Fortis

Smash Boy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what it is, for the tech the 570 uses it is simply unbelievable, I can not wait for the replacement, at this moment the game is on par with Ferrari's the replacement will obliterate the 458 in a similar fashion the MP4 will obliterate the 458 when it will be released, let's not forget the order we have to compare this cars in Gallardo V F360, LP560-LP570 V F430 the 458 is a completely new car Lambo's cards are still face down on the table :icon_mrgreen: .

It is incredible that the G has essentially fended off the competition from Ferrari for that long. The fact that the 570 is even in contention with the 458 speaks volume to the G's platform.

The replacement will certainly blow the doors off everyone. The reason they didn't put DSG in the 570 was they are waiting for the replacement, I would be certain of that. Even with the Aventador using a single-clutch, I bet they will make the G-Replacement more in competition with the McLaren and 458, who obviously are both using DSG's. If they don't use it, they are idiots.

• 2 weeks later...
Your not even in race mode.....

That was the first thing I looked for trust me :icon_mrgreen:

By that point we started cruising.

That was the first thing I looked for trust me :icon_mrgreen:

By that point we started cruising.

Without driving the car in race mode, you didn't experience the half of it..

Without driving the car in race mode, you didn't experience the half of it..

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

I drove in the race mode but when I took the photo we were just cruising so I took the car out of race mode to see how it drives in standard mode around town.

Ferrari could, like Lambo, re-release the 360 or 430 in a 10 year span, kept updating the platform, and like Lambo, still compete relatively easy with anything Lambo put out there... Damn that sentence was long? Did it make sense? The point is, it is no extraordinary feat to rerelease the same car, with updated technology and keep up. That is just cutting corners. Ferrari could do that all day with their V8 models. But they don't. They release new models, with new tech in them. And today, with perfomance and design being so close, a new car will never blow all the others away.. Today, 0.5 of a second, or even less, is a lot. Only the rare hypercars sometimes shatter performance figures. I can't see how it can ever be construed as positive, that Lambo re-releases the same platform so many times, updating it a bit everytime so it can keep up. Everyone can do that. The real challenge is to develop something new, that goes forward in performance, design and tech. Something the first Gallardo did, and the second. The rest. Not by a long shot.

Ferrari could, like Lambo, re-release the 360 or 430 in a 10 year span, kept updating the platform, and like Lambo, still compete relatively easy with anything Lambo put out there... Damn that sentence was long? Did it make sense? The point is, it is no extraordinary feat to rerelease the same car, with updated technology and keep up. That is just cutting corners. Ferrari could do that all day with their V8 models. But they don't. They release new models, with new tech in them. And today, with perfomance and design being so close, a new car will never blow all the others away.. Today, 0.5 of a second, or even less, is a lot. Only the rare hypercars sometimes shatter performance figures. I can't see how it can ever be construed as positive, that Lambo re-releases the same platform so many times, updating it a bit everytime so it can keep up. Everyone can do that. The real challenge is to develop something new, that goes forward in performance, design and tech. Something the first Gallardo did, and the second. The rest. Not by a long shot.

the mp4-c12 is not just 0.5 of a second faster than the 458 and it's not a rare hypercar :eusa_shhh:

Yeah, you're the expert professor.

Let me challenge your viewpoint with another thought:

Take AWAY Ferrari's nearly unlimited warchest of funds and give them the same allocation for R/D that Audi greenlights for Lambo. THEN let's see how they'd do.

It's not a fair fight, and it never has been. It's AMAZING that Lambo even competes as well as they DO considering the massive limitations placed on them.

The poor bastards are forced to do dozens of "special editions", lame million-dollar money grabs (Reventon), and have model runs that are way too long (Murcie/Gallardo), all because they don't have the luxury of three DECADES of growth as Ferrari has had thanks to being in the right place at the right time with the right FIAT funding early on...

So flip your thinking, start rooting for the CLEAR UNDERDOG in this fight instead of the bullshit "ringer-providing" overlord dictator of the segment, and realize that Lambo's performance is faaaaaaaaar above its paygrade.

It really is like a retarded kid being able to run in the normal Olympic 100M event and placing third. THAT is damn impressive. :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, you're the expert professor.

Let me challenge your viewpoint with another thought:

Take AWAY Ferrari's nearly unlimited warchest of funds and give them the same allocation for R/D that Audi greenlights for Lambo. THEN let's see how they'd do.

It's not a fair fight, and it never has been. It's AMAZING that Lambo even competes as well as they DO considering the massive limitations placed on them.

The poor bastards are forced to do dozens of "special editions", lame million-dollar money grabs (Reventon), and have model runs that are way too long (Murcie/Gallardo), all because they don't have the luxury of three DECADES of growth as Ferrari has had thanks to being in the right place at the right time with the right FIAT funding early on...

So flip your thinking, start rooting for the CLEAR UNDERDOG in this fight instead of the bullshit "ringer-providing" overlord dictator of the segment, and realize that Lambo's performance is faaaaaaaaar above its paygrade.

It really is like a retarded kid being able to run in the normal Olympic 100M event and placing third. THAT is damn impressive. :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

Regardless, it would be nice to see Lambo aim for the edgier driving experience. You don't need cutting edge engineering for that, just a different philosophy.

Hostrup the whole point of this thread was for me to test drive a 458 to see how it compares to a 570 and see which car I personally like more.

As explained for me the 570 wins hands down, personal preference.

Now please don't let this influence your buying decision, go and test drive both and write a cheque for the one you love, good luck :icon_thumleft:

As Mako rightly states Lambo is clearly the underdog here and they are doing EXTREMELY well with the resources they were/are given, I guess if they prove themselves to VAG the purse might open a bit wider.

:iamwithstupid:

Regardless, it would be nice to see Lambo aim for the edgier driving experience. You don't need cutting edge engineering for that, just a different philosophy.

Fellippe have you had the chance to drive a late-model Lambo? I am surprised you are claiming the driving experience isn't edgy enough.

Actually, they both operate in the same exact way.

Both manufacturers use a chassis is 10 year life spans. The get basic 2 models from this and both companies will do a spyder and stradale version of each as well. Thus over a 10 year period that chassis is good for about 6 cars.

What you are seeing is that Lamborghini's problem is that they have fallen in when they release their cars. In the current set up, they are technologically behind one step. An example being the stardale version is always the last of the line up. Lamborghini was releasing it's 570 SL while Ferrari was onto it's next chassis and major upgrade with the 458. This is an internal situation that I find mind boggling on a business stand point. It needs to be fixed.

You are way off base saying the Ferrari 430 V8 can continually compete against Lamborghini no matter what. The 570 will wax a 430 and is a better car hands down.

kane00 don't you think it is a bit of an advantage to release after your competitor? It gives you the opportunity to see what they are doing.

I do see a problem when the product approaches the end of the cycle, at that point the sales will always be very sluggish specially if fresh product hit the market, you get to retain the loyal certainly harder to recruit new.

Also with staggered releases customers that aren't brand loyal jump from brand to brand that's beneficial for both brands I guess.

If they release simultaneously the market share is too small nobody benefits.

In this case, Lamborghini is one step behind and it's not good.

There is a reason they are not selling and the new cars are going for big discounts. They are technologically behind. This lack of a proper DSG is killing them.

They would have been fine if the 570 had a DSG or the new Gallardo replacement was a 2012 car. But we are already going into the second year of 458 production.

Fellippe have you had the chance to drive a late-model Lambo? I am surprised you are claiming the driving experience isn't edgy enough.

The latest Lambo I've driven is an '04 G with egear. I'm sure an early or newer Super G, or Balboni would kill it in that regard, so maybe I should hold my words.

My comment is really a RWD thing, and I know we differ on that philosophy and it's cool. I want to dig an AWD car and appreciate it for its special abilities, but the purist in me resists. :icon_mrgreen:

Perhaps a better statement is to talk about a raw driving experience. I did the Gotham Dream Car Tour a few years back and drove that G, a base 430 and the Ford GT back to back. The FGT annihilated those two in terms of being raw and having a lot of feel (and it didn't hurt to have all that torque too and a much louder exhaust :icon_evil: ). I felt the Ferrari was a little better than the Lambo but not by a lot.

A lot of that "feel" of the FGT had less to do with the actual drive, but more on how the cockpit felt more exotic and purposeful. It being a stickshift with a nice weighty clutch and shifter biased things a lot compared to two paddle shift cars. Unfortunately our favorite Italians have refined the shit out of their lineup....whatever happened to imperfect cockpits like the 512 TR or Diablo, and the arms it took to drive one??

I'm one of the few enthusiasts who love cars that are beasts....heavy clutches, no power steering, a shifter that is useless if your wrist is injured, etc. Not saying you have to go that extreme, but you get the point.

The Countach was a car that had looks to kill and could kill ya.....now the Lambos just have the looks. :)

If Lambo made a RWD car as twitchy as a Carrera GT with the proper shift gate, I will kneel before Zod. :icon_pray:

In this case, Lamborghini is one step behind and it's not good.

There is a reason they are not selling and the new cars are going for big discounts. They are technologically behind. This lack of a proper DSG is killing them.

They would have been fine if the 570 had a DSG or the new Gallardo replacement was a 2012 car. But we are already going into the second year of 458 production.

I agree with you on all counts except the DSG part at least until I hear reviews or get to drive the ISR.

DSG is amazing but too cold-hearted for my liking :icon_mrgreen:

Fellippe so what you are actually saying is that the 04 Gallardo was the crappiest one out of the bunch :icon_mrgreen:

The 570 is absolutely nothing like the 04 G.

If manufacturers would still build cars in a manner that you are talking we would have fatal accidents at every corner, nowadays cars have almost twice the power than they used to have and due to their relatively lower purchasing cost accessible to a lot more inexperienced drivers. We need the nanny.

Get with the program or go and buy an old box :icon_mrgreen:

Fellippe so what you are actually saying is that the 04 Gallardo was the crappiest one out of the bunch :icon_mrgreen:

The 570 is absolutely nothing like the 04 G.

If manufacturers would still build cars in a manner that you are talking we would have fatal accidents at every corner, nowadays cars have almost twice the power than they used to have and due to their relatively lower purchasing cost accessible to a lot more inexperienced drivers. We need the nanny.

Get with the program or go and buy an old box :icon_mrgreen:

I've started to get with the program....doesn't mean I like it. :icon_mrgreen: