WTF:Veyrons selling at under 1 million USD!?

LAMBEEZY

What most people don't realize is when they fly, a preflight check occurs, and throughout the year the aircraft is checked by the maintenance crew.

The Veyron is exactly like an airplane in this sense. Bugatti wishes to make sure everything is perfect on the Veyron, because at 253mph, the speed Bugatti assumes the Veyron will see every time an owner takes one out, they want no issues.

The price is pretty reasonable IMHO , considering the service is comparable to the CGT 4 year service and that is somewhat costly and time consuming as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, Im happy they are reliable.. Ill buy one out of warranty, and take my chances and Alex at SP will do all my servicing.. Ill get custom wheels made, use normal tires and all will be fine.. Its still just a car, and I will never go 253mph...

Personally, Im happy they are reliable.. Ill buy one out of warranty, and take my chances and Alex at SP will do all my servicing.. Ill get custom wheels made, use normal tires and all will be fine.. Its still just a car, and I will never go 253mph...

:iamwithstupid:

Probably the same hourly rate as Lamborghini charges for it's matte paint jobs and Ferrari for it's two-tone roof color option.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

good point

i would not try the top speed potential of this car (honestly)

i am not interested in going over 200 mph

as long as you are not going to use his over 200 mph potential, there is no need for the HIPER expensive rims and tyres change every 2-3 years (we are talking about what??? 50k$-60k$??? for rims and tyres alone?)

rims and tyres that last on a TT G with more power than the Bugatti will do just fine on the veyron (as long as you are not going to try that 400 Km-h top speed! of course ;) )

and i am pretty much sure some shops that build 1300 whp monsters, can service-amintain it without major problems

on the other hand, skip the official servicing (even using great shops) and most buyer will run away from the car on re-sale

on the other hand, skip the official servicing (even using great shops) and most buyer will run away from the car on re-sale

Eh, as far as Im concerned, if I buy a Veryron, I'm never selling it. Automotive icon that will go down in history. 20 yrs from now it could be worth 10mil.

Eh, as far as Im concerned, if I buy a Veryron, I'm never selling it. Automotive icon that will go down in history. 20 yrs from now it could be worth 10mil.

20 years from now that's what the latest superdupercar 'de jour' will cost you.

You really can't. The wheels and MANY other parts are unique and interact with the Veryon's computers. If changed you're inviting Disaster. We looked into "P 4/5 ing" one and deceided it would be a nightmare.

A Middle Eastern Owner simply tried to change the body panels to the Chrome looking ones and it turned into a cluster fcuk from what I was told.

20 years from now that's what the latest superdupercar 'de jour' will cost you.

yeah but I wouldnt have spent 10mm to get it (veyron). appreciation.

You really can't. The wheels and MANY other parts are unique and interact with the Veryon's computers. If changed you're inviting Disaster. We looked into "P 4/5 ing" one and deceided it would be a nightmare.

A Middle Eastern Owner simply tried to change the body panels to the Chrome looking ones and it turned into a cluster fcuk from what I was told.

Im pretty sure that is blown way out of proportion.. If the wheels have anything, they will have sensors in them that can be moved to the new wheels.. On top of that, worst comes to worst, Id keep the stock wheels, and use normal tires..

Im pretty sure that is blown way out of proportion.. If the wheels have anything, they will have sensors in them that can be moved to the new wheels.. On top of that, worst comes to worst, Id keep the stock wheels, and use normal tires..

Wouldn't work. The wheels are made specifically for one type of tire and they can only be changed out by one company in France.

Wouldn't work. The wheels are made specifically for one type of tire and they can only be changed out by one company in France.

Then HRE makes me a nice new wheel :icon_mrgreen:

I'm sure you can order Michelin Veyron tires (300mph rating) to be delivered to your local high-end tire shop and installed there. You guys are silly acting like this thing is the Space Shuttle. It goes 250mph because it has 16 cylinders and 4 turbochargers...and the tires are $4500 each at the most.

Nope stock wheels can't take any tire but the original ones. Pininfarina went to factory and met with engneers and not blown way out of proportion.

I'm sure you can order Michelin Veyron tires (300mph rating) to be delivered to your local high-end tire shop and installed there. You guys are silly acting like this thing is the Space Shuttle. It goes 250mph because it has 16 cylinders and 4 turbochargers...and the tires are $4500 each at the most.

No you can't. Michelin won't sell these tires period. They will only source them to Bugatti. Pininfarina tried to get them for P 4/5 and Michelin said no.

No you can't. Michelin won't sell these tires period. They will only source them to Bugatti. Pininfarina tried to get them for P 4/5 and Michelin said no.

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

And where do you see the prices of Veyron's by end of 2011, when production will finish?

And where do you see the prices of Veyron's by end of 2011, when production will finish?

Too many produced to appreciate to the level swil feels they will.

I definitely can see them trading for around their original MSRP in ten years, which represents significant appreciation from where they are today.

Plus despite how it looks right now (awful euro and US regs, emission controls, green-nazis, etc) the future will hold a car, or several cars, that will outperform the Veyron. Someone always shoots for the title of G.O.A.T.

Too many produced to appreciate to the level swil feels they will.

I definitely can see them trading for around their original MSRP in ten years, which represents significant appreciation from where they are today.

Plus despite how it looks right now (awful euro and US regs, emission controls, green-nazis, etc) the future will hold a car, or several cars, that will outperform the Veyron. Someone always shoots for the title of G.O.A.T.

I agree it looks as if they have made too many variations of the same car (Sang XXXX etc.) sort of a Gallardo mishap. But I see it holding steady like the CarreraGT with a slow appreciation upwards. In the future there may be others that outperform, but......it will be a long time, just like the MClaren F1. Either way, it's a sick car.

• 2 weeks later...

Veyron servicing cost breakdown :

Total: $30,000

Oil $1,000

Filters etc. $2,000

Misc. Nonsense : $1,500

Labour: $5,000

Veyron Tax: $20,500 (What??? we have the tools, dooh :rolleyes: )