My encounter with UGR TT

I get it I get it, so you are saying a stock anything is more reliable than modded. I agree.

With everything, of course there is a trade off, however I have witnessed HoustonT's 1500+ HP GTT make multiple hard pulls with zero issue. It idles like stock until you get on it. Its hard to pass judgement on a tuner and call their product "unreliable" after seeing one instance of one product in which the owner may have not cooperated with the tuner to get the car 100%.

I agree with this, to the fullest, I can't understand why people keep beating a dead horse..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well written....as for the insults and name calling, not worth a reply, I think it speaks volumes about the OP.

Peter

I get it I get it, so you are saying a stock anything is more reliable than modded. I agree.

If reliability is what you are looking for, then ditch the lambo and drive a honda accord?

With everything, of course there is a trade off, however I have witnessed HoustonT's 1500+ HP GTT make multiple hard pulls with zero issue. It idles like stock until you get on it. Its hard to pass judgement on a tuner and call their product "unreliable" after seeing one instance of one product in which the owner may have not cooperated with the tuner to get the car 100%.

I have seen many instances in which a stock Gallardo clutch has failed prematurely......yet we still continue to buy the cars no?

i agree with the 1k hp GTT part. i have put 7k miles on since my Heffner conversion and everything has been bullet proof. probably runs better all around vs a stock G.

i will say that GTR is dam impressive!!!!!

Very well written....as for the insults and name calling, not worth a reply, I think it speaks volumes about the OP.

Peter

:jackoff:

i agree with the 1k hp GTT part. i have put 7k miles on since my Heffner conversion and everything has been bullet proof. probably runs better all around vs a stock G.

i will say that GTR is dam impressive!!!!!

But you drive like a pussy :thefinger: :icon_mrgreen:

Where have you been the last week, I've missed you!

I can see this argument is going to go on forever and both sides have valid points. But, having owned modded cars for years and one of the resons why i will not mod another new car is for the exact same reasoning as Slowpoke's.

Fact is, any modded car will have issues. How serious are those issues are directly related to the amount of mods done and how far the enveloppe is being pushed. To the owners of modded cars who are enjoying trouble free ownership, that is absolutely great and it speaks very highly of the quality of the tuner's work. However, without getting emotional and protective of the tuner's work, let's get real.

The moment you start with the mods, you start stressing different areas and parts that were not designed to be used according to the standard setup of the car.

We tend to use the Veyron as a benchmark and we all know how long it took to get the Veyron to the market. We also know it cost VW huge amounts of $$$ to develop the car so much so that supposedly they lose money on every car they sell. No tuner can compete with that and even if the performance of the modded car can be equal or even superior to the product being offered stock by any factory, one cannot expect the same level of reliability.

Quite frankly, i am surprised the TT gallardos are holding up as well as they are. The engine is one thing as with the technology available to the masses today, it is not unrealistic to built a high HP motor with minimal issues, especially if the tuner has done his homework. But how about the rest of the car ? Again, i am amazed more transmissions have not blown up, half shafts flying off the car and who knows what other issues that might come up.

Again, that speaks volumes of the quality of the work but i do not expect a TTG putting down 1500RWHP or a GTR to have the same reliability as a Veyron in the long run so, given they are not even close to be in the same price range, they are fantastic value for the money and should be enjoyed for what they are.

Bottom line is we are not comparing apples with apples and there is a price to pay for everything.

I can see this argument is going to go on forever and both sides have valid points. But, having owned modded cars for years and one of the resons why i will not mod another new car is for the exact same reasoning as Slowpoke's.

Fact is, any modded car will have issues. How serious are those issues are directly related to the amount of mods done and how far the enveloppe is being pushed. To the owners of modded cars who are enjoying trouble free ownership, that is absolutely great and it speaks very highly of the quality of the tuner's work. However, without getting emotional and protective of the tuner's work, let's get real.

The moment you start with the mods, you start stressing different areas and parts that were not designed to be used according to the standard setup of the car.

We tend to use the Veyron as a benchmark and we all know how long it took to get the Veyron to the market. We also know it cost VW huge amounts of $$$ to develop the car so much so that supposedly they lose money on every car they sell. No tuner can compete with that and even if the performance of the modded car can be equal or even superior to the product being offered stock by any factory, one cannot expect the same level of reliability.

Quite frankly, i am surprised the TT gallardos are holding up as well as they are. The engine is one thing as with the technology available to the masses today, it is not unrealistic to built a high HP motor with minimal issues, especially if the tuner has done his homework. But how about the rest of the car ? Again, i am amazed more transmissions have not blown up, half shafts flying off the car and who knows what other issues that might come up.

Again, that speaks volumes of the quality of the work but i do not expect a TTG putting down 1500RWHP or a GTR to have the same reliability as a Veyron in the long run so, given they are not even close to be in the same price range, they are fantastic value for the money and should be enjoyed for what they are.

Bottom line is we are not comparing apples with apples and there is a price to pay for everything.

:iamwithstupid: x1000

Best input on this thread so far.

BAAAAAAM!!!

I only wish I could be as good in articulate myself in my second language as A did above, he hits the nail on 100% of my thoughts on this issue..

I am NOT bashing UGR, Heffner, Schnitzer, Promotive, Hartge etc etc etc - I am simply stating that when you modify a car, even if it has nothing to do with HP you start to fcuk things up, period.

As BMWRACER points out, the Veyron costs 2.5 million Euros to produce, that means VW looses over a cool mill on each car, sure, it is branding but still, that says a lot...

I've had modded Porsches, single'd Supras with over 1000HP and I even modded my older Gallardos and seriously, it gets old.. If I had FU MONEY I would probably mod them like there was no tomorrow, but I don't, I just want to enjoy my cars with as little problems as possible..

I rest my case now..

I'm drunk as hell brother :) And oh, the Performante sucks donkeyballs btw :thefinger:

You said you were about to go to sleep, but you are still here.... You are clearly cheating on me.

That thing about the Perfo I didnt hear, I still wont sell it to you. Not even if I get your sisters for a month.

:iamwithstupid: x1000

Best input on this thread so far.

:iamwithstupid:

Another thing that hasn't been talked about is the abuse of any of these modded monsters in road racing...

I've been told if you were a serious ROAD racer, then any of these modded beasts are at high risk of blowing up on the track.

So as Slowpoke and BMWRACER said, enjoy them for what they are but you're kidding yourself if you think a tuner can outengineer the factory.

You said you were about to go to sleep, but you are still here.... You are clearly cheating on me.

That thing about the Perfo I didnt hear, I still wont sell it to you. Not even if I get your sisters for a month.

I am going to sleep, I'm just finishing the last bottle of Chablis from Saturday :lol2:

I only have one sister and the only chance you have of getting her is getting me a verde LP700, so keep dreaming you douchebag :thefinger:

My looks better :icon_super: :eusa_dance:

post-9294-1309905211_thumb.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

Another thing that hasn't been talked about is the abuse of any of these modded monsters in road racing...

I've been told if you were a serious ROAD racer, then any of these modded beasts are at high risk of blowing up on the track.

So as Slowpoke and BMWRACER said, enjoy them for what they are but you're kidding yourself if you think a tuner can outengineer the factory.

You can't really bring track use into this argument because it is a completely different animal alltogether. A streetcar can perform very well on track for a short period of time but taking a streetcar to the track is a compromise. There a very few streetcars that i would consider taking to the track and driving hard without fear of breaking and imo Porsche is the only manufacturer that makes a car that can be used on and off track relatively easily straight out of the box, that being the GT3 OR GT2RS.

You can't really bring track use into this argument because it is a completely different animal alltogether. A streetcar can perform very well on track for a short period of time but taking a streetcar to the track is a compromise. There a very few streetcars that i would consider taking to the track and driving hard without fear of breaking and imo Porsche is the only manufacturer that makes a car that can be used on and off track relatively easily straight out of the box, that being the GT3 OR GT2RS.

:icon_super:

What about CGT?

I would add the Z R 1 to that, but it is definitely a short list. Several other cars are close, but need brake or cooling upgrades to be driven hard.

Again, Ive had many highly modified cars and none were as trouble free as the Gallardo TT.. Im no track racer but when I did take the GTT to Willow in 110 degree heat, I may have taken it easy on the car, but I can gaurentee I was still hitting faster speeds then the other Lambos there... Bone stock Murcielagos overheating, the GTT running ice cold..

With modifying a car it all depends on the car, some have higher limits then others.. Taking a 200hp Honda and putting a 300 shot of nitrous isnt going to work.. But taking a 500Hp Lambo, at 1000hp is fine... while going for 2000hp is again being in experimental territory.. Also, if you take a GTT and drive it like a 50K Corvette, doing burnouts on every corner, drag racing everyone and everywhere, sure I dont think it will last.. Just like the stock car wouldnt last inmo.. But if you drive it like a rational person would, the car has zero issues.. I know its been said that the transmission limits are around 1100 whp and people do upgrade the driveshafts.. Mine were still stock 04 shafts, and I never broke them..

Its not rocket science, the GTT isnt the only car.. There are high hp Vipers, Corvettes, Supras, Porsches etc that can be modded and will run great for a long long time..

:icon_super:

What about CGT?

Probably ok i would assume as it is very well engineered but i cannot tell you for sure. I have not owned one and the most i have done on track is about 12 continuous laps and it performed flawlessly and i was not taking it easy. The problem with that car is there are not enough qualified drivers who can really flog the car around and it is very intimidating. I personally don't know of any owners who drive the living daylights out of a CGT on track . The other problem is that if you break it, you are going to break the bank fixing it so i think most owners would get a cheaper track toy that would be easier on maintenance for one and cheaper to fix.

The 722 is a perfect example of a really good streetcar that is not suitable for track, It is way too stiff for the road and not stiff enough for the track. It is also very nervous to drive, tough to place in corners, eats up the tires . On the positive, i have driven it on tough tracks for a whole day with very little interruption and it did not overheat once, went like stink and the brakes were rock solid with no difference in pedal feel even when the rotors were glowing red. But it is too heavy for the track, too powerful for wet track days and the CC brakes don't last as long as MB say it does hence the new rotors and pads after 20000km. That brake cost alone makes it not fun to track the car and i don't even want to think about smacking it. Needless to say it will not be seeing too many track days as i enjoy the race cars much more and i can think of numerous other street cars that i can throw around a track that will give me worry free fun. A GTT is not one of them as i highly doubt it will go the distance. :icon_mrgreen:

5 page summary:

Everything can break, but the reliability is inversely proportional to the amount of bolts that you fcuk with*

*Disclaimer: In some cases

Again, Ive had many highly modified cars and none were as trouble free as the Gallardo TT.. Im no track racer but when I did take the GTT to Willow in 110 degree heat, I may have taken it easy on the car, but I can gaurentee I was still hitting faster speeds then the other Lambos there... Bone stock Murcielagos overheating, the GTT running ice cold..

With modifying a car it all depends on the car, some have higher limits then others.. Taking a 200hp Honda and putting a 300 shot of nitrous isnt going to work.. But taking a 500Hp Lambo, at 1000hp is fine... while going for 2000hp is again being in experimental territory.. Also, if you take a GTT and drive it like a 50K Corvette, doing burnouts on every corner, drag racing everyone and everywhere, sure I dont think it will last.. Just like the stock car wouldnt last inmo.. But if you drive it like a rational person would, the car has zero issues.. I know its been said that the transmission limits are around 1100 whp and people do upgrade the driveshafts.. Mine were still stock 04 shafts, and I never broke them..

Its not rocket science, the GTT isnt the only car.. There are high hp Vipers, Corvettes, Supras, Porsches etc that can be modded and will run great for a long long time..

:iamwithstupid: i never hit the track and I have the CF half shafts, but i do agree.

i dont have the experience bmwracer has but i think the GTR is a great street car and a good track car out of the box for less than 90k

Snow: ive been busy at work buddy

:iamwithstupid: i never hit the track and I have the CF half shafts, but i do agree.

i dont have the experience bmwracer has but i think the GTR is a great street car and a good track car out of the box for less than 90k

Snow: ive been busy at work buddy

We are talking about a UGR TT Gallardo here bro, not a GTR :icon_mrgreen:

Work hard, play harder :icon_super: TTYL bro!

Probably ok i would assume as it is very well engineered but i cannot tell you for sure. I have not owned one and the most i have done on track is about 12 continuous laps and it performed flawlessly and i was not taking it easy. The problem with that car is there are not enough qualified drivers who can really flog the car around and it is very intimidating. I personally don't know of any owners who drive the living daylights out of a CGT on track . The other problem is that if you break it, you are going to break the bank fixing it so i think most owners would get a cheaper track toy that would be easier on maintenance for one and cheaper to fix.

The 722 is a perfect example of a really good streetcar that is not suitable for track, It is way too stiff for the road and not stiff enough for the track. It is also very nervous to drive, tough to place in corners, eats up the tires . On the positive, i have driven it on tough tracks for a whole day with very little interruption and it did not overheat once, went like stink and the brakes were rock solid with no difference in pedal feel even when the rotors were glowing red. But it is too heavy for the track, too powerful for wet track days and the CC brakes don't last as long as MB say it does hence the new rotors and pads after 20000km. That brake cost alone makes it not fun to track the car and i don't even want to think about smacking it. Needless to say it will not be seeing too many track days as i enjoy the race cars much more and i can think of numerous other street cars that i can throw around a track that will give me worry free fun. A GTT is not one of them as i highly doubt it will go the distance. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice writeup, thanks.