Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

When will we be able to see real world tests? Does anyone know? Will the magazines get their paws on one before customers do?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will we be able to see real world tests? Does anyone know? Will the magazines get their paws on one before customers do?

I believe they said the initial press cars are going to journos for "first drive" pieces in April, it's in this long beast of a thread somewhere. :eusa_dance:

I believe they said the initial press cars are going to journos for "first drive" pieces in April, it's in this long beast of a thread somewhere. :eusa_dance:

I am dying to see the tests and hear what journos think about the car, tranny etc, there is so much negativity about this car on LP I am confident all that will go away sometimes in April :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_super:

as pointed out, the power:weight, though important, isnt the deciding factor, especially when speeds increases and the role of power takes the priority.

one thing I think that needs to be faced with speculation is Mclaren's claimed times for the car. one thing I find odd is the 0-124 mph time with the corresponding 1/4 mile time. Mclaren says that the car will do 0-124 mph in 8.9 and 0-134 mph in 10.9 (in the 1/4 mile), a difference of 2 seconds. now, I may be splitting hairs, as you have said, but I took a look at the Road and Track test of the 458 and LP570 and they two cars do 120-130 mph in ~1.5 seconds. now I know we are talking about a higher speed increment, but to me this doesn't really make sense, if the MP4 is to be significantly quicker than both cars. I dont think independant tests will line up with Mclaren's claims, even if they do indeed show that it is quicker than both the 458 and Lp570.

edit 1:and an important disclaimer to note of the mclaren's website: "All figures apply to a European specification MP4-12C" ;)

edit 2: also, looking at the dry weight of the cars, pending options, both cars have 4.9 lbs/PS. so no different in power to weight ratio.

edit 3: (I promise Ill stop here :P ) Mclaren claims a 1 km time of 19.6 @ 272 km/h while the LP670 has been tested to do it in 19.7 @ 268 km/h. quicker for sure, but im sure the LP700 will prevail.

Speed is a funny thing.. As an example.. In my Porsche I went 0-100 in 8.7 sec bone stock.. After mods, Im down to 7.3.. A 1.4 second difference... Yet that only translated to a 4/10 reduction in the 1/4 ..

I am dying to see the tests and hear what journos think about the car, tranny etc, there is so much negativity about this car on LP I am confident all that will go away sometimes in April :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis, I really don't think its negativity. Merely slight disappointment in it's VISUAL appearance. Gotta understand many of us had extremely high expectations for the marque we love... However, without a doubt, a car with 700hp, lighter than an SV with new tech (at least new for Lambo) :icon_mrgreen: is sure to perform fine. Will it drive better than a CGT feel wise? NO. More impressive braking than the McLaren, probably not; Have more visceral "soul" than a 458; hmmm probably will be debatable, and dependent on the Lambo diehard vs a CAR diehard. Will it be fast, hell yeah, faster than the rest that's out (0-60 in 2.8sec, top speed 218mph) track performance we shall see, will it be the most photographed car in a mixed parking lot full of exotics, sure. Problem is, the 640 still holds that crown today.... I wanted an Alien Spawned 20 years ahead of its time look. Don't get me wrong it is beautiful (the same way an LP640 roadster is beautiful), I'll probably have one LP700 in the next couple. But most of us were expecting MORE. BIG difference from negativity. :)

Swil how do you know all of those things about a car that you haven't seen in real live, touched, drive, heard any driving impressions from journalists etc

How do you know the following: the car will not "feel" better than a CGT brake better than the McLaren, have the 458 visceral soul ( :lol2: I don't even know what that means)

You are just assuming brother, you know in business assumption is the mother of all....... :icon_mrgreen:

It terms of looks and everything else the new car will make the Murcie look and feel very very dated, Murci is one of my favorite cars of all time, I would take one over 90% of the cars out there but lets face it it's a dinosaur, you can't compare the two?

Wait until you see one next to the Aventador, the new car looks crazy enough, remember you must be able to drive this car on the streets and not look like a tool, as it is some people stay away from these cars because they are too out there, you have to understand the attention you get when driving around, it gets tiresome fairly quickly.

I certainly think the design is extreme enough, if it isn't for you I am sure you will see some wild enough kits when it hits the streets, save your pennies because I can guarantee you will be in the market.

I've noticed the trend most of the guys that hate on the Gallardo hate on the Aventador, it is mostly because the AV has few design elements "borrowed" from the G, obviously there is a reason for that so all the G haters now come AV haters will have to deal with it :icon_mrgreen:

I wanted an Alien Spawned 20 years ahead of its time look.

I used those exact words when describing my perfect woman for my match.com dating profile.

Don't get me started on that path of disappointment.

Swil how do you know all of those things about a car that you haven't seen in real live, touched, drive, heard any driving impressions from journalists etc

How do you know the following: the car will not "feel" better than a CGT brake better than the McLaren, have the 458 visceral soul ( :lol2: I don't even know what that means)

You are just assuming brother, you know in business assumption is the mother of all....... :icon_mrgreen:

It terms of looks and everything else the new car will make the Murcie look and feel very very dated, Murci is one of my favorite cars of all time, I would take one over 90% of the cars out there but lets face it it's a dinosaur, you can't compare the two?

Wait until you see one next to the Aventador, the new car looks crazy enough, remember you must be able to drive this car on the streets and not look like a tool, as it is some people stay away from these cars because they are too out there, you have to understand the attention you get when driving around, it gets tiresome fairly quickly.

I certainly think the design is extreme enough, if it isn't for you I am sure you will see some wild enough kits when it hits the streets, save your pennies because I can guarantee you will be in the market.

I've noticed the trend most of the guys that hate on the Gallardo hate on the Aventador, it is mostly because the AV has few design elements "borrowed" from the G, obviously there is a reason for that so all the G haters now come AV haters will have to deal with it :icon_mrgreen:

OK, you're probably right, Ill save further judgment till seeing it and driving it.. Good point on the Gallardo hate. You know I've never been that bananas over the G. So I guess it's carrying over.

I used those exact words when describing my perfect woman for my match.com dating profile.

LOL. Nice.

Speed is a funny thing.. As an example.. In my Porsche I went 0-100 in 8.7 sec bone stock.. After mods, Im down to 7.3.. A 1.4 second difference... Yet that only translated to a 4/10 reduction in the 1/4 ..

I understand that, though im sure when you compare your old 911 to the "new" one the 4/10 second difference would mount to several car lengths. the point of my post was to point out that until we get independent tests of the Mclaren, no real comparison can be made (especially compared to getting VBOX data from owners).

though I think you make an important distinction...and thats the difference between comparison of change in velocities (ie 0-60 mph) and change in distance (ie 0-1/4 mile). a reduction of 1 second between two velocity increments doesnt mount to a reduction of 1 second when it comes to distance increments, just as you pointed out.

That would give you Paul (The Alien)........ in clothing from TRON........ with hair.......... That's just gross. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

is it just me or are the colors slightly different?

The difference is within the 'camera exposure and amount of light hitting the car' amount.

Fortis, I really don't think its negativity. Merely slight disappointment in it's VISUAL appearance. Gotta understand many of us had extremely high expectations for the marque we love... However, without a doubt, a car with 700hp, lighter than an SV with new tech (at least new for Lambo) :icon_mrgreen: is sure to perform fine. Will it drive better than a CGT feel wise? NO. More impressive braking than the McLaren, probably not; Have more visceral "soul" than a 458; hmmm probably will be debatable, and dependent on the Lambo diehard vs a CAR diehard. Will it be fast, hell yeah, faster than the rest that's out (0-60 in 2.8sec, top speed 218mph) track performance we shall see, will it be the most photographed car in a mixed parking lot full of exotics, sure. Problem is, the 640 still holds that crown today.... I wanted an Alien Spawned 20 years ahead of its time look. Don't get me wrong it is beautiful (the same way an LP640 roadster is beautiful), I'll probably have one LP700 in the next couple. But most of us were expecting MORE. BIG difference from negativity. :)

Well, that is kind of negative. This is Lambo's new halo car for the 21st century, the thing that will be at the head of their brand through 2022. In my opinion, I was very close to picking up an LP640, except relative to the G, it looks ancient, the interior looks like it's on the verge of falling apart, and that even if it stayed together, that wouldn't be much better. What I was looking for was something with the sharp lines of the G, a little lower, a little longer, a little faster, scissor doors, and a V12 and Lambo made it. Will it drive better than a CGT feel wise? Undoubtedly, the CGT is a classic, but it's old tech, and slow as hell compared to any modern car, and has dated looks. Will it have more impressive braking than the McLaren? Almost certainly a 700hp v12 will have epic brakes. If it feels like it takes longer to slow down, it'll only be because you were going faster. Will it have more soul than the 458? Have you ever DRIVEN a 458? The v12 Lambo will ooze soul while the 458 oozes synthetic. The Aventador will be a lion whereas the 458 feels more like an AIBO. People stuck thinking the LP640 looks better than the LP700 don't have better taste, just older taste. Ask the new generation what they'll have on a poster on their wall, and it will be the Aventador. The LP700 didn't disappoint the new generation, just the old one.

Well, that is kind of negative. This is Lambo's new halo car for the 21st century, the thing that will be at the head of their brand through 2022. In my opinion, I was very close to picking up an LP640, except relative to the G, it looks ancient, the interior looks like it's on the verge of falling apart, and that even if it stayed together, that wouldn't be much better. What I was looking for was something with the sharp lines of the G, a little lower, a little longer, a little faster, scissor doors, and a V12 and Lambo made it. Will it drive better than a CGT feel wise? Undoubtedly, the CGT is a classic, but it's old tech, and slow as hell compared to any modern car, and has dated looks. Will it have more impressive braking than the McLaren? Almost certainly a 700hp v12 will have epic brakes. If it feels like it takes longer to slow down, it'll only be because you were going faster. Will it have more soul than the 458? Have you ever DRIVEN a 458? The v12 Lambo will ooze soul while the 458 oozes synthetic. The Aventador will be a lion whereas the 458 feels more like an AIBO. People stuck thinking the LP640 looks better than the LP700 don't have better taste, just older taste. Ask the new generation what they'll have on a poster on their wall, and it will be the Aventador. The LP700 didn't disappoint the new generation, just the old one.

The carrera gt is slow ???! Compared to what ??? F-16 maybe

The carrera gt is slow ???! Compared to what ??? F-16 maybe

CGT does it in ~4s, and very few can do it in 4s nowadays. The list of 4s and lower cars is quite vast. Just to list a few, current and upcoming:

2012 C63 AMG

SLS AMG

McLaren MP4-12C

LP700

LP670

LP650

LP640

LP570

LP560

LP550

Original 2004 Gallardo

Original 2003 Murcielago

Ferrari FF

Ferrari 599

Ferrari 458

Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Ferrari 430

Porsche Turbo (S if you want humiliating numbers)

Porsche Panamera Turbo

Porsche GT2

Porsche GT3

Plastic mess-R1

Plastic mess-06

Audi R8 5.2

The list goes on, but 0-60 in 4 seconds isn't exactly fast anymore. Once you've got Mercedes' lowest end AMG model that will run you $70k brand new and well optioned pulling sub 3.9s runs all the while massaging your lower back from its in-seat massage capabilities, you know you aren't exactly talking "modern supercar status." Heck, the Panamera is a 4 door sedan and can go neck and neck with the CGT.

Realistically, starting MY2012, anything outside of 2s-3s flat for 0-60 times is going to be considered slow. LP700 will probably be able to do it in 2.7, new Lambo Cabrera in just around 3s flat, 458 does it in around 3s flat, maybe 3.1 but that was made before 2012.

CGT does it in ~4s, and very few can do it in 4s nowadays. The list of 4s and lower cars is quite vast. Just to list a few, current and upcoming:

2012 C63 AMG

SLS AMG

McLaren MP4-12C

LP700

LP670

LP650

LP640

LP570

LP560

LP550

Original 2004 Gallardo

Original 2003 Murcielago

Ferrari FF

Ferrari 599

Ferrari 458

Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Ferrari 430

Porsche Panamera Turbo

Porsche GT2

Porsche GT3

Plastic mess-R1

Plastic mess-06

Audi R8 5.2

The list goes on, but 0-60 in 4 seconds isn't exactly fast anymore. Once you've got Mercedes' lowest end AMG model that will run you $70k brand new and well optioned pulling sub 3.9s runs all the while massaging your lower back from its in-seat massage capabilities, you know you aren't exactly talking "modern supercar status." Heck, the Panamera is a 4 door sedan and can go neck and neck with the CGT.

Realistically, starting MY2012, anything outside of 2s-3s flat for 0-60 times is going to be considered slow. LP700 will probably be able to do it in 2.7, new Lambo Cabrera in just around 3s flat, 458 does it in around 3s flat, maybe 3.1 but that was made before 2012.

Umm, the CGT is traction limited and hard to launch, so its 0-60 is not really a good measure of how fast it is. It traps over 130mph in the quarter, very few production cars do that today. It did it like what? 8 years ago.

2012 C63 AMG

SLS AMG

McLaren MP4-12C

LP700

LP670

LP650

LP640

LP570

LP560

LP550

Original 2004 Gallardo

Original 2003 Murcielago

Ferrari FF

Ferrari 599

Ferrari 458

Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Ferrari 430

Porsche Panamera Turbo

Porsche GT2

Porsche GT3

Plastic mess-R1

Plastic mess-06

Audi R8 5.2

Oh right, and before, you mention that some press CGT could pull 0-60 times in 3.5s (I doubt any production CGT can do it in less than 4 now), realize that most of the list still holds true, and the ones that don't are ~8 years old and are still pretty darn close. Might as well throw in the the Nissan GT-R's (any of them) to the bunch as well.

If Nissan can pull 2.9s 0-60 times on the cheap, all future out and out sports cars are going to do around the same, if not better, as has been the case so far. This is a new generation.

Umm, the CGT is traction limited and hard to launch, so its 0-60 is not really a good measure of how fast it is. It traps over 130mph in the quarter, very few production cars do that today. It did it like what? 8 years ago.

Every car is traction limited. If you could get infinite traction, the gallardo's would be pulling 3s 0-60's.

And yeah, I get that you're giving it a handicap for being ancient. I'm not. That would be like saying "this toast tasted great a year ago, just because it's moldy now doesn't mean it isn't still good"

Every car is traction limited. If you could get infinite traction, the gallardo's would be pulling 3s 0-60's.

And yeah, I get that you're giving it a handicap for being ancient. I'm not. That would be like saying "this toast tasted great a year ago, just because it's moldy now doesn't mean it isn't still good"

You are missing my point. It still is faster than almost every production car built today. And faster than most of the cars on your list. 0-60 isnt everything.

You are missing my point. It still is faster than almost every production car built today. And faster than most of the cars on your list. 0-60 isnt everything.

From a roll the CGT is still very fast... From a roll it will destroy most anything..

Gallardos are pulling 3sec 0-60s...

I understand that, though im sure when you compare your old 911 to the "new" one the 4/10 second difference would mount to several car lengths. the point of my post was to point out that until we get independent tests of the Mclaren, no real comparison can be made (especially compared to getting VBOX data from owners).

though I think you make an important distinction...and thats the difference between comparison of change in velocities (ie 0-60 mph) and change in distance (ie 0-1/4 mile). a reduction of 1 second between two velocity increments doesnt mount to a reduction of 1 second when it comes to distance increments, just as you pointed out.

I look at it differently, even if the Mclaren is slower than the Lp700, due to the way its built, I know that with a few minimum mods it will obliterate the Lp700. Thats what I like about it.. But If I had to bet the Mclaren will be faster than the lp700 stock for stock too..

60-130 isn't everything either. Depends on whether you're talking track or street, which track and which street, RWD vs AWD depends on the surface, the weather, sure all cars are better in particular scenarios. Actual yield depends on the driver. CGT is a great car, a true super car in its day, but most sports cars you can buy today can, at the very least, give it a run for its money in most scenarios.

I look at it differently, even if the Mclaren is slower than the Lp700, due to the way its built, I know that with a few minimum mods it will obliterate the Lp700. Thats what I like about it.. But If I had to bet the Mclaren will be faster than the lp700 stock for stock too..

I doubt the McLaren will be faster than the LP700 stock for stock. And if you're going to throw mods on the McLaren, then to be fair, throw some turbos on the LP700.

Personally I don't bother comparing turbo cars to non-turbo, otherwise we'd just toss the Turbo S out there and let it eat everything alive, including the McLaren.