is anybody else following the Casey Anthony trial?

Roman

Defense rests. Casey does not testify.

What are the reasons if she is claiming innocent NOT to testify, wouldn't that work hugely in her favor to take the stand if it was an accidental drowning?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the reasons if she is claiming innocent NOT to testify, wouldn't that work hugely in her favor to take the stand if it was an accidental drowning?

A. Because she is batshit insane

B. No, not necessarily. I think you are forgetting about a little thing call "cross".

Y'all think I'm a hardass. Judge perry just gave some dipshit kid from the gallery six days in jail and $600 for flipping jeff ashton the bird while Court was in session.

The only fireworks that pretty boy is going to be seeing this weekend will be when his colon prolapses after his roommate nicknames him "picolo pete".

Defense rests. Casey does not testify.

In other words " I'm guilty and crazy, don't put me on the stand"

Because she's guilty?

Jeff Ashton would fcuk her in the throat for about 4 days.... He would go through her ENTIRE LIFE, from the time she didnt graduate High School, all the way through to what she had for breakfast this morning.... NOTHING stays out.... NOTHING is off the table. The only fireworks in Florida would be in that fcuking courtroom...

After I heard the Defenses opening statement, and all the way through the prosecutions case, I agreed.... She NEEDED to take the stand to have ANY chance of fixing her attorney's mistakes in opening.... The the defense presented its case and I saw Jeff Ashton doing cross examinations.... HE WOULD fcuking KILL HER.... Before the trial was over, hed have her confessing to killing Kennedy, Kidnapping the Limburgh Baby, and Crucifiying Jesus Christ... No... Her best hope right now is to pray.

Btw - Did anybody catch George Anthony making the Sicilian "I wash my hands of you" gesture towards her at the end of his testimony this morning?

Y'all think I'm a hardass. Judge perry just gave some dipshit kid from the gallery six days in jail and $600 for flipping jeff ashton the bird while Court was in session.

The only fireworks that pretty boy is going to be seeing this weekend will be when his colon prolapses after his roommate nicknames him "picolo pete".

Was there anything this kid could have said to talk his way out of it? How does the judge pick the sentence in this case, for example kid goes "I wasn't flipping anyone off my finger just stretching the tendons. The judge keeps asking "why shouldn't you..etc" well give him a damn answer, if your reason sucks is the judge going to go 30 days or more?

post-11867-1309469408_thumb.png

Also lol at the headlines

Was there anything this kid could have said to talk his way out of it? How does the judge pick the sentence in this case, for example kid goes "I wasn't flipping anyone off my finger just stretching the tendons. The judge keeps asking "why shouldn't you..etc" well give him a damn answer, if your reason sucks is the judge going to go 30 days or more?

Screen_shot_2011_06_30_at_5.32.45_PM.png

Also lol at the headlines

First, I was wrong... He isnt a "kid" Hes 28 Years old for Christs sake... Too old to be acting like a goddamned imbecile.

And no... There was nothing he could do or say... The judge was just making an example of him. Embarrassing him on National TV. Thats a pretty heavy sentence for Criminal Contempt, but its not unheard of. He decided what he was going to do with him (jail him for July 4th) before the jerk was dragged up there.

Had the jury seen it, it would have caused a mistrial... This case has cost MILLIONS of dollars already... fcuk THIS DUMBASS.

And by the way... There is 9% unemployment in this country.... And he should be one of them. There are a lot of brighter people who can be serving wings and skins at TGIFs besides this asshat.

First, I was wrong... He isnt a "kid" Hes 28 Years old for Christs sake... Too old to be acting like a goddamned imbecile.

And no... There was nothing he could do or say... The judge was just making an example of him. Embarrassing him on National TV. Thats a pretty heavy sentence for Criminal Contempt, but its not unheard of. He decided what he was going to do with him (jail him for July 4th) before the jerk was dragged up there.

Had the jury seen it, it would have caused a mistrial... This case has cost MILLIONS of dollars already... fcuk THIS DUMBASS.

And by the way... There is 9% unemployment in this country.... And he should be one of them. There are a lot of brighter people who can be serving wings and skins at TGIFs besides this asshat.

I don't know how this could be a case for mistrial. I am sure I can understand the theory, but in practice it makes absolutely no sense to me.

I don't know how this could be a case for mistrial. I am sure I can understand the theory, but in practice it makes absolutely no sense to me.

As a spectator you can do NOTHING to influence the jury in any way shape or form. Whether it actually does or not, it could be grounds for the defense to call for a mistrial, get a new jury, etc.

As a general rule of life, if you're in a courtroom and court is in session, don't draw any unnecessary attention to yourself in any way. There is no due-process for contempt of court, the judge can essentially rape you with a bowling-pin if he sees fit.

I personally feel pretty much anyone who has the free time to attend something like this is suspect anyway. I mean how many upstanding, law abiding, tax paying people do you know who can be out fcuking around on a random Thursday afternoon?

I personally feel pretty much anyone who has the free time to attend something like this is suspect anyway. I mean how many upstanding, law abiding, tax paying people do you know who can be out fcuking around on a random Thursday afternoon?

This guy testified he has $160 in his checking account, and $12 in savings.... He cant afford to be a smartass.

This guy testified he has $160 in his checking account, and $12 in savings.... He cant afford to be a smartass.

28, serving nachos, and doesn't have $200 to his name... why the fcuk isn't this guy out looking for another job?

This is everything that is wrong with our country as a whole. Entitled shithead kids who would rather be out fcuking around than doing something productive with their lives. Hopefully this judicial bitchslap is all it takes to light a fire under this kids ass and realize it's high time to get his shit together.

I'd like to see this kids parents hauled into court and questioned as to why they are enabling him to be such a failure. (I'm going out on a limb here that he still lives with mom and dad)

IMO the entire family sounds really f'd up....they should ALL be in jail!!!!

Today the family testified about how they bury their pets, Mandy, Ginger, & Cinnamon... When Lee Anthony was called I half expected him to break into tears and say "Mandy is dead? They told me she went to live on a farm! They never tell me anything!"

The defense closing arguments were bizarre. I actually thought Baez started off fairly decent, pointing out that through all the fluff, controversy, and mistakes, the fact remains that the prosecution didn't conclusively prove beyond a resonable doubt that Caylee was murdered at the hands of Casey.

Then a problem happened. He kept talking. It seemed he just couldn't help but to keep his mouth moving which meant he was bound to say the wrong things at several points.

Then the old guy who was barely understandable (Mason, was it?) started to talk and made it worse.

The defense closing arguments were bizarre. I actually thought Baez started off fairly decent, pointing out that through all the fluff, controversy, and mistakes, the fact remains that the prosecution didn't conclusively prove beyond a resonable doubt that Caylee was murdered at the hands of Casey.

Then a problem happened. He kept talking. It seemed he just couldn't help but to keep his mouth moving which meant he was bound to say the wrong things at several points.

Then the old guy who was barely understandable (Mason, was it?) started to talk and made it worse.

"He's a guy with a colorful and complicated past and a very confusing present," said Robert Jarvis, a lawyer and professor at Nova Southeastern University Law Center. "His courtroom demeanor leaves you with a sense that this is a guy who is in over his head."

I actually thought Masons closing was decent... But youre right... Baez didnt know when to shut up... And what that did was allow the prosecution to rebut THIS MORNING.... ALL BY THEMSELVES.... Anything he said is long forgotten....

The jury will be back by friday evening.

The jury will be back by friday evening.

That long?