Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

The idea is not new. Cost & contamination is the problem. They could sell it in tubes like toothpaste also. Not happening. Marketing and price points have more impact than the last tea spoon of product. The idea might do better in a third world, but that's not where the money is.

Do they not sell condiments in toothpaste-style tubes because of the price or because of cost and contamination issues.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they not sell condiments in toothpaste-style tubes because of the price or because of cost and contamination issues.

Sure, but not peanut butter that I am aware of.

We just finished fixing one of these...not as bad as you would think

yea but you cant fix the car fax report... its a flood car that will have a rebuilt title now.

So in 2005's King Kong, there is a scene where after Kong throws the log down with the people on it, they end up in a pit where it turns out there are some giant killer bugs and worms. What I didn't know however was that there was also such a scene done for the original King Kong of 1933, but it was so horrifying to audiences that they screened the film to that they decided to leave it out.

Here is the 1933 scene:

And for the sake of it, here is the 2005 scene, which IMO is also a bit disturbing (although stupid in some ways too with that Tommy gun shooting IMO):

For trivia, those big worms are supposed to be evolved intestinal worms. The "theory" goes that they would live in the intestines of large carnivores, but then one at some point fell into the pit and died and eventually the worms came out. The worms found themselves in an environment in which they could thrive, warm due to geothermal vents, and food from other animals that would fall in. Over time, they evolved into these giant killer worms.

And that big claw that shoots out of the crevice and grabs the guy is of what is supposed to be a giant type of crab that lives in the crevices and waits for creatures to move past and then in an explosive jump-and-grab, it snatches them.

So in 2005's King Kong, there is a scene where after Kong throws the log down with the people on it, they end up in a pit where it turns out there are some giant killer bugs and worms. What I didn't know however was that there was also such a scene done for the original King Kong of 1933, but it was so horrifying to audiences that they screened the film to that they decided to leave it out.

Here is the 1933 scene:

And for the sake of it, here is the 2005 scene, which IMO is also a bit disturbing (although stupid in some ways too with that Tommy gun shooting IMO):

For trivia, those big worms are supposed to be evolved intestinal worms. The "theory" goes that they would live in the intestines of large carnivores, but then one at some point fell into the pit and died and eventually the worms came out. The worms found themselves in an environment in which they could thrive, warm due to geothermal vents, and food from other animals that would fall in. Over time, they evolved into these giant killer worms.

And that big claw that shoots out of the crevice and grabs the guy is of what is supposed to be a giant type of crab that lives in the crevices and waits for creatures to move past and then in an explosive jump-and-grab, it snatches them.

To disturbing?

Does no one remember Starship Troopers? When i saw that movie when it first came out I felt physically ill. Until the tits. I loved that part. :lol2:

Does no one remember Starship Troopers? When i saw that movie when it first came out I felt physically ill. Until the tits. I loved that part. :lol2:

Love that movie but for the life of me I can't remember any tits in it

Love that movie but for the life of me I can't remember any tits in it

Shower scene.

I have a new respect for freight train engineers. Didn't know there are tracks like this in the U.S.!

I have a new respect for freight train engineers. Didn't know there are tracks like this in the U.S.!

Dagny Taggart would be aghast.

To disturbing?

Really? When I first saw that movie, I just thought it was stupid. A bit gross in some parts, but stupid. It's campiness I think helped take some of the seriousness out of it. The worm scene however I found very disturbing. What is interesting is that I had completely, totally forgotten about it. I have heard that if the brain sees something too traumatizing, it will erase the memory. I wonder if that is what happened when I first saw the movie and my brain had wiped out the memory.

BTW, there is also a topless scene in Starship Troopers when Caspar van Dien is banging the female soldier. That film I think ruined his chances of ever becoming a big star unfortunately.

Thank god none of those engineers were Spaniards!

Dagny Taggart would be aghast.

Needs the new Rearden Steel for the tracks, and that most definitely is NOT the John Galt line.

The steel for the replacement track has been appropriated under the new common social welfare act and sent to a car parts manufactuer whos freinds of Wesley Mouch in Detroit.

The steel for the replacement track has been appropriated under the new common social welfare act and sent to a car parts manufactuer whos freinds of Wesley Mouch in Detroit.

Son of a... :lol2:

I really need to read Atlas Shrugged.

Rand saved the best for last with Atlas Shrugged. Fantastic and one of my favorite novels. The Fountian Head is also a very good book of hers. It got a little long in the tooth for me, but the principles by and large are worth exploring.