Banned YouTube Video due to controversy: Chinese Professor

monty007

Sorry if it is a repost. A friend sent me this and I thought it made quite a statement. Don't know what you guys think.

Edit: Who said this is banned? Banned by whom? The US does not ban stuff like this. If anything, no one is willing to run this crap for obvious reasons.

Nonsense fear mongering. And it's not even done well. America falls, China does too. They don't have nearly enough domestic demand and their GDP per capita is nowhere near the US/EU.

BTW, if in 20 years China progresses enough to even be capable of being like that, rest assured there would never in a million years be a giant poster of the worst thing in modern history to ever happen to China -- Mao.

Also, how could America fall while China survive while following those same guidelines? China had massive stimulus, the biggest companies in China are more or less nationalized, and they have a nice bubble in RE in the works.

How about they ban more important things like Justin Bieber.

Ha, agreed.

While this video is produced by a partisan organization, I don't see how an exploding deficit and the unfettered printing of money is partisan.

Mathematics don't lie which is why you can always turn to them to strip out the facts buried in emotional platitudes.

Just today the AUD exceeded parity with the USD. The US dollar is fast becoming toilet paper, especially now that the Fed announced new Quantitative Ponzification measures.

The ad gets almost everything wrong and picks the wrong bogeyman to blame it ALL on.

China is not the biggest holder of US debt, most US debt is held domestically, by individuals, banks, the FED, retirement funds, etc. China is the largest foreign holder of US debt.

Besides low wage labor, few worker rights, limited civil rights, copyright infringements, one of the ways China sucks money out of our economy, and is prolonging the recession is by undervaluing it's currency. This goes against every free trade principle, the WTO, and also is against US law because it gives them an UNFAIR trade advantage. Unfortunately China has been getting a free pass, if the law were applied, and tariffs put up, more products and capital investment would be made in the USA, unemployment would drop, tax revenues increase, govt deficits decline, more exports, etc.

The ad should be advocating sanctions on Chinese imports, not praising their model, which as Brian pointed out, is patently false anyway.

Talking about punishing a country that undervalues it´s currency when you yourself are doing the exact same thing(QE1, QE2 and there will be a few more to come, no doubt about that) and even massively so is just ridiculous!

Forgot:

Alot of nations will follow chinas example as they will inevitably feel riculed by the US´"we devalue but you aren´t supposed to so that we can get a trade advantage" politics (which is totaly nonsense anyway).

People are borrowing dollars and buying things(EM currencies for example) with higher yields which leads to bubbles in those said economies.

So again no one but the FEDs actions are to blame! They´re virtually forcing everyone to devalue!

Talking about punishing a country that undervalues it´s currency when you yourself are doing the exact same thing(QE1, QE2 and there will be a few more to come, no doubt about that) and even massively so is just ridiculous!

The US dollar trades freely on the open market, the Chinese Renminbi(yuan)does not, its value is artificially PEGGED to the US dollar, so if the dollar declines, so does the Renminbi, thus preserving the unfair trade advantage.

Sure I´m going to peg my shit to yours if you´ve been devaluing yours for decades and trying to give yourself an unfair advantage!

Thats what I call an even playing field, an eye for an eye, just achieved by different methods.

Oh, and btw, back in the 90s the US was applauding china when it first came up with the plan, so why all the hostility now?

Anyway, allowing the yuan to trade freely will not give the US enough advantage anyway(the US consumer has problems buying chinese shit now as it´s still cheap, what are they going to buy when it suddenly explodes?? American? Bringing enough capacity back to the US so that it might produce enough to satisfy its own demand might take decades!), but it will harm china and thus pull the whole economy down!

Lee, you have some pent up anger there..... The US cut China some slack in the 80's and onward for geopolitical reasons. Those days are gone. You miss the point.... if the US dollar goes up or down, so does the yuan. This is against US law, against free trade, we have a right by domestic and international law to apply sanctions.

No anger here, but again, whom are those sanctions befiting?? Imho nobody, as I stated so why make a fuss about it at all??

But you´re right I might have a bit of frustration boiled up because of all the (imho) misinterpreting of this global financial game. And I´m not chinese or even (east)asian :icon_mrgreen:

The ad gets almost everything wrong and picks the wrong bogeyman to blame it ALL on.

China is not the biggest holder of US debt, most US debt is held domestically, by individuals, banks, the FED, retirement funds, etc. China is the largest foreign holder of US debt.

Was just about to say that, I posted a link on the biggest holders of U.S. debt in the Business section a few weeks ago.

THE largest holder is the Federal Reserve.

Edit: Who said this is banned? Banned by whom? The US does not ban stuff like this. If anything, no one is willing to run this crap for obvious reasons.

Nonsense fear mongering. And it's not even done well. America falls, China does too. They don't have nearly enough domestic demand and their GDP per capita is nowhere near the US/EU.

BTW, if in 20 years China progresses enough to even be capable of being like that, rest assured there would never in a million years be a giant poster of the worst thing in modern history to ever happen to China -- Mao.

Also, how could America fall while China survive while following those same guidelines? China had massive stimulus, the biggest companies in China are more or less nationalized, and they have a nice bubble in RE in the works.

:iamwithstupid:

Was thinking the same thing too, China had a big stimulus (although they might have overstated their numbers on how big) and if America collapsed, China goes down.

I for one am perfectly fine with an undervalued yuan. It's not like the US has any domestic manufacturing anyway. All it will do is affect my purchasing power.

The US was able to deal with it before and we will be able to deal with it later.

I for one am perfectly fine with an undervalued yuan. It's not like the US has any domestic manufacturing anyway. All it will do is affect my purchasing power.

The US was able to deal with it before and we will be able to deal with it later.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg