Anyone else sick of modifying cars?

Destructo

Modding a car is like starting a story. You don't always know where it will take you, and it doesn't always end the way you thought; but it's usually a good ride!!

But beware...modding makes no sense from a financial pov!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadowman is that you?

every so often I get a little burnt out, but that quickly goes. I like the opportunity to make a car unique for me. That's something OEM can hardly do besides the basic factory options you can choose...

I think it depends on the mods we're talking about too. Body modifications (kits, wheels, tints) and interior modifications may not be so bad right now, but oddly enough it's the performance ones that are kind of crazy. See, when modifying the body, you still have a lot of options and a lot of different designs, so you can see a lot of creativity involved.

Everyone likes a bit of performance, but the thing we've reached is that the performance is unusable and can really only be tapped at the track....and even then, only a straight away. The Gallardo's first turbo set up would have been crazy and got a lot of people interested. Since then we've seen 1000hp on pump gas and more, as well as now 2000hp on race fuel. These cars are pushing 250mph THROUGH one mile of road. It seems like it's become a really big dick swinging contest now, and it's all fun, but it's showing to be more pointless than anything.

I understand wanting more power in a vehicle, but I feel that 1000hp should be the limit on any car, because you're rarely going to tap into it as it is, and to have double that in the car is just opening a huge ass can of worms...

Sick of modifying? Maybe not, but it is a turn off when the car pulls up to you when you have a TT system, and he's got double your horsepower... It's not like before where power wars mattered because the power was still useable. Mercedes makes massive torque, but they have to limit it because it can't even be put down...so what's the point in even mentioning it?

Not enough to make a valid argument. More observation, speculation and disdain from it.

So if you havent been modifying any cars..how can you be sick of it?

I can see people's view on the matter and I think it comes with age. However I am nowhere near done ;) I prefer not to touch the outside styling except to put on lighter wheels and some tints. I like to modify my car performance wise. Either bump up the power or handling. Not so much that it changes the car, but enough so it makes the car as good as it can possibly be. For instance I would never put a TT on a lambo, but I will get better suspension, better induction, maybe cams, exhaust etc. Just to make it as perfect as u can get it without changing what the car is. But thats just me :)

So if you havent been modifying any cars..how can you be sick of it?

Sick of watching all you guys piss your money away ;)

P.S. It's probably because I don't really have the time to do any of it if I even wanted to. I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to vehicles so if i'm going to do something, it's going to be done right. And that in and of itself is a lot of time and money. It's a daunting task before it even begins with me :lol2:

I can see people's view on the matter and I think it comes with age. However I am nowhere near done ;) I prefer not to touch the outside styling except to put on lighter wheels and some tints. I like to modify my car performance wise. Either bump up the power or handling. Not so much that it changes the car, but enough so it makes the car as good as it can possibly be. For instance I would never put a TT on a lambo, but I will get better suspension, better induction, maybe cams, exhaust etc. Just to make it as perfect as u can get it without changing what the car is. But thats just me :)

I can see you point. Perhaps it's just the excessive modifications that have me turned off.

A big part of who I am, is modifying cars. I prefere to spend cash on parts over dashing my cash out on in a pub, and my sparetime is more qualitytime in the garage with like-minded than at the before mentioned pub too. I don't customice and rebuild with economy in mind. I just want to spend my money on what makes me happy. I allways have loads of ideas to so many cars and bikes that I guess I will never have time to do half of them. Guess I will never be totally finished with my Pantera since new ideas pops up all the time, and I am at the time looking into the posibility to put a Honda S2000 engine into a -72 Corolla. Why would I do that you might ask? Because I want to, and can!! Will be a nice daily driver:) Can't see myself spending time in a standard new car with no soul. That car would be for my wife and kids. But on the subject of cars not to modify, I guess I would manage to stay away from the Countach I hopefully soon will get for myself.

PS: I can drink beer in the garage too, so in that way I can have it both :eusa_dance:

Think old fast imports like these are cool!

WangCorolla.bmp

I don't get it, how can one be tired of something they don't do or have done?

Byw, I'm tired of it, all the $ and headaches, but I still do it...

I'm not saying I've never done it :lol2: That would be absurd, I haven't done it as much in comparison to some of our better members, and not the the level they have either.

Just a thought, apparently it falls on deaf ears :rolleyes:

Twins? Try triplets. That gets old fast! :D

+1

Like a friend asks me why I decided to stop playing and settle down with one girl. The answer is because mindless sex gets boring :P

I am a future member of the LP owners club. In the meantime I have been modding my Nissan 350Z from bone stock to a stock block twin turbo set-up to the current built block twin turbo engine pumping out 577whp @19lbs boost. Modding a car is like reading a story in that you may not know how it will start or end but you always enjoy the journey!!!

I have met so many good people thru being a part of the "scene" and isn't that what it's all about??

Anyone else tired of banging twin supermodels on private jets?

between this and modding exotics, i about had it. im hanging the gloves :icon_mrgreen:

I've done very little on the engine/suspension/tire/etc department, but have done enough sound system modifications in two cars to make me curse my own existence. :icon_mrgreen:

When I saw this thread initially, this was what came to mind.

Pardon the Alpine sub....it's long gone!

post-1098-1289428503.jpg

post-1098-1289428510.jpg

post-1098-1289428517.jpg

post-1098-1289428525.jpg

post-1098-1289428533.jpg

post-1098-1289428540.jpg

post-1098-1289428548.jpg

post-1098-1289428554.jpg

post-1098-1289428569.jpg

post-1098-1289428576.jpg

you guys got me ;)

anyone else sick of driving Lambos? :P time for a Plastic mess-R1

Snow here now, bye bye Spyder for at least 6 months, it is really fun to only be able to drive for 3-4 months a year over here :(

Snow here now, bye bye Spyder for at least 6 months, it is really fun to only be able to drive for 3-4 months a year over here :(

You can move....