Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the McLaren will be faster than the LP700 stock for stock. And if you're going to throw mods on the McLaren, then to be fair, throw some turbos on the LP700.

Personally I don't bother comparing turbo cars to non-turbo, otherwise we'd just toss the Turbo S out there and let it eat everything alive, including the McLaren.

We are talking a couple grand in mods on the Mclaren, while youd need to throw 50K at the Aventador..

Well yeah, but G TT's could probably do 2 second runs with infinite traction:P

Some GTTs have already been clocked in the 2 sec range..

60-130 isn't everything either. Depends on whether you're talking track or street, which track and which street, RWD vs AWD depends on the surface, the weather, sure all cars are better in particular scenarios. Actual yield depends on the driver. CGT is a great car, a true super car in its day, but most sports cars you can buy today can, at the very least, give it a run for its money in most scenarios.

I never said anything about 60-130, I am not sure why you are continuing to beat this to death....anyone who looks at just the 0-60mph when comparing cars, is well, a Newbie.

But.... The bottom line is, I am correct when I say, the CGT is still faster than almost all production cars made today, mostly every car on your list, and a car having a faster 0-60mph time doesnt mean a car is faster. I dont even like the CGT, wouldnt own one, but I know its faster than a Pamamera Turbo, lol.

And.... Anyone who lists a bunch of really slow cars and says they are faster than the CGT doesnt really know what they are talking about.

And.... Saying you dont compare cars that have turbos to cars that dont have turbos......well I think you just proved my above point.

Next subject....

I never said anything about 60-130, I am not sure why you are continuing to beat this to death....anyone who looks at just the 0-60mph when comparing cars, is well, a Newbie.

But.... The bottom line is, I am correct when I say, the CGT is still faster than almost all production cars made today, mostly every car on your list, and a car having a faster 0-60mph time doesnt mean a car is faster. I dont even like the CGT, wouldnt own one, but I know its faster than a Pamamera Turbo, lol.

And.... Anyone who lists a bunch of really slow cars and says they are faster than the CGT doesnt really know what they are talking about.

And.... Saying you dont compare cars that have turbos to cars that dont have turbos......well I think you just proved my above point.

Next subject....

:iamwithstupid: X 1000.

Fast can also mean going around a corner at the highest speed possible, believe it or not. Even braking can be a criteria for deciding which car is faster.

I'd remove at least 90% of the cars on that list.

Next subject....

:iamwithstupid:

I look at it differently, even if the Mclaren is slower than the Lp700, due to the way its built, I know that with a few minimum mods it will obliterate the Lp700. Thats what I like about it.. But If I had to bet the Mclaren will be faster than the lp700 stock for stock too..

fair enough, but when it comes to modding, wouldnt a GTR still be better? mainly because of the awd and traction?

60-130 isn't everything either. Depends on whether you're talking track or street, which track and which street, RWD vs AWD depends on the surface, the weather, sure all cars are better in particular scenarios. Actual yield depends on the driver. CGT is a great car, a true super car in its day, but most sports cars you can buy today can, at the very least, give it a run for its money in most scenarios.

:eusa_wall:

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Guest Rob Burgundy

JESUS. 13 Post and an entire thread is turned to shit.

Well, that is kind of negative. This is Lambo's new halo car for the 21st century, the thing that will be at the head of their brand through 2022. In my opinion, I was very close to picking up an LP640, except relative to the G, it looks ancient, the interior looks like it's on the verge of falling apart, and that even if it stayed together, that wouldn't be much better. What I was looking for was something with the sharp lines of the G, a little lower, a little longer, a little faster, scissor doors, and a V12 and Lambo made it. Will it drive better than a CGT feel wise? Undoubtedly, the CGT is a classic, but it's old tech, and slow as hell compared to any modern car, and has dated looks. Will it have more impressive braking than the McLaren? Almost certainly a 700hp v12 will have epic brakes. If it feels like it takes longer to slow down, it'll only be because you were going faster. Will it have more soul than the 458? Have you ever DRIVEN a 458? The v12 Lambo will ooze soul while the 458 oozes synthetic. The Aventador will be a lion whereas the 458 feels more like an AIBO. People stuck thinking the LP640 looks better than the LP700 don't have better taste, just older taste. Ask the new generation what they'll have on a poster on their wall, and it will be the Aventador. The LP700 didn't disappoint the new generation, just the old one.

CGT is slow as hell :lol2: Old Tech??!!! You sound like one of those kids that write in the youtube response boxes about what car is faster than another based on what Road and Track tells you... The CGT may have been made 7-8 years ago, but EVERY exotic car made today is JUST starting to use the composites and mechanical materials set-up that are on the CGT. Do your research first.

Shall I go down a short list:

Aventador - Carbon Fiber Tub (first time ever for Lamborghini)

CGT - Check

Aventador - Push Rod Suspension (first time ever for Lamborghini)

CGT - Check

Aventador - Carbon Ceramic Brakes standard (first time ever for Lamborghini as a non-option)

CGT - Carbon Ceramic Brakes standard

Shall I go further? You have no idea how off you are. Old Tech. :lol2:

WRONG. You don't know what you're talking about. Track.... street... doesn't matter, the CGT is a true super car ANY DAY. What other scenarios would you be referring to? Reverse gear top speed?

Next subject....

:iamwithstupid:

HAI GUYS I THINK WE SHOULD BE USING 0-30 FOR SUPERCAR COMPARISONS, WHO'S WITH ME

COOOOOOOLLLLL :eusa_dance:

HAI GUYS I THINK WE SHOULD BE USING 0-30 FOR SUPERCAR COMPARISONS, WHO'S WITH ME

no man thats WAY too fast, 0-6 mph is good, cuz then a Prius could seemingly keep up with an Enzo :icon_mrgreen:

no man thats WAY too fast, 0-6 mph is good, cuz then a Prius could seemingly keep up with an Enzo :icon_mrgreen:

No, no, no!!! You don't know how to compare car performance. You should start with max speed on a REVERSE gear.

Not digging the orange/red color, but I can't wait to see the new grey color. The sample someone showed in this thread is stunning.

I used those exact words when describing my perfect woman for my match.com dating profile.

Don't get me started on that path of disappointment.

Pay for it.....it's cheaper!!