Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

Decent points x_ghost_x.

Bad comparo on the F50 though, can't match ultra-low production appreciation with mass-production depreciation. Also being far too short-sighted on the Gallardo for a lengthy debate, but lets just say that until the 458 arrived it had no real competition. Even the F430S couldn't be considered as it's too hardcore for the mass segment that buys a base 430 or G-car.

I do agree on the MP4, but feel you're overly-dismissing too much of the LP700's tech as old or even obsolete despite it being pretty competitive versus all but an extremely limited group of cars.

I keep going back to the carbon tub, Haldex AWD/diffs, and Ohlin dampers/suspension, as all three are WORLDS ahead of the SV.

WORLDS.

And the SV actually turned in some eyebrow-raising fast lap times in the few tests it was measured in, dramatically so over the LP640. The LP700 is likely even better in that regard, with more feel, better acceleration, more mechanical grip, etc.

But I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about the car, others feel similarly (albeit a minority).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks killer, can't wait to see the rear and interior. My biggest gripes are the Gallardo pillar/mirror elements and the wheels (which suck absolute balls).

I forget which magazine but I recently read an article comparing many types of transmissions being developed today. It sounded like double clutch transmissions are going to go the way of the HD DVD because of recent innovations that allow performance and speed of double clutch in a more traditional package.

I forget which magazine but I recently read an article comparing many types of transmissions being developed today. It sounded like double clutch transmissions are going to go the way of the HD DVD because of recent innovations that allow performance and speed of double clutch in a more traditional package.

Welcome to 2009. :icon_mrgreen:

Lambo's response is some BS about their owners wanting more "feel" but in reality this is a $$$ decision to keep the warmed over e-gear ISR unit in the LP700.

Whatever replaces dual-clutch someday certainly WON'T be the old-school ISR unit. :icon_thumleft:

People are showing their lack approval with their pocket book. Here is another person in Ghost who has canceled an order.

Just not a good showing.

However, I will do what I said, and not give my judgment until i have driven it and seen it in black.

People are showing their lack approval with their pocket book. Here is another person in Ghost who has canceled an order.

Just not a good showing.

However, I will do what I said, and not give my judgment until i have driven it and seen it in black.

Too easy to jump to that conclusion, people cancel at every launch...you're in the biz I don't need to tell you.

I doubt any of their mainstream clueless buyers (which make up 90%+ of their annual sales) are disappointed in any way by this car...if anything the factory is clearly pandering to that more limited-knowledge buyer by not sweating the lack of exotic tech versus some competition.

Looks like its missing something, needs that little bit more maybe from all the spy shots and test mule shots, secrecy bla bla etc etc. I think the problem people have with the new car comes from the fact that Lambo released the Reventon which the new car has taken many styling ques from. If they didn't make them and went from LP640 to this I don't think people would have "negative" or "indifferent" opinions, most would have been in awe. However it was evidently clear that Lambo had a design for the new car in mind when they decided to release the Reventon and for that it was a good marketing decision to see how far they could stretch their concepts/designs for the LP700. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked Reventon owners for input.

They should have left Reventon as a concept much like they have left the Estoque, as both of these gave away too much in regards to the direction that the company looks to follow for its new cycle and because of this they I don't think they will be doing much for the G replacement, which imo can only go two ways now, either totally mental with crazy angular design setting the new "standard" for the segment or very tame/refresh look. And judging by the LP700 I'm inclined to go with the later.

I think we wanted to point out the same thing. I 100% agree. They took the second choice and diluted the wild styling a bit. Not too bad, just a bit diluted IMO. The Sesto Elemento is maybe something in between.

I have a feeling that Lambo made a mistake with the Reventon release timing. They made a pretty good step forward in styling there, and they should've waited and released that design for the M successor, with some modifications. This way they've diluted the effect of the styling. Anyway, I think the A looks pretty good.

Hmm,Did he see it,Do you really think he would cancel it if he did Hmm.Be very afraid of someone who puts the X on somthing before its real debute!or before you drive it.

Hmm,Did he see it,Do you really think he would cancel it if he did Hmm.Be very afraid of someone who puts the X on somthing before its real debute!or before you drive it.

:lol2:

For sure. But I'm giving our new friend "ghost" the benefit of the doubt just for our discussion and debate to be moved forward.

Besides, I can just see Allan with a pad and paper at home "marking" all of the "lost sales" of the LP700... :icon_mrgreen:

In reality their average customer doesn't even know what the fcuk a dual-clutch transmission IS.

They want the car because it's the new thing, with the right label on it to impress the valet at the club (either golf club if they're older, or dance club if they're younger), and to draw eyeballs.

That's about it. That group will have no problem with the LP700 and the numbers will be fine on it provided the factory doesn't screw up as usual and flood the dealernet with excess product.

:lol2:

For sure. But I'm giving our new friend "ghost" the benefit of the doubt just for our discussion and debate to be moved forward.

Besides, I can just see Allan with a pad and paper at home "marking" all of the "lost sales" of the LP700... :icon_mrgreen:

In reality their average customer doesn't even know what the fcuk a dual-clutch transmission IS.

They want the car because it's the new thing, with the right label on it to impress the valet at the club (either golf club if they're older, or dance club if they're younger), and to draw eyeballs.

That's about it. That group will have no problem with the LP700 and the numbers will be fine on it provided the factory doesn't screw up as usual and flood the dealernet with excess product.

:iamwithstupid:

All this discussion is debating the merits on how much some of us would enjoy this car versus the competition.....Lambo is not in any risk of collapsing. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

All this discussion is debating the merits on how much some of us would enjoy this car versus the competition.....Lambo is not in any risk of collapsing. :icon_thumleft:

I don't go crazy on the topic because our owners don't deserve the ridicule, but let's be honest here...the Murcie hasn't been anywhere NEAR the top of the ladder for tech, performance, feel, or anything else, for several years.

And it still did fine in terms of numbers.

That tells you what the factory always says, which is that the vast majority of their NEW buyers (emphasis on NEW) own all the cars they want.

They're not sweating the MP4 or 458...because they'll just buy those too.

Lambo's PR team has told us over and over and over that their average new-car client owns at LEAST one other Lambo and one other similarly-priced model from Ferrari/Porsche/miscellaneous.

So the woefully misguided doom and gloom campaign being run by those who want to overthrow Lambo's leadership are likely going to have to find a new platform to run on...because the LP700 will be all over the Middle East, all over Palm Beach, all over LA, and all over the same places exotic cars always are.

And they'll be moving at 5mph for the majority of their lifetime in those owners' hands just like they have forever. :icon_mrgreen:

the LP700 will be all over the Middle East, all over Palm Beach, all over LA, and all over the same places exotic cars always are.

And they'll be moving at 5mph for the majority of their lifetime in those owners' hands just like they have forever. :icon_mrgreen:

+1 So true.

Lambo pretty much nailed it.

As others have mentioned the door mirror treatment looks strange but also the bulge before the front wheel arch seems a bit too large. A straighter line from the top of the wheel arch to the front bar would look much nicer and agressive. Actually both of these areas are very Gallardo.

I think pics from other angles and seeing the car in the flesh these areas will pale into insignificance, the side on view pic is taken from on the ground, a view you will hardly ever see the car at.

I was not a fan of the huge side air scoops when I first saw pics of the early mule but it all makes sense now :)

Very impressise and it looks to be well and truly a worthy sucessor. It looks a million times better now than in that first front/top view!

anytime a car manufacturer says DNA, it can only mean one thing... it means that it will be an evolutionary design more than anything. Lamborghini of yesterday never indicated dna. It was always based on hey we got the chassis, now design the body over it... It was not til Chrysler that even the diablo evolved from the ct. But fortunately, gandini's involvement with the diablo pushed it to be different enough to hold its own. Nowadays, manufacturers are too scared to go out on the limb design wise. The only guy we know is Pagani, and even though I might not completely with his latest and greatest, at least I give him props that he was ballsy enough to do a fairly different design... Face it guys, this is what any manufacturer will be doing. Kind of like movies where they stick the same formula in terms of theme and plot etc over and over again... Because who wants to bet a couple of hundred million dollars to be different and face angry shareholders and investors?

On the other hand, the aventador has made leaps and bounds in terms of technology. This is one of the first few production (not limited) carbon tub cars on the market. Comparing to mclaren's mp tub, the CF is better on the Lambo simply because it is not injected in like the Mclaren. Sure, an average consumer wouldnt know chopped CF from weaved CF laid and compressed, but the fact is that the lambo chassis is more labor intensive, and overall better than the mclaren's injection method... Im sure later SV versions of this car might even have sections of bare CF to lose alot of the weight... Hence I believe the platform has LOTS of potential... Just look at that chassis photo, compare the interior when you see it, and you will know there was alot of items that put the weight of the car up there... I personally wouldnt mind just having the bare CF showing, bolting CF seats and maybe even a more spartan dash with some light weight alcantara material... that would lower the weight tremendously....

. I've here the collors, press "brochure" picture, but, I'm not difuse yet, later after press day I'll add the pictures (I'm receive of one good lambofriend)...

It is

22dfa41010.jpg

I previously had this car on order, but just now had cancelled it. The car looks like an upgraded gallardo. The car supposedly is using new technology however from what I can tell the "ISG" gearbox is their excuse of not using a dual clutch gearbox. Understandable that they would have some issues with using a dual clutch gearbox with a car that has 700 bhp. However coming from VW group, who had practice developing the gearbox for the incredibly insane powerhouse engine for the Bugatti Veyron. They could have easily asked for some help.

The other thing is that they said that they were using push-rod suspension and a new carbon fiber monocoque chasis, however this seemingly new technology was developed over a decade ago, the car that many people call engineering perfection, was the Mclaren F1. Even FERRARI had developed this a while ago in the F50 with the push rod suspension and the F40 with the carbon fiber monocoque chasis. This car just seems like a jumped up F50 now to think about it, yet it is a depreciating asset while the F50 will increase in value over time even if you do drive it occasionally. Look at the Carrera GT, they used push rod suspensions and as well as a carbon fiber monocoque, but the car did supply something "new" the car used a race derived V10 with a carbon ceramic clutch (or silicon carbide). This was brand new technology for a car.

Honestly this car is insulting for those who were looking forward to owning the new murcielago replacement. It feels like they are playing us like a bunch of morons thinking that we do not know our cars and couldnt tell the difference between wrench and a screw driver... It also feels they are trying to play the market for those who do not know absolutely anything about cars and rather buy the car as a tool to promote their self image. Hell maybe if we dyno it the car may just make 500 hp, yet they can convince the masses that the car makes 700 hp if they market it to the DOLTS who are willing to spend 450k dollars on a car that is relatively old for how new it should be.

Now look at the MP4-12C, this car is something that you should be looking forward to. Carbon fiber moncoque chasis that is HOLLOW to save more weight and still being able to offer the same amount of structual rigidity of a normal solid carbon fiber chasis. It uses a dual clutch gearbox that is mounted to a TT V8 which will be fantastic for those who want to add more power or just simply to mod the car to their liking. It doesnt even use a sway bar anymore...instead it uses a hydraulically controlled anti roll bar instead and from what it sounds like will offer the handling of a racecar while still being able to keep the characteristics of a normal road car.

seriously lambo, you have to step up your game, Ferrari, Porsche, and Mclaren are leaving you in the dust...

now to vent on the gallardo...

The gallardo is god awful for what it should be. Lambo should have killed off the car 5 years ago. The car is almost a decade old now yet there are more special editions of the car than how old it is.... Let's name off all of the special editions and models of the cars now

Gallardo 5.0l

Gallardo SE

Gallardo 5.2l

Gallardo Nera

Gallardo Spyder

Gallardo Superleggera

Gallardo Lp 560-4 (yes this is a VARIANT of a gallardo not some damn new car that people tend to think it is...)

Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni

Gallardo Lp 560-4 Spyder

Gallardo LP 570-4 superleggera ( for those who bought this car i feel very sorry for you, because the horsepower difference comes by the means of the exhaust...)

Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante...

Gallardo LP 550-2 variant of the regular car not the Balboni...

Gallardo LP 560 Singapore edition...seriously what the hell is going on now....

Gallardo LP 560-4 Bicolore

those who have bought a gallardo i recommend try giving it to someone because you are not going to get shit for your car if lambo keeps going this way.

Can I ask what dealer? If it is an early delivary car I would like to see if I could take the order over.

I personally think it is a huge dissapointment... Looks best in white inmo. Its a Murci restyle inmo, and not in a good way.

lol...your nuts!

Lamborghini-Aventador-leak2-01.jpg

this crushes the 458 and MP4...not even close.

Looking forward to seeing it in that grigio estoque color, especially if the stock wheels are black as they appear to be so far.

Just not a good showing.

I spoke with 2 people today who cancelled their order... 1 is member of this board..

anyone mind photoshopping the LP640 Hermera wheels onto the LP700 I'm sure they can be custom made into 19 and 20 inches... my favorite wheels bar none OEM or aftermarket

This is a quote:

Humans have something “akin to brain damage,” says Ritholtz. “To neurophysiologists, who research cognitive functions, the emotionally driven appear to suffer from cognitive deficits that mimic certain types of brain injuries. … Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict.”

Sound like any of you panjandrums???

anyone mind photoshopping the LP640 Hermera wheels onto the LP700 I'm sure they can be custom made into 19 and 20 inches... my favorite wheels bar none OEM or aftermarket

here ya go.... i dont think it looks too good... makes it look more gallardoish...

lamborghini_aventador_opt_1.jpg

Yeah, no more photoshop/wheel or mirror requests, that is highly lame unless it's aftermarket available.

No one is spending $10k to have the factory "custom make 20-inch Hermeras". :eusa_wall:

And the car is what it is, no amount of fantasy-land reimagining is going to occur, either you like it or you don't.