pneumonia sucks

Roman

why does it feel like somebody snaked barbed wire through my nose and down my fcuking throat?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you get drugs yet? I felt like crap for two weeks, then went to the doctor, got some drugs, and almost imminently started feeling better.

It'll be an infected eustation tube. V painful, great bloody bogies (boogers?) though. A quick does of antibiotics and you'll be right as rain again.

It'll be an infected eustation tube. V painful, great bloody bogies (boogers?) though. A quick does of antibiotics and you'll be right as rain again.

Yep. Bloody snot the consistency of airsoft pellets.

I've got a dose of moxy I keep on hand. I'm going to have to go to that well. Haven't slept in over 48 hours. Not a wink.

I've got a dose of moxy I keep on hand. I'm going to have to go to that well. Haven't slept in over 48 hours. Not a wink.

Hope you feel better ...... You talking about this old New England favorite ??

post-251-1298413554_thumb.jpg

Hope you feel better ...... You talking about this old New England favorite ??

Thanx. No. Amoxicilin

Better take care of it. I let one go years ago and my whole head swelled up and I ended up having emergency surgery to roto-rooter my sinuses. The best part was they used these as surgical dressing. Boy was that fun when they pulled them out. :shock: BTW, around the same time a local HS football coach lost his eye when he let it go too long and the infection spread to his eye. Sinus infections are no joke.

OB.jpg

I highly recommend neti pot or sinus rinses if you deal with frequent sinus infections.

+1!!!!!!!!! They are a life saver. Best $20 you'll ever spend if it's a constant issue.

I highly recommend neti pot or sinus rinses if you deal with frequent sinus infections.

I do neil med.... but I got lazy and started to not do it. My boy got sick last week and this voice in my head said "you better rinse your nose". I ignored that voice. :eusa_wall:

I just got over a nasty bout with a sinus infection. I had experienced one before, and it resolved itself, but this one kept hanging on, so after about 6 weeks I caved and went to the doc. To my surprise, I had nasal polyps blocking everything and the infection was the result. So not only was I given a bout of antibiotics, but I got a run of steroid tabs and flo-naz (steroid nasal spray) which he recommended me to stay on indefinitely to avoid a reoccurance. Fun. Felt like I had a bullet lodged above my left eyebrow.

Yes I agree.it has helped a lot i had surgery a couple years ago where they took cartlidge out of my ear to widen my nose plus roto rooter..didnt help and i cant hear out of my nose either

OMFG!!! I just snorted up a BALL of HARD bloddy snot the size of a ping pong ball.... WTF?!?!?!

OMFG!!! I just snorted up a BALL of HARD bloddy snot the size of a ping pong ball.... WTF?!?!?!

Is it weird that I regret not taking a photograph of this monstrosity? This fcuking thing should have its own wing at the Smithsonian.

Is it weird that I regret not taking a photograph of this monstrosity? This fcuking thing should have its own wing at the Smithsonian.

I was just going to ask for photos....

I just recovered from a stomach flu. First time I ever contracted it and it hit me hard. Few night ago, I got up middle of the night, because my stomach felt strange, as soon as I got up, I fell to the floor hard and was passed out for few minutes. That SUCKED

Yeah sucks man.

my neck muscles have gone to shit over the last week - it is painful to turn my head to either side after certain points. Does that happen when you sleep and your head is lower than your heart? It's been a few days it's still there, little better but stills sucks

Actually got some sleep finally.... After 48 hours+ you would think I would go right out.... But every time I would fall asleep, I would stop breathing and wake up again... Scary shit.

You try nasal massage too? It worked for me in the past. I had a clogged eustacian tube for about two weeks. I lost hearing in that ear for a while but as soon as it drained, it was a light bubbling noise and it felt like my inner ear got all itchy. I was at a dentist once with an abcess/infection and I seem to remember him telling me that using mouthwash at night before bed as well as in the morning would help a lot with persistent eustacian tube woes. I have been following the advice and doing this nasal massage below to prevent it. To drain it, I tugged my earlobe and kept distending my jaw in odd positions, usually straight forward and it released light pressure.

Big question... Roman, do you snore a lot of have your mouth open most of the time when you are sleeping? Like you wake up with a dry, slimey mouth?

Get well soon. i have had major frontal sinus surgery done, TWICE. Google "drug resistant Aspergillus" . Then I had a staph infection for almost two years, in the right sinus. Ill spare all of you the details.

Like I said, get well soon, and keep em clean, as the pollen is already starting down here in GA.

Get well soon. i have had major frontal sinus surgery done, TWICE. Google "drug resistant Aspergillus" . Then I had a staph infection for almost two years, in the right sinus. Ill spare all of you the details.

Like I said, get well soon, and keep em clean, as the pollen is already starting down here in GA.

fcuk... Ive thought about having the sinus surgery (the one where they scrape the sinueses out) but the recovery on that is like three weeks of the worst sinus infection EVER.... I cant imagine what you went through.

fcuk... Ive thought about having the sinus surgery (the one where they scrape the sinueses out) but the recovery on that is like three weeks of the worst sinus infection EVER.... I cant imagine what you went through.

As an absolute LAST resort have the surgery. I had it. I had the worst migrane type headaches, and sinus pressure for a month. Driving and reading were an absolute bitch.