Tire options for GTT....

FikseSTS

Deciding between the Toyo R888's and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. With about 850HP at the wheels, how do street tires hold up at that power level with the GTT? I hate how my Pilot cup sports on my ACR kick up all of the road debri and would rather go with true street tires, but I want to be able to drive the GTT without spinning all over....

for those of R888's, how warm do you have to have them before they stick?

thanks!

Deciding between the Toyo R888's and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. With about 850HP at the wheels, how do street tires hold up at that power level with the GTT? I hate how my Pilot cup sports on my ACR kick up all of the road debri and would rather go with true street tires, but I want to be able to drive the GTT without spinning all over....

for those of R888's, how warm do you have to have them before they stick?

thanks!

R888's..End of story... Ive had both..

I switched from the stock Pirellis to Toyo R888 and I will never go back. The car is controllable without the stickier rubber, but it is just so much easier to put all the power down on the Toyos.

do you have the really heat up the tires as per Toyo (160degrees), or are they ready to go while just cruising around?

I switched from the stock Pirellis to Toyo R888 and I will never go back. The car is controllable without the stickier rubber, but it is just so much easier to put all the power down on the Toyos.

i have the PS2's w/850 whp, virtually no wheel spin but lots of crap thrown up from tires.

if i had 19's i would do toyos, but i have 20's

do you have the really heat up the tires as per Toyo (160degrees), or are they ready to go while just cruising around?

I have never had to heat up the tires, always ready to go just by cruising around.

i have the PS2's w/850 whp, virtually no wheel spin but lots of crap thrown up from tires.

I also had no wheel spin at all with about 800 rwhp.

Also, the PS2's will last a lot longer, are probably a lot better in the rain, handle better given their stiffer sidewall, and I am assuming that they would kick out a lot less rocks than the stickier R888s.

For a 800-850 rwhp car, I would not hesitate and get PS2's. For a more powerful GTT, I'd go with the R888s.

I also had no wheel spin at all with about 800 rwhp.

Also, the PS2's will last a lot longer, are probably a lot better in the rain, handle better given their stiffer sidewall, and I am assuming that they would kick out a lot less rocks than the stickier R888s.

For a 800-850 rwhp car, I would not hesitate and get PS2's. For a more powerful GTT, I'd go with the R888s.

I dont see how you guys got traction.. On both my first TT kit, and second....1st to 3rd would get wheelspin...

I dont see how you guys got traction.. On both my first TT kit, and second....1st to 3rd would get wheelspin...

How to do the toyo's stack up against the pirelli corsa rosso's? Would you recommend them for a beater 06 g

Any leads on where to buy the R888s, few places said they don't have em in stock....

They are hard to get because all the performance shops snap them up and charge more for them.. Heffner should be able to get you a set..

I have been using pzero corsas from day one, also a very sticky tire, they were out of stock for a while, but I believe you can get them now.

Kisco, are you talking about the PS2 race cup tires? because my tires are very sticky.

Allan your car is also 400lbs heavier than mine, i assume my car hooks a little better because of the weight diff.

Kisco, are you talking about the PS2 race cup tires? because my tires are very sticky.

Allan your car is also 400lbs heavier than mine, i assume my car hooks a little better because of the weight diff.

I am talking about regular PS2s. That's what I had on my car and I never had traction issues, even on my high boost setting. I highly recommend them if one is going to be within the 800 whp range.

You mean lighter... Yeah that prob is true.. I remember once about 2 years ago on my 750 hp kit, on the race cup tires I took my brother in law out, got out on the highway, and stomped it at 60+mph in 3rd and the car got completely sideways. He fcuking shit his pants..

How to do the toyo's stack up against the pirelli corsa rosso's? Would you recommend them for a beater 06 g

The Toyo's R888 are R-comps, the Corsas are more of a soft street tire...For a 'regular' Gallardo, PS2's would probably offer you the best balance of value, traction, wet performance, and life. Unless you track your car alot, I would run PS2's.

You mean lighter... Yeah that prob is true.. I remember once about 2 years ago on my 750 hp kit, on the race cup tires I took my brother in law out, got out on the highway, and stomped it at 60+mph in 3rd and the car got completely sideways. He fcuking shit his pants..

LOL i remember that story. i meant lighter.

The Toyo's R888 are R-comps, the Corsas are more of a soft street tire...For a 'regular' Gallardo, PS2's would probably offer you the best balance of value, traction, wet performance, and life. Unless you track your car alot, I would run PS2's.

I am probably going to get killed by this response but try Hankook Ventus V12. For the price you will be light years ahead and can buy two sets for the price of one set of Corsas. I had PS2's on my Gallardo and they sucked. Replaced them within a month. I run the Hankooks on my Mercedes E63 and they handle very well under 9.0 driving conditions. I am so satisfied with these that I will be trying them on my Gallardo next. Yes my car is not a TT but for the price you can not beat it and if you do not like them you are only out $760 bucks for a set.

I found some R888's, rears are 295/30ZR19 instead of the 305's others are running, maybe they didn't make the 295's back then?