VBOX results for my 997TT

Allan-Herbie

I can't download the files as I don't have internet at my new house.. I did the runs in the same exact place as I did the lp560 and all my cars so there is no downslope. Temps around 80 degrees.. I tried to get a 60 to 130 but too much traffic. I did 3 runs.. First run the vbox shut off.. 2nd run I got:

0 to 60 in 3.5

0 to 100 in 8.6

1/4 11.80 @ 117.8

2nd run was

0 to 60 was 3.5

0 to 100 was 8.7

1/4 11.90@ 117.2

60 to 130 I tried but too much traffic.. It recorded on the 1/4 mile run @ 11.5.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highest speed I hit was 130 which was either 13flat or 15 flat.. Only figure I can't remember..

What I can honestly say..is the car is fast.. And compared to my gtt...which we also drove out..it feels like a turtle..

I ran the porsche full tank.. Just with me in the car..

You need to desperatly mod that thing... :icon_mrgreen:

Is the tip that much slower than a manual from a roll?? I was told it was definitely slower, but by how much is not really known.

You need to desperatly mod that thing... :icon_mrgreen:

Is the tip that much slower than a manual from a roll?? I was told it was definitely slower, but by how much is not really known.

I think the difference between the two will only show at high speeds

Similar numbers to Bernard's SE pre turbos. Not bad for a stock Tip car. I wonder how the 996TT cars compare stick vs. manual.

The car is stock, right? I am fairly impressed with the 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times as well for a stock/ relatively stock tip.

Similar numbers to Bernard's SE pre turbos. Not bad for a stock Tip car. I wonder how the 996TT cars compare stick vs. manual.

Well that brings up a good point.. In reality..from a dead stop the 997tt tip is gonna kick the crap out of a Gallardo from a dead stop. It's simply too consistent, too easy to launch. All of Bernards runs were in the low to mid 12's and then he was able to click off one run in the 11s. I bet I can launch the 997 50x.. And it will always be in the 11s. I think on a roll a good Gallardo and the 997tt should be fairly close. I tested the lp560 on this same exact road.. And an lp560 will destroy the 997 in any roll on, from a dead stop they could still be fairly close.

As for a 6 speed car, todd from evoms vboxed his stock 6speed @ 12.2 @ 117mph. Considering his skills in 911's I take that run as a good indicator. That being said the supposed world record for a stock tip @ a real dragstrip is 11.4@122. I personally saw that car run 11.6@121 in AZ.

As for my car being relatively stock..its 100% stock..

Kilo.. As for beating my shit.. As of now dead stop from your own numbers you'd get smoked...:) On top of that the question was always about a 997tt tip with bolt ons.. Where I'm going to go with total destruction for the Gallardo.

That being said the more I drive both cars..the Gallardo is the far superior car in every aspect other than speed.

Slightly O/T but Congrats on the new house.

Overall are you happy with the Turbo? Or is it just a garage placeholder until you can pick up a supersport?

Slightly O/T but Congrats on the new house.

Overall are you happy with the Turbo? Or is it just a garage placeholder until you can pick up a supersport?

I like the porsche.. But for day to day use I liked the bentley alot more. As a sportscar the car is a bit dull. Def needs to be modded or I would be bored already. Any porsche guys who performance aside think the 997 is on the same level as a gallardo need to have their head examined.

I like the porsche.. But for day to day use I liked the bentley alot more. As a sportscar the car is a bit dull. Def needs to be modded or I would be bored already. Any porsche guys who performance aside think the 997 is on the same level as a gallardo need to have their head examined.

This makes sense actually, when you can own category-leaders simutaneously I would imagine it's tough to find happiness in the all-around balanced cars.

Meaning you've had extreme luxury and DD-ability in the CGT, and then extreme performance in the G-TT, so how would a car that isn't as good at either category but attempts to do both going to be as satisfying to you? Almost like a vehicular jack-of-all-trades but master-of-none.

If you could afford just ONE car the 997 would probably be perfect for your needs. But you're not limited to one car so...

Who knows though, maybe modding it will totally change the appeal of the car to push it closer to the G-TT's performance level but without the drama of a clutch, attention, parking issues, etc. In that way the 997TT could really shine and stand out to you as a unique appeal.

Gotta feeling this impulse buy is not gonna last long.....NEXT!

Make sure it has some room in the back for two or three spinners. :icon_mrgreen:

Gotta feeling this impulse buy is not gonna last long.....NEXT!

:lol2:

I was trying to be nice in my post but I also think this car's days are numbered. :icon_mrgreen:

I agree.. If you could only afford 1 car.. And wanted something you could mod and race and stuff..the Porsche is a good choice. I do think that buying one as an exotic... It totally fails..

I like the car though and can't wait to get started ona few mods so I can show Kilo that witha few simple mods his ass is TOAST :)

I got one of the first 997's and it lasted 5 days as a toy, a total disappointment. I just got another one as a daily driver with pdk and couldn't be happier. I agree, it is no fancy toy but it is a great all around car. I drive it to equal parts work and Sebring and it has yet to disappoint.

If I make it to the 1/4 mile track this Friday, I'll post up my results.

If you are talking about your superg, we vboxed oe in AZ... Dead flat road and could onlu do 0 to 100.. Best we got with a 145lb driver was :

0 to 60 in 3.6 and 0 to 100 in 8.8....

I'm confident from a roll a Superg will def pull the 997TT.

If you are talking about your superg, we vboxed oe in AZ... Dead flat road and could onlu do 0 to 100.. Best we got with a 145lb driver was :

0 to 60 in 3.6 and 0 to 100 in 8.8....

I'm confident from a roll a Superg will def pull the 997TT.

I was thinking about taking the 911. I did the softronic ecu flash and tubi exhaust.

I was thinking about taking the 911. I did the softronic ecu flash and tubi exhaust.

oh..ok that would be cool! I'm going to do exhaust..ecu and tcu first and then vbox it again. One thing I don't like about Porsches is they all need race gas to achieve any of their high hp claims. I only care what the car can make on pump gas.

oh..ok that would be cool! I'm going to do exhaust..ecu and tcu first and then vbox it again. One thing I don't like about Porsches is they all need race gas to achieve any of their high hp claims. I only care what the car can make on pump gas.

I'll be running a 93 Octane file. I've only 1/4'd a few times so I'm sure that this will not be the world record:)

BTW, the Tubi street sounds great! I picked it up used for 2K then added the double round Fabspeed tips.

I also did the Softronic flash myslef...pretty easy to do.

You should check out 6Speed classified for exhaust sales, there is always something there.

I'll be running a 93 Octane file. I've only 1/4'd a few times so I'm sure that this will not be the world record:)

BTW, the Tubi street sounds great! I picked it up used for 2K then added the double round Fabspeed tips.

I also did the Softronic flash myslef...pretty easy to do.

You should check out 6Speed classified for exhaust sales, there is always something there.

I just checked my files and on both runs the car recorded 0-60ft times @ 1.7 sec.... Not too shabby! Ive got a Fabspeed exhaust coming, and EVOMS ECU and TCU . Then Ill vbox again so KILO can see how badly he would get destroyed :icon_mrgreen: and then after ill do Turbo upgrade and I/C's

how does it compare to your former 996tt ?

also, how does it compare to the slr :)

I didnt like the 996TT... As for the SLR vs 997TT.. there is no comparison and the SLR would redicule the stock Porsche. I raced a modded 997TT from a roll way back when and the cars were dead even till 160mph, with the Porsche making a claimed 575awhp.

As promised after a night at the track:

Disclaimer: this was only the fourth time I've done this and the last was 1998!

It's also much more difficult to launch a car properly..a lot of credit to those that get it right.

First run air temp @ 80 with a slight wind at your back:

Launch somewhere around 3K RPM

can't find slip -

11.9 @ 121mph

I think I forgot to turn off the A/C

Second run - I took about 10K miles off of my clutch...a total throw away run!:(

Launched somewhere north of 5K, not really intentionally...it didn't smell very good.

Definitely had A/C on because they stopped me at the end of the run and asked...rookie move huh!

Third run - temps in low 70's

I definitely took it a bit easier after the last botched run -

60' - 2.138

1/8 - 7.897

1/4 - 12.004 @120.63

Fourth run - temp around 70

60' - 2.119

1/8 - 7.897

1/4 - 11.92 @ 121.74

Last run - air temp about 66

60' - 2.018

1/8 - 7.776

1/4 - 11.80 @ 124.7

Overall I was impressed wit the car...not necessarily my skill. I definitely think that properly driven there is a couple/few more

MPH and possibly a couple/few tenth's.

My friends stock 09 GTR ran consistent mid 11.9's at 119 to 120mph in either manual or auto mode.