Fortis

Smash Boy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whose 570 did you hop back into? That is the part I was confused about :eusa_think: :turboalex:

:lol2:

Don't get him all paranoid now, he's going to think the black helicopters are circling his house... :icon_mrgreen:

And an extra +1 for usage of the "Alex" emoticon, lol. :turboalex:

Guest Rob Burgundy

"There are few mods available out there that make the car almost bearable for me but in stock form I honestly think it is the worse looking sports car currently on the market, possibly soon to be outclassed by the upcoming MP4 which looks like it was designed by Andrea Bocelli, I know the folks at McLaren blame it on the wind but I don't really believe them."

:icon_mrgreen:

So so funny!

That was a great write up Fortis! I had no idea Scud still had his 570 as well? :icon_mrgreen:

Guest Dereiter

Thanks for the interesting review.

Regarding my opinion i like the both cars (570 and 458).

"There are few mods available out there that make the car almost bearable for me but in stock form I honestly think it is the worse looking sports car currently on the market, possibly soon to be outclassed by the upcoming MP4 which looks like it was designed by Andrea Bocelli, I know the folks at McLaren blame it on the wind but I don't really believe them."

:icon_mrgreen:

So so funny!

That was a great write up Fortis! I had no idea Scud still had his 570 as well? :icon_mrgreen:

lol, yes, the Bocelli line was particularly inspired. :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

The review that I've been waiting for. Very detailed and informative, thank you! :icon_thumleft:

Sounds like the angry Pacman is definitely not your type of sports car (sorry Scud).

Soo basically what you are saying is that you are blind, and too dumb to figure out a few buttons? :D anyways....I've spent a little bit of time in gallardos and now the fcar. Visuals are subjective, the gallardo looks great to me, but old and dated now. Could just be me as I've had them now since 2006, but judging by peoples reactions around here,it's not just me. Mechanicly there is no comparison, my car does not hesitate, does not feel floaty and feels far more surefooted than any gallardo I've driven, including the 570. The brakes,steering feel and transmission are on a whole new level. When it comes to build quality I will give the lambo the lead. It seems as if over time the lambo would hold together better, the interior is more durable, the paintwork better etc but in my case I don't care as I won't have the car long enough for it to fall apart. How about vboxing your 570?

Send the vbox.

You definitely didn't spend enough time with a 570 as perhaps I didn't spend enough time with the 458 but I've paid a lot of attention to every detail and remember I drove them back to back, for me the 458 when compared to the 570 feels exactly the way I've described it.

When I drove the 458 I've paid attention to everything so I can properly compare the two, the things I noticed are more emphasised in order to paint a proper picture and get the message across, when I say floaty I don't mean the nose of the 458 was bouncing up and down as a low rider on hydraulics.

The 570 is far more surefooted the only problem that it has is understeer in hard cornering but then again the 458 will have double the oversteer in the same corner hence it being much harder to control by a novice, the 570 is the easier car to drive, that's what I am trying to get across.

Best explained is to take a novice and get him or her to drive the same twisty stretch of road in a 458 and then the 570, the 570 will be the car that will inspire most confidence.

Please allow me to clarify I am not a race car driver but I have a bit of experience driving sports cars I am not a straight line dragracer so when I say surefooted I am talking about corners :icon_mrgreen:

You guys are reading too much into that "bogging"

Allan go home and pay attention to it and you will notice it, if you jump on the throttle the box hesitates for a fraction of a second before it engages, if you like to race off the line and you aren't in the position to use your launch mode in could be a slight disadvantage but as it get's up through gears the double clutch changes like nothing on earth, that's the reason those huge lump of metal Nissan GTR move so fast, it's the gearbox that does the trick.

For what it is, for the tech the 570 uses it is simply unbelievable, I can not wait for the replacement, at this moment the game is on par with Ferrari's the replacement will obliterate the 458 in a similar fashion the MP4 will obliterate the 458 when it will be released, let's not forget the order we have to compare this cars in Gallardo V F360, LP560-LP570 V F430 the 458 is a completely new car Lambo's cards are still face down on the table :icon_mrgreen: .

Thank you guys for all your nice words :icon_thumleft:

Mako I know you mentioned helicopters, haven't noticed any of them but what I found quite odd was the black van parked across the road from my house since I've posted this review,

apparently the two heavy-set tattooed individuals that conveniently happen to know Scud "ran out of fuel" ! Do you think they are telling the truth? :eusa_think:

Thanks for the review....worth the wait!

A question:

Compare the 458 to the Balboni, driving dynamics wise.

Us RWD guys will never fully accept AWD cars....just how it is. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the review....worth the wait!

A question:

Compare the 458 to the Balboni, driving dynamics wise.

Us RWD guys will never fully accept AWD cars....just how it is. :icon_mrgreen:

The only RWD I drove was the 550.

I will make this review shorter for you it was rubbish :icon_mrgreen:

Definitately going to disagree on the handling. My experience with the 570 is on track. I also didn't go straight from the 570 into the 458, but I did go straight from a 560 to the 458. As i said my car has zero hesitation, and in any form of a race I don't think the 458 would have much of a problem, including from a dead stop.

I appreciate what you are saying, I remember your review of the 570 after your track day event, after I drove the car, for me, I found it to be quite different from what you've described it, perhaps the tyres on the car you drove were gone, hot day etc, not sure what went wrong there also there is a big difference between a 560 spyder and a 570.

These cars are too close to call, look at all the stats and tests out there, we obviously have different preferences so that's what differentiate them for us.

I do have two questions for you please try to answer them as honest as you possibly can :icon_mrgreen:

Hypothetically speaking

If you could only have one car and you didn’t own any Gallardos in the past which one would you chose?

If you could take the double clutch out of the 458 and put in the 570 which one would you chose?

If I had never owned a gallardo I would of purchased one without ever driving the 458, that way I would of never known what I was missing! If I could put the double clutch box in a 570 I would still take the 458 as I believe the 458 to be all around the more modern car.

Fortis, I know you have a 458 on order!!!!

I will agree with Allan on this one. For me the 458 is just a more dynamic, usable car. I found I could put it on a dime in a corner and the way the driving position is set up with the A pillars being set back really makes a huge difference.

The 570 has better grip exiting the corner yes, but the 4wd going in causes so much damn under steer. Granted it was on the track and that might not be as blatant on the street.

The transmission to me is the kicker. I still can't except that the company that pioneered the DSG can't get it in one of it's most expensive cars.

Also, the 4wd technology is ass backwards compared to a GTR. Again, just not acceptable for a car of its price.

And don't get me wrong,I really like the 570 a lot. It's a great car to drive. I just think Lamborghini needs to get on the same technological release schedule as Ferrari so they do not seem so out of date. And we are talking about 300K cars, so its a good amount of money. And we all know how the value of these cars plummets.

Kane00 you raise few good points, the SL tech is relatively old compared to the 458's, but I don't care much about that, I am sure Lambo will bring their's up to date in their replacement, see the Aventador, we tend to forget the SL represents the end of the cycle.

When it comes to picking my cars it is the emotion that I get when I look at the car and the emotion you get when I drive the car, the 458 does everything very well but it is sterile not even you can deny that.

Obviously these cars feel and handle differently based of the tranny and drive system they utilise, the battle between RWD and AWD will go on forever, for me AWD is better because it puts the power to the ground better, I love the corner exit speed, I don't like the understeer but that's hardly noticeable unless you drive on the verge of suicide, the AWD allows you to do away with certain electronics that help keep the 458 on the road, as power goes up, while the HP war is in full force I think more and more car companies will start looking towards AWD.

It comes down to what you enjoy, the good thing is that at this time there is variety on the market, certain car companies are closer to their roots than others :icon_mrgreen:

I like Lamborghini's philosophy and I am prepared to support it.

Very well put my friend.

Its an awesome car. Enjoy! And please put some damn pics up!!!!!!

I'm off......the good Dr.Bombay is a calling!!!!!!

Great review! And some entertaining discussion following it too hahaha :)

Though I have to admit, I actually like the look of the McLaren MP4-12C :P Certainly much more so than the 458 haha, though I guess that may change when an MP4 finally arrives here in NZ it may look better/worse in person...

When it comes to picking my cars it is the emotion that I get when I look at the car and the emotion you get when I drive the car, the 458 does everything very well but it is sterile not even you can deny that.

In the 458's defense it is a "base" car and the 570 is a superlegerra and has a different feel altogether. So in terms of sterile, a fairer comparison in my opinion would be 458 vs. 550/560.

I'm glad that you have an appreciation for the more visceral element of the driving experience. It's rarely talked about, but IMO more important than it gets credit for. Most newer exotics are quite sterile...a few exceptions to the rule of course, but essentially they all get a C in this area.

I have a feeling the 599 GTO kills the 458 in this regard, which is what I'd go with if I had the choice.

Thanks for taking the time to make the write up. I appreciate your viewpoint on most things. But as for the bogging thing, umm, the Lambo egears all bog 10 x worse than any dual clutch ever could. I know, I have owned 5 egear Lambos and under hard acceleration from a stop they bog badly. I think this is from the system trying to feather the clutch as it releases it fully into first gear.

I think this is from the system trying to feather the clutch as it releases it fully into first gear.

Thank you, that's what I am talking about.

Can we now get off the bogging issue please? Apologies to all double clutch lovers out there.

Happy now? :icon_mrgreen:

In the 458's defense it is a "base" car and the 570 is a superlegerra and has a different feel altogether. So in terms of sterile, a fairer comparison in my opinion would be 458 vs. 550/560.

I'm glad that you have an appreciation for the more visceral element of the driving experience. It's rarely talked about, but IMO more important than it gets credit for. Most newer exotics are quite sterile...a few exceptions to the rule of course, but essentially they all get a C in this area.

I have a feeling the 599 GTO kills the 458 in this regard, which is what I'd go with if I had the choice.

Fellippe the 458 is a 2011 car the 570 is close to 10 years old, the fact that the 458 doesn't wipe the floor with it speaks volumes.

When it comes to tech I think a comparison between F360/F430 V 570 is more appropriate, as I said before we are yet to see Lamborghini's answer to the 458.

I do agree with your 599 GTO views, I think it would be an awesome ride certainly the best Ferrari has to offer at the moment.