The noose is getting tighter

topcabron

Even with this case being closed people are still going to be knocking and questioning Lance.

Even when he is dead people are going to want to exhume his body and do drug tests.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Seriously, at this point I don't even care if* he doped. It's a sport I love, but seemingly, everybody is dirty. The problem, though, is time after time they rehash this, but only for Lance. They have had years to prove this and fail each and every time. Why do they keep it up? Is it that he drives them nuts that he swears he did not? The Justice Dept. even had to drop the case. But now, since Lance has been participating as a professional triathlete and will contest the Iron Man Hawaii, they drop this bomb. Ridiculous. Blood samples from 2009? Really? I trust that. Cough.

Lance needs a shirt with old guy face palming "not this again".

*yes, I know he most likely did.

If Lance wasnt so self righteous it would be different. I think now we will now get the truth about pay off, coverups, corruption, doping, and everything else Lance stands for.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-c...rges-are-upheld

But do you really care? I'm no Lance nut, but what good comes from this? Lets say you strip Lance of his titles and already tarnished image, then what? If he did have transfusions and take epo, then proves A) he lied, B) he was the fasted of all the other guys who did the same. I just don't think this will change cycling or its culture. I also think Landis is a nut job. It's a he said/she said group of ego maniacs. Lance included. Maybe I'm all butt hurt because regardless of the outcome, this mess is going to be a media 3 ring circus and only further destroy what's left of professional cycling's image.

When Lemond came back, he was the fasted he had ever been and sucked relative to the field. Perhaps he was the last house hold name that was clean. Really sucks all the way around.

EDIT: Emoticon automatic? weird.

But do you really care? I'm no Lance nut, but what good comes from this? Lets say you strip Lance of his titles and already tarnished image, then what? If he did have transfusions and take epo, then proves A) he lied, B) he was the fasted of all the other guys who did the same. I just don't think this will change cycling or its culture. I also think Landis is a nut job. It's a he said/she said group of ego maniacs. Lance included. Maybe I'm all butt hurt because regardless of the outcome, this mess is going to be a media 3 ring circus and only further destroy what's left of professional cycling's image.

When Lemond came back, he was the fasted he had ever been and sucked relative to the field. Perhaps he was the last house hold name that was clean. Really sucks all the way around.

EDIT: Emoticon automatic? weird.

The sport has already changed a lot over the past 15 years because of testing.

What good comes from this? Probably nothing.

But, it makes me sick that this a-hole dopestrong who has built his empire on everything false. I know it's not the first person to do this, but just like Madoff and the like.

To me, it smacks of a government monied department going after a big fish to try and justify their future budgets.

No one wins there.

I agree...look at what a mess the Clemons trial has been over steroids and lying, and how much wasted taxpayer $$ have been spent...this is more of the same....

I agree...look at what a mess the Clemons trial has been over steroids and lying, and how much wasted taxpayer $$ have been spent...this is more of the same....

:iamwithstupid:

They spent over $8 million on Bonds..it's a complete waste of money and utterly mindless allocation of merger resources. They should be going after pedophiles and murders.

They spent over $8 million on Bonds..it's a complete waste of money and utterly mindless allocation of merger resources. They should be going after pedophiles and murders.

Can't do that....they don't want to set the bar to high.

I know it's fake but it makes sense, "every uses so the playing field is still equal."

After all these years, if investigators haven't found enough evidence, no way on earth that Armstrong is going to confess. He would lose too much money, credibility, friends and ""friends"" and investors and would be mocked, lose his titles, ...

I really don't care anymore, he's using his money and resources to fight cancer. That's good enough for me.

Let's say we're even and call it quits. :)

I think that there are a rather large number of unsettled questions about what proportion of the funds that Livestrong and Lance raise are proportioned directly to cancer research, as opposed to going to support other activities that Lance engages in, such as his legal defence.

Question for TC-Any idea as to why if there were abnormalities in Lance's blood samples dating back to 2009, why would those abnormalities not have been detected in his biological passport, and action not taken against him at that time?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, some justice in the sport has been served. I guess this means that LeMonde is still the only American to win the Tour.

Finally, some justice in the sport has been served. I guess this means that LeMonde is still the only American to win the Tour.

Yeah, and if you believe that... Remember, Fignon detailed his doping practices in a book. He barely beat Fignon. You think the badger was clean? Some have said, in some circles, that LeMond brought EPO to the table in the 80's. It was invented in '86 and produced in California. I don't know, but I wouldn't put any cyclist on a pedestal. Even Eddie Merckx got popped back in the day.

Problem with the Lance thing is this, WHO THE fcuk ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE THE JERSEYS TO? Everyone else below him was doped too. Most of them have been busted. I don't believe Lance to be clean, never really have, but the playing field was level for the most part. It is the reason prodigies like Kevin Livingston bounced. All of the top guys then, hell probably even now, have been doped up. I don't support it, never did, but there is NO ONE from 1999 to 2005 that likely deserves it. Here is the list of people that would pick up the "win" if they so choose to bestow it...

Zulle (yeah right, popped)

Ullrich (yeah right, popped big time)

Beloki (popped and disappeared)

Kloden (how this fucker has never been found out...)

Basso (popped and time served)

Even third place is no better

Escartin

Beloki

Rumsas (popped and even had his wife in jail for drug mule'ing his shit across the border and left her ass there to rot!)

Vinokurov (give me a fcuking break, one of the dirtiest riders in the pro peloton. Popped and time served.)

Ullrich

LOL the whole sport is a joke at the highest professional level. Before all this at least it was inspiring to people. Lance inspired a lot of people to get out and get on bikes. Now that's gone and the sport will go back into further obscurity than it was before the Lance effect.

LOL the whole sport is a joke at the highest professional level. Before all this at least it was inspiring to people. Lance inspired a lot of people to get out and get on bikes. Now that's gone and the sport will go back into further obscurity than it was before the Lance effect.

This a thousand times. Just like Pete Rose...you can put an astrix next to a record,but nobody gives a shit. Anyone who cares knows what he did.

All I can say is Jason must be really tied up now that he has a woman, because he would be all over this topic!

He can't type as he is having to use both hands to masturbate the raging boner he has right now... :bj: