Results of THE RACE

That's like trying to read Braille. Did he finish 39 overall or in his class?

on FB they said 40th overall but the official results weren't out yet so if what you read is right i'm assuming someone got knocked back or DQ'd

I know you wanted higher up but congrats! 39th is still great

Yes they did, but from what Ive read, the R8s were soo highly removed from a street car that they should not of been allowed to compete..

I heard the same thing about the Porsche and SLS, and that they just turned a blind eye for these guys as well because they wanted the 458 to lose.

Hi

A few thoughts. The The Organizers try to equalize the car with a balance of performance. Our car for example had engine air restriction and 500 lbs of ballast. We were only making about 460 HP. The shape of our car produces massive down force. 2800 lbs at 130 MPH. In the turns we pull 2.8 G's. In the curves we had incredible times but as there is a LONG straight our VMAX was much slower than the top cars. 270 KPH vs 290 KPH.

Everyone politics for more air and less weight. The weight is a real issue as lugging around an extra 500 lbs puts a huge strain of brakes and suspension.

We were hit from behind early on. With our down force we can brake a lot later than most and many didn't realize it. During the race we're were hit twice from behind during braking once by an Audi.

As Allan said the "Audi's" were nothing like a street Audi you can buy and frankly the Lambo which did very well, was a bit Audi like as well under it's body.

The 458 was IMO under restricted especially for it's engine capacity.

Our class was E1XP2 (Experimental) us and 2 BMW M3 GT's. The BMW's were not M3 you can buy for the road. Their gearboxes for example were in the rear.

Because of damage we got when we were hit in the rear twice we spent over 3 hours in the pits. This cost us over 20 laps and not counting that time we would have finished 6th OA. (Others had problems and I realize that's racing). Our Team worked through the night and did an amazing amount of repair in 3 hours. I hate to think how long a dealer would have taken.

In the end we finished 39th OA and 2 in class.

We were awarded a Constructor's Trophy along with Mr Toyota and Dr. Bez of Aston and even though I didn't drive Paolo (Head of the project), and I were awarded 2 in class drivers trophy's by special decision of the organizers.

Keep in mind that the Race lap times are on a longer course than the "Ring" Times you've seen run. Our best lap was an 8:22 and take about 1:30 off of that for a "Ring" Time equivalency.

Without air restriction we could make about 600 HP vs 460 HP and without ballast run at 2300 Lbs vs Ballasted 2800 Lbs so our "Ring" Time could be about 6:35.

Thanks for your comments!

post-468-1309260185.jpg

post-468-1309260203.jpg

post-468-1309260245.jpg

post-468-1309260302.jpg

post-468-1309260318.jpg

Congrats!

Could you tell me if there is a huge time difference between driving during the day and at night because of the darkness?

Are any of the cars really like anything you can buy though? How is the RSR or 458 any different than the LMS?

Is this the first year for the 458 GT? I'm guessing that if it begins to do too well, that it will become restricted and forced to add weight as well. The Audis I believe also have significant weights added. I remember them doing really well the first year and because of that, they had to add weight and became less competitive. Not sure if they successfully petitioned it though.

Congrats!

Could you tell me if there is a huge time difference between driving during the day and at night because of the darkness?

The night is very hard but we mounted extra lights and because it was cooler we were able to run very soft tires and our lap times were very fast.

We also raced with cats and mufflers and were street legal as our NY Plate showed.

Nicola double stinted at night and drove very well.

post-468-1309260185.jpg

Well there's the problem. You brought the General Lee edition with you!

On a serious note, congrads on the finish.