From Paris Motor Show - New Lambo Concept Car

a007apl

But to show the Murci replacement or even the much talked about Estoque alongside a concept means it has to be something really special to get the headlines.

One has got to have showcasing technology and styling whilst the other has got to sell. Sell well.

Would you put them side by side?

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Porsche sold 22,000 Panameras in year one, if the Estoque bagged 5% of that market, that equals 1000 units. Lamborghini only sold 1500 cars last year. If they price/market the Estoque correctly, the factory could be back to black muy pronto. No way a 500k Murci will sell enough units to make a difference to the bottom line.

From a product marketing POV a Murci/Estoque double intro, followed by a new G 12 to 18 months later(after 458 buzz dies down) seems to make a lot of sense.

My dealer was talking about the Estoque being around the $400k mark here, that would make it sub $200k in US perhaps around $170k to $200k range.

I honestly think that would be a huge money maker for Lambo if it's going to materialize.

Lets take a poll:

How many of you would have both an estoque and whatever other 2 door lambo in your garage if the estoque was built? I for one would (as long as it stays in the 140-170 range).

Lets take a poll:

How many of you would have both an estoque and whatever other 2 door lambo in your garage if the estoque was built? I for one would (as long as it stays in the 140-170 range).

Eh, not me. I don't think it looks that great and couldn't care less about brand. I think there are better options in the sedan market. I'd rather just have a 4-door, long wheel base model of something else.

The second pic with those weird lumps at the sides. They don't look right. Upset the shape... If it is an engine cover. We'll see...

I'm guessing they are for the exhaust.

Swil put me down for one plus one Toyota Camry for BrianWilsonUK

Fortis, no need to wait. You can go order an Estoque right now at your local Audi dealer. I think they call it the A8.

Just a little thing I noticed.

If you look at those 10 hexagons, they are clearly on an angle. Those openings are not pointing straight up as far as I can tell. As such, I would think it has to do with air flowing over and into them. If it's in the engine bay, I don't see how that would help with airflow since there shouldn't be much air coming from behind the passenger compartment. If they don't have anything to do with airflow, it's odd that they would be on such an angle solely for style because the red rims appear to be facing toward the front of the car. If they weren't facing the front of the engine bay, then you wouldn't see a completely black background. Well, you might, but that would assume the engine is outside the car in this photo.

Also, the colors are very Audi.

Fortis, no need to wait. You can go order an Estoque right now at your local Audi dealer. I think they call it the A8.

A7 not out yet.

I don't think a SL Spyder warrants an auto show run up. That's the kind of think you send a press packet out for and reveal entirely with some photos. It's just an SL with Spyder roof. Or rather, it's a 560 Spyder with some SL parts. You pick.

If it is though, how ungodly disappointing that would be.

Porsche sold 22,000 Panameras in year one, if the Estoque bagged 5% of that market, that equals 1000 units. Lamborghini only sold 1500 cars last year. If they price/market the Estoque correctly, the factory could be back to black muy pronto. No way a 500k Murci will sell enough units to make a difference to the bottom line.

From a product marketing POV a Murci/Estoque double intro, followed by a new G 12 to 18 months later(after 458 buzz dies down) seems to make a lot of sense.

This approach would make sense from a business perspective.

If they could launch a momeymaker high volume car they could then afford to have the flagship a true mega buck top of the heap hypercar.

My first line includes the words sense and business so probably won;t happen from Lambo?

A7 not out yet.

True, although my buddy found one visiting a dealer in Pittsburgh. One of the first in the wild in the US.