Chinese stole the whole Fellowes factory lol

maddox

That's absolutely ridiculous but not unexpected, corruption and communism go hand in hand.

As I always said, we should never send our manufacturing abroad, we will pay very dearly for all the cheap junk we are "enjoying" now, very dearly and there is no one to blame but us!

As I always said, we should never send our manufacturing abroad, we will pay very dearly for all the cheap junk we are "enjoying" now, very dearly and there is no one to blame but us!

I could not agree more. I'll never buy a Tahoe instead of a Lexus GX. Explain.

Hopefully the US can flex some muscle on this issue, though it seems like they haven't yet. Unfortunately it's not a really high-profile company. This stuff would never happen with any of the big boys.

Could the US/EU ban all imported paper shredders from that Chinese company? I'm sure that would send a message.

Holy shit, that's madness. I've heard a couple of horror stories of people doing business in china, even from Chinese living abroad.

yup..even Singaporeans businessman get cheated over there...its still possible to work with people there..just very risky..even our own senior prime minister got cheated in China once.

I've heard of similar situations unfold several times over the last 10 years.

Yep, my friend's business had the same thing happen to him - millions in product gone and the judicial process is doing fcuk all so far.

I've saw a documentary where this businessman from UK comes to visit his supplier in China as he hasn't seen any stock come in for a while. When he went to visit, the owner was in the process of building a new pool and had a new car. =\

While I do feel sorry for these guys; that's the risk you take. It's also fairly bullshit the US State Department or Department of Commerce doesn't do shit about it.

I'd ban any import of those products from China if I were in charge. Problem is nobody is will to call them out on it so they will just keep doing it.

While I do feel sorry for these guys; that's the risk you take. It's also fairly bullshit the US State Department or Department of Commerce doesn't do shit about it.

I'd ban any import of those products from China if I were in charge. Problem is nobody is will to call them out on it so they will just keep doing it.

Aren't there trade agreements in place to stop the department of whatever from doing what you just said?

I wish they could just do that, but the guy will still sell to the rest of the world including China.

I could not agree more. I'll never buy a Tahoe instead of a Lexus GX. Explain.

Am I missing your point or you missed mine?

Seriously, this is News??

Read minimun, Three Kingdoms and The Art of War before you invest large with the Chinese.

Aren't there trade agreements in place to stop the department of whatever from doing what you just said?

I wish they could just do that, but the guy will still sell to the rest of the world including China.

I think they can make exceptions as they see fit. You see stuff like this happen when one country raises import taxes on one countries goods, and then in retaliation the other country does the same with some other good. I think such a thing recently happened with China/US on tires.

If the US flexed some muscle and got the EU countries and the US to stop importing those things, I'm sure it would be crushing to the business. The billions of poor people in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East aren't really consumers, let alone of paper shredders.

We are quickly pricing ourselves out of the competitive marketplace. Union regulations, pensions and the like are forcing manufacturers to look at cheaper labor markets in order to compete in the global arena.

Instead of looking to the government to restrict or tax imports, maybe the government can grant incentives to US based companies and unions can stop cutting their noses to spite their faces and scale back on benefits and work rules.

Generally Speaking. DON'T Invest in China. If you like the products they sell you, buy then Fob or CIF, pay ONLY AFTER someone work for you/and trust give the QC green light on SITE.

In China these days, it's all about getting rich fast. And the law ain't on your side.

Its a big circle, brought on by America itself.

Mass market goods at cheap Wal Mart type prices. It entices people to buy more quantity of cheap, useless crap that supports overseas employment, purchased with money they don't have.

Its a big circle, brought on by America itself.

Mass market goods at cheap Wal Mart type prices. It entices people to buy more quantity of cheap, useless crap that supports overseas employment, purchased with money they don't have.

while i agree, i donno what does this have to do with simple business ethics and laws/legislations to protect investors (especially o/s) from such things from happening.

while i agree, i donno what does this have to do with simple business ethics and laws/legislations to protect investors (especially o/s) from such things from happening.

Well put

well said, but there are something more than just laws/legislations, is the Entire Chinese Business Culture.