The new Sir Mix-a-Lot song Carz is up!

TommyJames

In the context of making a song about cars that's gonna be good lyrically, it would be very hard to mate it to a high charting commercial release.

It's nice to see it done for record. Jay Z, Nas, Eminem, TI, Ludacris, 50 Cent etc. wouldn't be able to make a worthy song lyrics wise in this department. ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't the same be said about positive posts like "cool" and "nice car" type of stuff? If you are only getting one sided answers, not sure there is much value there. Just conversating... :icon_mrgreen:

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that praise has the same value here as criticism?

I think criticism is fine but not here when you are trying to welcome a new member. I am sure he will get plenty of real world reviews on his own and is not looking to come to a new car forum with a bunch of tools telling him how bad his new song sucks ass. Just like someone else said, treat it like you are meeting the guy in person.

I like his flow in this song, harder to pull off with the beat breaking so much.. kudos and props, great production on the video and funny lyrics.

Thanks for getting it done Tom and Mix

a lot longer than expected.

haven't heard the audio version, it is pretty repetitive after 3:32 but still all good.

nonetheless good work :) already 100,000+ view's in only one day.

Baby got Back was and is GENIOUS... I sing it to my wife constantly to keep her in line!

Haha. I remember being 13 and calling into the radio station to play this song. That song was awesome.

I think criticism is fine but not here when you are trying to welcome a new member. I am sure he will get plenty of real world reviews on his own and is not looking to come to a new car forum with a bunch of tools telling him how bad his new song sucks ass. Just like someone else said, treat it like you are meeting the guy in person.

It's one thing criticisising a set of wheels or someone car mods, we are all car guys here, when we see good mods done to a car we're quite unanamous with our appreciation, we all know good mods, we all know bad mods.

Now Sir Mix-A-Lot was invited on here and we were shown a track and a music video of his. This is not a music production forum. Any critisisim is basically completely unfounded and only based on someones trivial music tastes.

Constructive criticism can only come from experienced people who understand correctly the context.

It's one thing criticisising a set of wheels or someone car mods, we are all car guys here, when we see good mods done to a car we're quite unanamous with our appreciation, we all know good mods, we all know bad mods.

Now Sir Mix-A-Lot was invited on here and we were shown a track and a music video of his. This is not a music production forum. Any critisisim is basically completely unfounded and only based on someones trivial music tastes.

Constructive criticism can only come from experienced people who understand correctly the context.

Great post!

"Carz" has already been viewed over 134k times on YouTube and it's been just over 28 hours since it went live. If you look at the stats under the video, it's #1 for the day in multiple world markets and it's still catching fire. That's rare for anything but a major news event.

The more I listen/watch, the better it gets. Props to Mix.

I still want to know how the hell they came up with Buttermilk Biscuits and Square Dance Rap.

Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

The song may not be the best, but will still get plenty of hits due to the nature of the video.

Another, not so special song, but great video with 20 million hits in less than a year:

Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

The song may not be the best, but will still get plenty of hits due to the nature of the video.

Another, not so special song, but great video with 20 million hits in less than a year:

that's something totally different, you have no idea what will happen in the OK GO song :)

How is it doing on itunes Tommy?

that's something totally different, you have no idea what will happen in the OK GO song :)

How is it doing on itunes Tommy?

Yea I know, point is people will watch the video on youtube but that will not necessarily mean it will sell well.

+1 on how the itunes sales are going? :icon_thumleft:

Yea I know, point is people will watch the video on youtube but that will not necessarily mean it will sell well.

+1 on how the itunes sales are going? :icon_thumleft:

From what I understand it's doing well, but I don't have hard numbers on that. They don't report the same way. He typically doesn't know for eight weeks and all he can do is watch the ranking in popularity as some idea of how he's doing.

I love the video! And, as a gearhead, I like the incorporation of the vehicles' noises into the music. Truly has to be a car guy if he considered that.

This is the 21st century hip-hop version of "Cars" by Gary Neuman (sp?). And, to be honest, I see Sir Mix-A-Lot's song, Carz, being featured in one of the next motorsport video games.

Bring him here! He's a gearhead! I'd love to hear about his experience with the other owners, and their vehicles while making his video. The vehicle was very Lambo-centric. Does he have a strong affinity to the Lambo versus their competitors?

I love the video! And, as a gearhead, I like the incorporation of the vehicles' noises into the music. Truly has to be a car guy if he considered that.

This is the 21st century hip-hop version of "Cars" by Gary Neuman (sp?). And, to be honest, I see Sir Mix-A-Lot's song, Carz, being featured in one of the next motorsport video games.

Bring him here! He's a gearhead! I'd love to hear about his experience with the other owners, and their vehicles while making his video. The vehicle was very Lambo-centric. Does he have a strong affinity to the Lambo versus their competitors?

He was/is on here...Guess you missed this thread.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52654

And yeah, with about 900k YouTube views; I'd say the video is doing well.

As a person who listens almost strictly hip hop i can't say it is the best song I've ever heard.... but as a song about cars? I've never before heard a rap song where the artist seemed to know as much or genuinely care as much about the cars he is talking about. Also, he really seems like he's having a GOOD TIME with the song and it really is fun for what it is. I gotta give HUGE props to mix for making the song and conceptually I LOVE the song.

:icon_thumleft: someone got it!!

as for the rest of you...it's clearly just LP with its own version of a "warm welcome".

In only five days as of about 1:00 PM today.

I saw a thread on about it on another car forum and everyone there was digging the lyrics. Also I talked to a girl who's not into cars at all who totally loves the song.

I wonder if fast and furious 5 or another car movie will soundtrack it.