WTF:Veyrons selling at under 1 million USD!?

LAMBEEZY

Just saw a veyron go at $700k in the barret jackson auctions on tv... I believe it was live?! No reserve so I was definitely sold. Same color combo as Rob's.

Yeah, it was live... Here's the listing and pics

Sold for $700,000 (hammer price), but did you catch the drama a few minutes later? Apparently the "buyer" had cold feet or something. They were vague at first, but then said he didn't think he was the high bidder, which he clearly was. In the end they kicked him out and Craig Jackson said he'd take the car himself for the same price since it wasn't the consignors fault, so it did sell, but sold to the auction company.

The high bidder looked like a douche and appeared pretty nervous and shocked when the bidding was over. He had some fat chick next to him who was all excited though. I'm wondering if he was bidding trying to impress the fat chick or look like a big man on TV and got caught out. :eusa_think:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was live... Here's the listing and pics

Sold for $700,000 (hammer price), but did you catch the drama a few minutes later? Apparently the "buyer" had cold feet or something. They were vague at first, but then said he didn't think he was the high bidder, which he clearly was. In the end they kicked him out and Craig Jackson said he'd take the car himself for the same price since it wasn't the consignors fault, so it did sell, but sold to the auction company.

The high bidder looked like a douche and appeared pretty nervous and shocked when the bidding was over. He had some fat chick next to him who was all excited though. I'm wondering if he was bidding trying to impress the fat chick or look like a big man on TV and got caught out. :eusa_think:

My bet is that he was acting like a baller and trying to impress people thinking the bidding would go well past 700k and all of a sudden he wins the bid war at 700k and freaks out.

My bet is that he was acting like a baller and trying to impress people thinking the bidding would go well past 700k and all of a sudden he wins the bid war at 700k and freaks out.

:lol2: :eusa_wall: :lol2:

The bidding at first was up to 750k, but then it got dropped back to 700k, theres a 10% fee added, so it ended up selling really at 770k. They said on the program that the yearly maintenance was 100k, dunno where they got that info.

Looks like Tim Durhams old one. Then again there are a handful of black and silver ones around. But I do know his got sold or repoed or whatever it was when his scandal fell to pieces.

To get bidding credentials at BJ you have to pay a $9k deposit and that is only good for bids up to $90k. Is the dude walking away from his deposit? Do you think BJ will go after him? The bidders agreement makes it clear that they can go after you if you back out. I wonder how successful they would be.

Apart from the "funny" or rather "tragic" story, lets state, that would have been the lowest price a Bugatti Veyron would have been sold so far

$ 770'000.00 including commission

I call BS. Not on the cost but the "routine" intervals. Think about it, the tires are strong enough to withstand 254mph but they can't handle 20k miles? Unless the guy is daily driving it shouldn't have a problem with spending $40k every couple years or so. And the routine service...Wha, every year?

Maybe Rob can chime in to give some insight.

Required to keep the warranty valid I think.

Ah, didn't think of that. Wait, but it's really NOT that much money. If you own a million dollar item, what ever it is don't you think 21k is reasonable for maintenance?? Look at a million dollar house. Yearly maintenance is AT LEAST $21k. So again....why is that guy bitchin'?

It's 2% of cost. That's like a $1,000 yearly service on a $50,000 Merc it's all relative...That guy is a tool.

• 1 month later...

The prices are going DOWN... You can buy them for MUCH less than a Mill... And I bet the out of warranty cars will cost MUCH less to take care of then people think..

The prices are going DOWN... You can buy them for MUCH less than a Mill... And I bet the out of warranty cars will cost MUCH less to take care of then people think..

So, you think that the price will go down to 400-500$ in a few years? I don't think so. As soon as the production finishes, prices will rise every year...as is the case with McLaren F1

I agree with up keep prices being a lot less than what the factory charges now, but parts are going to expensive and hard to come by.

So, you think that the price will go down to 400-500$ in a few years? I don't think so. As soon as the production finishes, prices will rise every year...as is the case with McLaren F1

I believe it will be a LONG time before prices start to rise, and these cars can be bought used NOW in the 750K range..

I'm pretty sure, that the price will rise every year...

So, this could be a good investment! :icon_thumleft:

No way. Price will go down, and by the time it ever goes up (which it probably won't,) the cost of inflation would have made it a terrible investment.

McLaren F1 is a completely different thing. IMO, no one will be talking about the Veyron in 20 years like they do the F1.

No way. Price will go down, and by the time it ever goes up (which it probably won't,) the cost of inflation would have made it a terrible investment.

McLaren F1 is a completely different thing. IMO, no one will be talking about the Veyron in 20 years like they do the F1.

Time will tell...

Guest Rob Burgundy

Im with the others saying the price on this will go down. I bet in 5 years time you'll see them hovering around 600-650k with 20k miles