for a re-up. A new Murci will be the halo car, but a new G will push up those shitty sales numbers, put Lamborghini back into the black.

The G is a great car, but the chassis and styling are 7 years old, its time for a re-up. A new Murci will be the halo car, but a new G will push up those shitty sales numbers, put Lamborghini back into the black.

Yes, a new model is always a good thing for sales, but i wonder how they could build a better looking car than a G 560 Roadster: its really a beautiful car still today.

Murcielago (in my personal opinion) has never been a great looking car or at least not so astonishing as you expect from the top Lamborghini on the market. Diablo was better looking, Countach more better and Miura more and more better.

I think the flagship new Murcielago will raise the market performance quickly giving help to G sales too, if it's great looking as i was told to be.

The new Murcie is coming and was pushed ahead of schedule.

The problem is its price point is 500K. That is too much for a normal production car.

The new Gallardo replacement is still quite a ways off.

The 570 is already out of date and they are sitting in show rooms along with other new 2009 and 2010 cars.

None of this is good.

The problem is its price point is 500K. That is too much for a normal production car.

The 570 is already out of date and they are sitting in show rooms along with other new 2009 and 2010 cars.

None of this is good.

$500k for a Murci is way over the top. That puts the car in a whole different category.

At those current sales levels, you can't possibly expect them to continue business as usual.

...and what will the future used 2012/2013 'Murcie replacement' be priced at, when it is two years old and has 5k miles on the odometer ?

Yes, a new model is always a good thing for sales, but i wonder how they could build a better looking car than a G 560 Roadster: its really a beautiful car still today.

For sure replacing the current G will be a tough act to follow as it is one of those classic designs that will look good forever, but thats not enough, you need fresh, NEW product to move sales, even more so now that the 458 is on the market.

i start thinking they expect to do their business with the new Cayenne based Lambo SUV... (bleah)

An SUV in the Cayenne Turbo price range wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as it would drive development in other departments. I suspect they would sell far more SUVs than four door sedans. However if the SUV ended up in Peking-to-Paris territory they'd miss the mark again.

None of this is good.

I agree. They bumped up the prices of their cars a bit too much over the years. The Gallardo came out at around 165K and now all the (G) vehicles they produce (which are packed to the gills with options) run around 260K. "Too much for a normal production car", and for an entry level (exotic), at that.

:)

None of this is good.

:iamwithstupid:

It's not like next year's 599-replacement (or the F458 for that matter) are cheaper versus the matching Lambo model, but right now Lambo needs a GOOD dose of "value" (shock! :shock:) added to the marque.

Just SO much competition from multiple brands, with more on the way (Esprit, MP4-12, etc).

Entry level L-car needs to be at $200k with good options, flagship L-car car needs to be at $400k with good options. Both are currently much higher and suffering for it.

Mako, you are exactly right.

Also, they need to re evaluate their release timing of their models.

Everybody knew the 458 and MC-12 4 were coming and that both cars were going to be big jumps in technology that would make the current platforms look old.

The 570 Sl should have been released instead of the Balboni and it would have had time in the showrooms to compete against the Scuderia.

The 570 Sl should have been released instead of the Balboni and it would have had time in the showrooms to compete against the Scuderia.

Good thought. What a sales dud the 550-2 turned out to be, which is a shame considering who it's meant to be honored.

Agree that the SL should have come earlier, they easily could have skipped the 550-2 and simply honored Valentino with the 570-4 as a tribute.

Good thought. What a sales dud the 550-2 turned out to be, which is a shame considering who it's meant to be honored.

Agree that the SL should have come earlier, they easily could have skipped the 550-2 and simply honored Valentino with the 570-4 as a tribute.

What they should have done was make a 570-2 superleggera and call it the Balboni...

Sorry you can't give Valentino an AWD for a tribute!

That 550-2 is gonna be *the* car in a few years, above the 570 SL I reckon.

Or maybe not...maybe it will become another Ford GT, appreciated only by real car guys. :icon_mrgreen:

What they should have done was make a 570-2 superleggera and call it the Balboni...

Sorry you can't give Valentino an AWD for a tribute!

That 550-2 is gonna be *the* car in a few years, above the 570 SL I reckon.

Or maybe not...maybe it will become another Ford GT, appreciated only by real car guys. :icon_mrgreen:

No G (nor M) car in any iteration will become a Ford GT type collectible because there are simply way too many of them in too many versions.

Things aren't looking to rosy for Lamborghini in the USA. In June, 34 cars sold. In July, 40 cars. Year to date, 164.

Ferrari is flush with new models that are selling well, so they did 141, 120, and 787 respectively.

How are these numbers in relationship with actual production numbers?

The M replacement was initially said to be coming out sometime later this year, but someone on here recently said it's not been pushed back to sometime in 2011.

Anyone know if that's still the case, or have an update on timing for the M replacement?

Give me a Q7/Cayenne/Treg based SUV with the Q7 V12 diesel and price it at the RR supercharged/Cayenne Turbo/G55 pricepoint.

Give me a Q7/Cayenne/Treg based SUV with the Q7 V12 diesel and price it at the RR supercharged/Cayenne Turbo/G55 pricepoint.

:icon_super: :icon_super:

I will be surprised if the M replacement makes it as a MY12. I was originally told the soonest was MY14. I can't imagine them pushing it up more than a year.

Regardless, it DOES need to be no more than $400k. Raising prices 10% a year for 5 years was insane.

> No G (nor M) car in any iteration will become a Ford GT type collectible because there are simply way too many of them in too many versions.

Ford GT = 4,038 total in ~2 years 2 months

Gallardo = 10k from 2003 to 2010/06/24 i.e. ~7 years

Murcielago = 4k from 2001 to 2010/02/12 i.e. ~9 years

I don't think Lamborghini can afford a new model every

two years, or long pauses in between models.

And no, I don't consider the Ford GT to be a collectible.

For that it simply isn't rare enough.

> I will be surprised if the M replacement makes it as a MY12. I was originally told the soonest was MY14. I can't imagine them pushing it up more than a year.

No factory tours until the end of 2010, due to reconfiguration.

This suggests a 2011 introduction, which most likely makes it

a 2012 model year. (Remember, MY2012 starts in mid 2011.)