SLS conv spy pics

57udl3y

I'm not a big fan of the SLS but I think that looks quite nice. Interesting door mirrors, btw what are they doing about the doors themselves?

I'm not a big fan of the SLS but I think that looks quite nice. Interesting door mirrors, btw what are they doing about the doors themselves?

Normal/traditional doors, just like the convertible version of the original 300SL Gullwing had normal opening doors.

Normal/traditional doors, just like the convertible version of the original 300SL Gullwing had normal opening doors.

How will they really differetiate it between an SL65amg or whatever super SL there is?

I thought the whole point of the SLS was the gullwing doors? Now its just another convertible.

On the coupe yes, but there is more to the car than just the doors... It's obviously not possible to do gullwing doors on a convertible though, so it will have traditional doors just like the 300SL roadster did in the 1950s.

How will they really differetiate it between an SL65amg or whatever super SL there is?

N/A engine, so quicker response, much ligther, sure think of it as the sl65 as a gt and sls sportier. also this will have a canvas roof thats a difference :P

If its going to cost more then the SLS coupe..i don't see a point..lol the only thing i would pay for is the doors..not for a SLS without the roof..

I can't figure out why people still buy an SL, the car is outdated. The only good looking SL is one from 2005 (2nd/3rd facelift I think).

Then it went downhill.

I can't figure out why people still buy an SL, the car is outdated. The only good looking SL is one from 2005 (2nd/3rd facelift I think).

Then it went downhill.

The new SL will be sitting on the same chassis as the SLS, plus have a TT V8, so I can't figure out the purpose of the SLS conv.

Then it went downhill.

I agreed with you until I drove one, and then within weeks bought one (SL63). Think of it as a swiss army knife of cars, its a little of everything. Obviously its not the best in any one catagory but its got everything, luxury, sportiness, userfriendly and bulletproof. Regarding looks its a matter of opinion, I like the new sqauared off look.

The new SL will be sitting on the same chassis as the SLS, plus have a TT V8, so I can't figure out the purpose of the SLS conv.

The thing is that the SL will be packed with stuff that will make it weigh a ton, where as the SLS is a striped (by Mercedes standards) down GT.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Dammit. I was really hoping they were going to figure out a way to anchor the door hinges behind the head rest and on the windshield frame and keep the gullwing doors for the vert. That would have been something.

Dammit. I was really hoping they were going to figure out a way to anchor the door hinges behind the head rest and on the windshield frame and keep the gullwing doors for the vert. That would have been something.

LOL, I'm just picturing what that would look like. :lol2: :lol2:

Guest Rob Burgundy

C'mon a little creativness and engineering magic im sure they could figure something good out. Maybe extend the trunk and rear head rest area above the drivers head like in the murcielago roadster.

Other than the gullwing doors, IMHO there is not a single appealing angle to the looks of the sls. I just don't understand, unless you just love Mercedes products, why?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...