The non-allan/ronin thread

TestShoot

Rain is gone for now. Christmas was great, It's amazing how much more holidays mean to you when you have a child. Addison is 2 1/2 now and to see her enjoy everything so much more this year was just amazing. It's great to see her excitment when opening christmas presents and seeing lights.

Beyond that, We are moving to Italy in 3 weeks for my work, and this coming year seems to have so much going for us that I am actually really excited about a new year for once. Tomorrow is my birthday, I unfortunately have to work, but I really can't complain because at least I can say I HAVE a job. There are many out there who don't and are struggling, and my prayers go out to them and their families that this coming year is good to them.

I hope everyones coming year is good to them and I am happy as always to be an LP member. Maybe one day I can join the ranks of owner.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First white xmas in Atlanta since 1882. Must really say global warming is heating things up.

in 2012 (probably more like 2022) may be south freezes and north gets totally destroyed? seems like every year is worse and worse.

Spent christmas with my family, relaxing till NYE and then will start full of energy into 2011.

Life is good, weather sucks.

Well, if you're asking...... Lost my job, -$13 in chequing, my car broke down, the girl I was chasing started dating some one else, I'm living in my parents basement and I spent Christmas alone. But hey, things could be worse.

YEAH.... But youre a week away from winning the Ghoul Pool....

Guest Rob Burgundy

Sorry to be the thread downer. I had my close friend/sons god father and his wife take there lives in a double suicide this weekend. We found out Saturday night at midnight. We filed a missing persons report on Thursday night. He had told his daughter and other children they were leaving and not returning and they told one daughter him and his wife had a suicide pact. I tried reassuring everyone they needed time to cool off and would be ok because they had taken there dog and jewelry and money and packed bags and I didn't think someone in that mental state would be taking possessions with them if they intended to end there life. I have a lot of guilt because of that but I also realize I'm not responsible for this and have done everything I could have. The cause of this was he was a wealthy reastruant owner who had founded and operated one of utahs most famous and well know restaurants for 40 years. He had a on going lawsuit that was taking everything they had built and the pressure had obviously overwhelmed him and his wife where they saw no other way out. I say there is always another way but I can't begin to know for one minute how he must have felt being in his shoes. It's been such a awful Christmas weekend for our family and friends worried sick over them and then finally getting conformation as to what happened. Life is precious my friends,I'm in tears as I write this thinking about how selfish an act this is and how a person could inflict such pain in so many others without caring. I could never fathom the thought to bring this pain into my sons life as now it is in his children's. There grown but the hurt is the same..hug the ones you love and if you feel someone needs love,help,a ear to talk to or a shoulder to cry on be there for them.

I see everyone is complaining about the weather maybe the tree huggers are right after all :icon_mrgreen:

No complaints here, 65 Degrees and not a cloud in the sky. :icon_thumleft:

EDIT>> (Didn't see your post when I responded to the weather.)

Sorry Rob to hear of your loss. That is truly tragic on what is supposed to be such a joyous time of the year for all families. My thoughts and wishes go out to you and your family during such a difficult time. Stay strong in the moments when others aren't....

Guest Rob Burgundy
No complaints here, 65 Degrees and not a cloud in the sky. :icon_thumleft:

EDIT>> (Didn't see your post when I responded to the weather.)

Sorry Rob to hear of your loss. That is truly tragic on what is supposed to be such a joyous time of the year for all families. My thoughts and wishes go out to you and your family during such a difficult time. Stay strong in the moments when others aren't....

Thanks Swil. I've told myself that if everyone else is falling apart I'll be the rock for them to hang too. I'm over the shock and "why's" and now I'm looking for the best way to keep everyone moving forward.

I'l admit it, Itarted this thread with hopes to get to 200 posts so I could post in other sub-forums, but alas, I am lazy and every time I have a salvo of hot girls to post, I blow my wad in one post.

weather is fine..it was raining everyday for the past few weeks, but looks like it didn't rain today..i hope it stops so i can finally wash my car and drive it around clean!

family is doing fine aswell...my car on the other hand has some problems after i lowered it..i can't do full lock turns and when driving the wheels keeps rubbing against the fenders..need to fix that soon..

hate my job..hate my pay..

didn't celebrate Christmas at all..looking forward to new year..although i don't think anything will be going on aswell..

Life's alrite, wish it could be better. Everyday as human we are dying, but we just procastinate sometimes (not join events or not work hard enough).

Wish everyone a great new years. Hopefully 2011 will be my year.

so, why put up with it?

because i am in army and everyone has to go thru it..good way to waste 2years of life.

i would PAY them to fire me if that works.

tell ya what, I'll make that $25, go get yourself a beer and be thankful for the friends you did not know you had until now.

I will take that $25.

In fact, let's do a little experiment/exercise.

How about everyone on LP paypals me any amount of money they can afford. $5, $25, $50....whatever.

I will keep a running tally and after a week or so, I will let everyone know how much money we raised. The money will then be donated to a local company to help those in need (will be donated to the local tire store in exchange for some snow tires for my car).

We could be saving hundreds of lives with that one gesture.