Miami Heat

pockmark

I was down in Key Largo last weekend while my girlfriend was running a 1/2 marathon and heard about a bar that was betting your bar tab on the Heat winning. IE, if you showed up a 1/2 hour before the game and signed up, if the Heat lost the game they would pay your bartab, you just had to tip. I can only imagine they are taking an ass whipping so far!

On a side note: Im origionally from outside of Cleveland........so I love watching these guys suck it up! I hope Lebron never gets a ring and his selfishness implodes the rest of the team!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Their lack of size on the defensive end doesnt scare teams....Bigger teams like boston and L.A will have their way with them and smaller teams feel they can compete with them (i.e Memphis, Charlotte etc). Not to mention every team is going to give them their best game every night. Its going to take a while for them to compensate for that, unless they make a trade but that's almost impossible because they have no assets that anyone would want for a big man. So until this can slowly get better. It will be hard not see the rubber match between Boston and L.A. in May/June.

Their lack of size on the defensive end doesnt scare teams....Bigger teams like boston and L.A will have their way with them and smaller teams feel they can compete with them (i.e Memphis, Charlotte etc). Not to mention every team is going to give them their best game every night. Its going to take a while for them to compensate for that, unless they make a trade but that's almost impossible because they have no assets that anyone would want for a big man. So until this can slowly get better. It will be hard not see the rubber match between Boston and L.A. in May/June.

Thank you Bill Simmons

On a side note: Im origionally from outside of Cleveland........so I love watching these guys suck it up! I hope Lebron never gets a ring and his selfishness implodes the rest of the team!

post-10945-1290392758.jpg

they got problems, thats for sure, but wade going 1-13 is a black swan. him going 6-13 (remember he dunks and lay ups a lot as well) plus going to free throw line a couple of times would add 12-18 points and make it a lot closer.

I don't know if Mike Miller can save them when he returns, it seems there is no plan - compare LA or Boston in a set vs Heat... the Godfather shall return if this keeps up before Xmas.

Guest SP-superJay

I find it funny to only hear about LA and Boston in comparison to Miami. I love LA, but no one has once mentioned New Orleans. As much as they're not the main contenders, they are still the underdogs that are constantly proving themselves thus far. They were the last to keep undefeated, and they're still going strong. I'm definitely excited to see the Xmas game between Miami and LA to see Miami's true potential. They've lost twice against Boston, let's see if the Lakers will have an issue with them.

I find it funny to only hear about LA and Boston in comparison to Miami. I love LA, but no one has once mentioned New Orleans. As much as they're not the main contenders, they are still the underdogs that are constantly proving themselves thus far. They were the last to keep undefeated, and they're still going strong. I'm definitely excited to see the Xmas game between Miami and LA to see Miami's true potential. They've lost twice against Boston, let's see if the Lakers will have an issue with them.

New Orleans is no joke either.

NO, MIA, LA, and BOS, are the 4 teams that have potential to really make a drive to win the Finals.

MIA is playing horrible. Wade was 1 for 13 last night. He needs to work on consistancy as mentioned before.

New Orleans is no joke either.

NO, MIA, LA, and BOS, are the 4 teams that have potential to really make a drive to win the Finals.

MIA is playing horrible. Wade was 1 for 13 last night. He needs to work on consistency as mentioned before.

It's amazing how basketball appears to be transitioning to the state of football and baseball where a few great guys does not automatically equal world domination. We first saw it in the ass kicking the US took in the Olympics years ago, and now maybe the NBA.

Why would he be selfish, just because he finally switched teams after ~5 years?

It's the manner in which it was done that annoyed the hell out of people. I'm all for people "getting theirs", but there's a proper way of doing it.

I'm not much of a basketball guy so I don't keep up with 90% of the year to year personnel changes but even I was getting annoyed by all of this Lebron hoopla a good 6 months before it happened.

And then the prime time special? :jackoff:

Guest SP-superJay
It's the manner in which it was done that annoyed the hell out of people. I'm all for people "getting theirs", but there's a proper way of doing it.

I'm not much of a basketball guy so I don't keep up with 90% of the year to year personnel changes but even I was getting annoyed by all of this Lebron hoopla a good 6 months before it happened.

Yeah, that's exactly why a lot of people have lost respect for Lebron. He could have kept his composure, and been more civil about his trade. It was like he was throwing it in everyone's face in amusement. He's one hell of a player, but I think he's much better than that to announce his departure in the way he did.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jordan and Kobe put basketball first, becoming rich and famous always seemed to be a distant 2nd. Lebron seems to want to be a product first and a player 2nd. Jordan and Kobe have the unstoppable will to win no matter what. They never accept failure from themselves or teammates. Lebron has an "oh well, we'll get the next one, but did you see me throw the chalk in the air, how cool was that" attitude.

although i dont agree with his exit strategy.

we are dam happy to have him here, in the MIA!

going to games now is a blast! :headbang:

let me know when you are going. Got season tix through work.

Why would he be selfish, just because he finally switched teams after ~5 years?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-l...spoelstra112910

Its not that I consider him selfish because he left after all those years, its because he's an asshole, has always been an asshole, and is continuing to be an asshole. He's selfish as a person, and expects everyone around him to bend to his will. We put up with it in Cleveland for years with the hope that it would all work out in the long run and bring a championship home. People covered up for him, protected his reputation, and bent over backwards for him. Now people get to see the real side of Lebron since he can no longer blame everyone else to make you pity him. You get to sit and hope for that title that sure doesnt seem to falling into your lap with this super 73 win season and everyones to blame.....except Lebron!

how bout that game last night?!?!?! :icon_super: :icon_syda: :icon_thumleft:

24 points in 1 quarter by 1 player will shut up any hater REAL quick. :lol2:

Any Doubters still?

Won last 8 games!

Relax, the Maverics have won 12 straight, Celtics 10 straight, Knicks have 8 straight 13 outta the last 14, Spurs are 20-3, Celtics 19-4...Hardly anything to whoop about. Unless it's the fact that they've started winning for once. They're only at 68% winning percentage so far.

There's 5 other teams in the league that have the same record as the Heat.

Talk to us in the play-offs...

Relax the Maverics have won 12 straight, Celtics 10 straight, Knicks have 8 straight 13 outta the last 14, Spurs are 20-3, Celtics 19-4...Hardly anything to whoop about. Unless it's the fact that they've started winning for once. They're only at 68% winning percentage so far.

Talk to us in the play-offs...

:iamwithstupid: