Would you rather: Murci or Gallardo spyder?

Luxeous

G spyder for sure, but that's just me. I almost bought a 640 roadster but then I drove it. The way it looks just floors me but driving it I felt like I was in a really old car compared to the G. And also when your driving a car you can't see it! So for me I kept the G just for the way it felt. Every time I see a M on the road I appreciate it and love the way it looks but I couldn't have as much fun in it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the lp640 any better with maintenance than the murci? ( I would assume so)

Every time I see a M on the road I appreciate it and love the way it looks but I couldn't have as much fun in it.

your doing it wrong then!!! :icon_thumleft:

If its your only good car go for the G - if you have other good cars then a G is fine - But the M roadster is a great GREAT car.

Presence is part of the reason you buy a car like a murci lambo...dont skimp. Skimp on shitty rear vision and a interior nobody likes (but I find very good), skimp on ease to park. Skimp on other things but not the presence.

The G is a nice car but it skimped on the presence.

No doubt a Murci has the most presence, but how much do you really need? The G breaks necks everywhere it goes and it is fun to drive.

If you are buying a car to show off and impress others, buy an older Murci and pay the up keep. The G has more than enough presence and for me, depending on what mood I am in, it can still draw too much unwanted attention.

All you would be doing is impressing people who don't know cars. The exotic guys know a 2002 Murci is going to run you around the same price as say an 07 G convertible.

If you want a trouble free car..Gallardo...If you want to drive a car that "DEMANDS RESPECT" buy the Murcie. I for one, choose the Murcie.

No doubt a Murci has the most presence, but how much do you really need?

i need lots! :eusa_dance:

All you would be doing is impressing people who don't know cars.

one can buy a car with presence because one enjoys a car with presence - dont assume its for other people. :icon_thumleft:

i need lots! :eusa_dance:

one can buy a car with presence because one enjoys a car with presence - dont assume its for other people. :icon_thumleft:

Truly true. Driving the beast, seeing the batwings in the rearview, opening the 'Lambo doors', etc. Also being able to walk in the garage and see it. There's more to it than impressing others.

G Spider...

I've had my G spyder for 3 years now (1 year as a TT) and just picked up an '03 murcie cause my biz partner has always had a hard on for the murcie. It was shipped directly to our place in NY which I've been at for the past 2 weeks and I've had some good drive time in it. If I had to choose stock for stock, I would take the g spyder.

Everyone here is correct. The Murcielago is clearly the emotional choice. More dramatic, more outrageous, less usable.

The Gallardo is definitely one of the best cars that has ever been built. You can use it as much as you want and it will be reliable, comfortable, and reasonable to maintain.

Fortunately, now we have the Aventador. Having driven it I can say with certainty that it is the best of both worlds.

The obvious best answer that you have posed is - own both!

Yes. Professional grade :turboalex:

:lol2:

But a big argument can be (should be!) made that a true exotic should have some minimum level of headache inducing qualities and/or lack of total refinement.

A Countach that was refined as a Camry just wouldn't be a Countach.

Also, Murci sounds better than Gallardo, IMHO.

^^ - Hit nail on head.

Nick

Im not sure he did - original poster asked what to buy between a M and a G - I dont think he wants to spend 400+K on an entirely different car such as the Aventador - Otherwise the answer is a custom Pagani.

I`d say nail NOT hit on head.

Parking a Murci isn't that difficult.

Certain city driving is a PITA, but I think the Gallardo would be the same.

The main difference between the G & M is the maintenance. G is a super easy car, hands down. It's general maintenance is Viper cheap. Where the Murci is in the realm of an H1. My manual Murci has fewer miles than a friend's e-gear Gallardo and my car has required a clutch (twice), a new cat, new shocks, lift system repairs, throttle synching, and a few other misc repairs vs. zero repairs on the Gallardo. Our cars are three years apart.

Nick

Got the H1 Alpha new in 2006. 85k miles, never a problem. My favorite thing in the world with a motor. bar none.

Got the H1 Alpha new in 2006. 85k miles, never a problem. My favorite thing in the world with a motor. bar none.

I had an H1 Alpha too - PRIME example of a great vehicle with ridiculous "problems"

ALL ADDS TO THE CHARM!

That's some really good info, thanks Nick. Do you feel like the extra maintenance is worth it or would you buy a G now that you know?

It depends how easy of a life you want. I had a Viper and it was SUPER easy, but it was still raw. A friend had an '06 Gallardo that was as reliable as the Viper, but very comfy. I decided that the Gallardo was too easy, so I went for a Murci, which has shown to be far more expensive than the Gallardo. I really love the car, but the first issue with the Murci (clutch) is more than my friend spent on the Gallardo in 20k miles. But it definitely feels more raw.

So you haven't had to deal with CTIS leaks; suspension bushings; TC vampire issues; diff & geared hubs vent tube blockage; geared hub seals; PMD; TC rebuild (you're at the mileage to do so); HVAC issues; corrosion on non-open tops; pitman arm life; alignment life; halfshaft strength; etc. The older trucks issues - '97-'00 6.5TD engine failures, mine had it; ABS issues for '99+ trucks; geared hub access panels; etc.

My truck had over $100k worth of warranty repair. That's significant on a $70k truck.

Nick

Im not sure he did - original poster asked what to buy between a M and a G - I dont think he wants to spend 400+K on an entirely different car such as the Aventador - Otherwise the answer is a custom Pagani.

I`d say nail NOT hit on head.

This:

Everyone here is correct. The Murcielago is clearly the emotional choice. More dramatic, more outrageous, less usable.

The Gallardo is definitely one of the best cars that has ever been built. You can use it as much as you want and it will be reliable, comfortable, and reasonable to maintain.

Nick

It depends how easy of a life you want. I had a Viper and it was SUPER easy, but it was still raw. A friend had an '06 Gallardo that was as reliable as the Viper, but very comfy. I decided that the Gallardo was too easy, so I went for a Murci, which has shown to be far more expensive than the Gallardo. I really love the car, but the first issue with the Murci (clutch) is more than my friend spent on the Gallardo in 20k miles. But it definitely feels more raw.

So you haven't had to deal with CTIS leaks; suspension bushings; TC vampire issues; diff & geared hubs vent tube blockage; geared hub seals; PMD; TC rebuild (you're at the mileage to do so); HVAC issues; corrosion on non-open tops; pitman arm life; alignment life; halfshaft strength; etc. The older trucks issues - '97-'00 6.5TD engine failures, mine had it; ABS issues for '99+ trucks; geared hub access panels; etc.

My truck had over $100k worth of warranty repair. That's significant on a $70k truck.

Nick

Thats not an alpha your talking about, alphas were made in 2006 and thats it and cost a lot more than 70K. A standard H1 is very very different. No way to pick on up for 70K afaik. My alpha had zero issues for the couple years I had it.

My Murci has had very very little wrong - biggest $ problem was I lost the keys! lol.

I also think my Commodore Amiga is better than your Atari ST. :icon_mrgreen:

My Murci has had very very little wrong - biggest $ problem was I lost the keys! lol.

I thought you found your keys?

And to the OP, for what it's worth:

I sold my Murcie last summer and bought an '08 G Spyder. It was my 2nd G (I had an '04 a few years ago).

After 2000 miles I dumped the Spyder and bought another Murcie.

Looks being subjective (I still prefer the Murcie over 99% of what's out there), there's just no replacement for that monster V12 growling in your ears.

If I want to drive something civilized and comfortable, I take the Caddy.

I thought you found your keys?

And to the OP, for what it's worth:

I sold my Murcie last summer and bought an '08 G Spyder. It was my 2nd G (I had an '04 a few years ago).

After 2000 miles I dumped the Spyder and bought another Murcie.

Looks being subjective (I still prefer the Murcie over 99% of what's out there), there's just no replacement for that monster V12 growling in your ears.

If I want to drive something civilized and comfortable, I take the Caddy.

I did find them so actually saved my self big bucks - but it was off the road for months while dealer couldnt get me a key that could be programmed. I then found my key - Buy a Murci - even the problems dont cost big money. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm definitely leaning more and more towards the Murci.

I had an all black M cruise past me a while back, felt like I was driving next to the death star. While I love the G, the presence of a car so epic like the M is just hard to pass up.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm definitely leaning more and more towards the Murci.

I had an all black M cruise past me a while back, felt like I was driving next to the death star. While I love the G, the presence of a car so epic like the M is just hard to pass up.

Sorry to hear that :icon_mrgreen:

your title says lambo owner - what do you have now?