What's your pocket knife? What ya suggest to go with?

xilop

I've had my old SOG Flash II for 5+ years, It's a fantastic knife, clips easily into my pocket and is functional immediately after drawing. But it was out of work the other day. Now I have to move on to a new one. I've just looked into a new knife. Is it nice one to go with? Will I be disappointed? Any other options?

I'm sure there are plenty of other pocket knife peeps out there, what do you carry and why?

This may be a spammer but on the topic. I would have my dad make a custom one. His will look like this except he wont be useing the kit and actually make all the parts himself starting with a 1" piece of stainless steal. He makes amazing fixed blade knifes now but is now in the process of transitioning into folding knifes.

Spyderco Caly 3 Carbon. It is my favorite knife by far. Slim handle makes it perfect for clipping in your pocket. It is actually quite a bit lighter than my all stainless Spyderco that is the same size. You can pick one up on Amazon for not much more than $100.

Best topic started by a spammer..

I love my Benchmade 154CM. Perfect length, light, has a serrated portion on the blade.... I looked long and hard for a good pocket knife and this thing fit the bill perfectly if you want something utility but don't need a giant red-neck knife bulking up your pocket. Mine's styled slightly different than the pic below (mine has a metal, knurled handle) but I couldn't find an exact pic.

171059.jpg

Even pocket knives are illegal? I didn't think your country was THAT strict!

well now you know...but its a good thing..coz i don't wanna get stabbed by some random crazy fool. :icon_mrgreen:

I carry a wide variety of knives. Some are more exotic than others. My favorite is a victorinox explorer that I got in geneva when I was 10. Best knife ever.

Even pocket knives are illegal? I didn't think your country was THAT strict!

Illegal here as well. Knife as a work tool is obviously legal to carry.

I carry a wide variety of knives. Some are more exotic than others. My favorite is a victorinox explorer that I got in geneva when I was 10. Best knife ever.

may i ask...what do you actually use it for? (self defense??) when you say "Best knife ever" what does that mean? its sharp? its small? or?? lol...becos to me, all knife are the same..the good ones are the ones that are sharp..(sorry no knife expert here obviously lol)

may i ask...what do you actually use it for? (self defense??) when you say "Best knife ever" what does that mean? its sharp? its small? or?? lol...becos to me, all knife are the same..the good ones are the ones that are sharp..(sorry no knife expert here obviously lol)

I use it to cut things, Screw Things, Open Things, magnify things, pick things and Tweeze things.

Its the best knife ever because it can do all that and more.

well now you know...but its a good thing..coz i don't wanna get stabbed by some random crazy fool. :icon_mrgreen:

Because a crazy fool couldn't just as easily stab you with a steak knife, screwdriver, pen, etc ?

Because a crazy fool couldn't just as easily stab you with a steak knife, screwdriver, pen, etc ?

FWIW- I could fcuk a brother up with a sturdy pen....

FWIW- I could fcuk a brother up with a sturdy pen....

Ah yes, the Joe Pesci model of debate management. I like it.