Weight lifting supplement opinions needed.

SYNYSTR

So it appears my favorite MRP powder is being discontinued.

I have used Myoplex Deluxe for many years. It has great flavor, seems to be of good quality and does not upset my stomache.

Its tough to read through all the "hype" and know what is truely a good product/supplement. I want something that is close to a complete meal since I use them at work and can't always eat at my desk.

My body type is more power lifter than ultra lean fitness type (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I am happier with 18"+ arms and 10% body fat rather than 16" arms and 5%.

With that, what do you guys use and why?

Max Muscle is good but pricey.

They have a fast acting whey protein that is optimized for post workouts and another that is more meal replacement. The former tastes as good as these things possibly can. :lol2:

EDIT: Just re-read your post.

Not sure if their meal replacement is any better than the rest. Doesn't taste any different.

Really recommend their fast protein. I think it's called ISO X.

Yeah, its the meal replacement that is important to me.

3 out of 6 of my daily meals are MRP's

Umm, if you've actually got 18" arms and 10% BF I seriously doubt you look like a powerlifter. :) 10% is pretty darn lean for anyone not hardcore cut down for a contest.

There are tons of options, but Optimum Nutrition does make good stuff, and I like AST (ast-ss.com) also.

As a powerlifter I know a thing or two on this topic. Statistically science has shown you are wasting your money. If you a looking for a short cut to success you wont find one. the key is to do everything correctly. Train properly - eat properly - sleep properly - live properly. The big guys you see advertising this stuff do so as they are paid, not because they advocate it. Quality of food is the key - full stop. Sure a lot of people take it, ASS & pros alike, but a lot of people are stupid and or dont care.

Anything freeze dried or microwaved is best avoided....there isnt much left in the way of fully absorbable goodness.

As a powerlifter I know a thing or two on this topic. Statistically science has shown you are wasting your money. If you a looking for a short cut to success you wont find one. the key is to do everything correctly. Train properly - eat properly - sleep properly - live properly. The big guys you see advertising this stuff do so as they are paid, not because they advocate it. Quality of food is the key - full stop. Sure a lot of people take it, ASS & pros alike, but a lot of people are stupid and or dont care.

Anything freeze dried or microwaved is best avoided....there isnt much left in the way of fully absorbable goodness.

What exactly is a powerlifter's body?

Traps, shoulders, quads, and back?

If you a looking for a short cut to success you wont find one

No not at all.

I just can't always eat at my desk.

After 20 years of weight lifting I have my nutrition pretty much dialed in.

No not at all.

I just can't always eat at my desk.

After 20 years of weight lifting I have my nutrition pretty much dialed in.

2 cans of tuna and some brown rice. Your coworkers will love you within 3 days. :icon_mrgreen:

What exactly is a powerlifter's body?

Traps, shoulders, quads, and back?

Umm, if you've actually got 18" arms and 10% BF I seriously doubt you look like a powerlifter.

Hey I wasn't trying to stir anything up, I just wanted to make the point that I like to carry a little more size than be ultra ripped. Thats all.

I respect anyone who trains with heart whether they look like the incredible hulk or a statue of David.

Hey I wasn't trying to stir anything up, I just wanted to make the point that I like to carry a little more size than be ultra ripped. Thats all.

I respect anyone who trains with heart whether they look like the incredible hulk or a statue of David.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, I wasn't trying to suggest you didn't look good--just the opposite as 10% BF is quite low IMO. But I suspect most guys I would say look like a powerlifter are closer to 20%. So what I was suggesting is that either your percentages are off or you look more like a bodybuilder than you think. :)

My supplement list:

Whole Milk

eggs

Skinless chicken breast/thighs

Tuna in Water

Sweet Potatos

Brocooli and asparagus

almonds and walnuts

Quit spending your money on the rest of that crap, eat right and eat enough on a regular basis and you'll grow like you can't believe.

Just the milk and eggs do wonders for kicking up calories and loading you with quality protein.

My supplement list:

Whole Milk

eggs

Tuna in Water

Sweet Potatos

Brocooli and asparagus

almonds and walnuts

Quit spending your money on the rest of that crap, eat right and eat enough on a regular basis and you'll grow like you can't believe.

Just the milk and eggs do wonders for kicking up calories and loading you with quality protein.

I used to drink A LOT of milk, now if I buy some its for breakfast oatmeal or post workout - I don't know, I think milk makes you look more bloated plus there are sugars there and like you said calories - can quickly add up when cutting

I used to drink A LOT of milk, now if I buy some its for breakfast oatmeal or post workout - I don't know, I think milk makes you look more bloated plus there are sugars there and like you said calories - can quickly add up when cutting

I would still stick in a glass or two a day, post-workout when the sugars are your friend and it's very high quality protein.

If you must, costco had a massive bag of I think eas whey (5lb I think) powder on sale for like $33 last weekend.

Whole Milk

eggs

Tuna in Water

Sweet Potatos

Brocooli and asparagus

almonds and walnuts

I agree whole heartedly. There is no doubt that quality food is best.

I just don't have that luxury at work. No one thinks twice about a big cooler cup on my desk, but to sit down with a plate and fork when I am not on a break doesn't fly.

I have been using Myoplex Deluxe for almost 7 years. It works very well for me. As far as gains and growing, I am VERY happy with where I am at. I am lean, strong, and muscular (especially for 41). I have been training for over 20 years. This where I have the problem, the product that has become a staple in my routine is going away. I was seeking advice from others on the board who regularly use an MRP and what they like. So far Optimum Nutrition seems to be the only 1 suggested. I will probably try it out.

I really do appreciate all the input.

I would still stick in a glass or two a day, post-workout when the sugars are your friend and it's very high quality protein.

If you must, costco had a massive bag of I think eas whey (5lb I think) powder on sale for like $33 last weekend.

Thanks for looking out

Hotdogs and beer

(Dont laugh.... it worked for Babe Ruth)

I find Optimum Nutrition products are good.

:iamwithstupid: Add ONs range with BSNs products and you've covered pretty much the entire supplement bases .

Two truely proper and quality products.

(To add' beer is indeed great for scrawny ones trying to gain mass...Yeast being a primary reason.)