Diablo vs F40

EpDarks

I'll trade the F40's appreciation (in value) and it's "aged looks" any day for the Diablo's massive depreciation and "maintained looks".

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll trade the F40's appreciation (in value) and it's "aged looks" any day for the Diablo's massive depreciation and "maintained looks".

It ain't about money, its about the car. F40 looks way too dated for my taste. I'd take the money, sell it and buy myself a SE30 JOTA car and a nice 01 Model also...

Not all Diablos are depreciating ;)

Not all Diablos are depreciating ;)

There is some truth to that!

Yours is beautiful, btw! What is the factory name for that color?

I dont think the F40 looks aged.. An early Diablo inmo, especially in build quality, interior etc looks aged... The later models however do not.

There is some truth to that!

Yours is beautiful, btw! What is the factory name for that color?

Thanks! The color is actually called Lambo Thirty Metallic :icon_thumleft:

I dont think the F40 looks aged.. An early Diablo inmo, especially in build quality, interior etc looks aged... The later models however do not.

Definitely agree on the early Diablos. But although mine is quite early, it looks almost new next to a '91. So many small details in the build quality as you say, and the paint is still so very shiny :) I actually get a LOT of people asking if my car is new. Mostly because there's no exotic cars here, ever :P

Then again, the average Joe wouldn't spot the difference between a '91 and a '98...

I don't think most people contemplating the F40 is buying it first for the looks.....it's always about the performance and driving experience with that car.

If the looks factor is that important, you switch over to the 288. :icon_super:

Had both.

Not even a question.

The F40 is 10X the car than a Diablo in every way shape or form. End of story.

It's hilarious this always has to be debated. :lol2:

However, one cannot deny the powerful presence, look, and sound of the D....'91 or '01, a violent beast!

Had both.

Not even a question.

The F40 is 10X the car than a Diablo in every way shape or form. End of story.

It's like comparing an Enzo to a Murcielago...

It's like comparing an Enzo to a Murcielago...

Exactly.. And I agree with you, there was a big change in 94 quality to the first 91 Diablos..

:iamwithstupid:

F40 is a great looking car, early diablos look dated.

As for the comparison, there is none. Weight and cost so far apart whats to compare ?

...As for the comparison, there is none. Weight and cost so far apart whats to compare ?

Agree completely ---- apples and oranges...horses and bulls...nearly a race car (F40) and mostly a high-end boulevard cruiser (Diablo)...... Is there anyone out there actually putting a Diablo on the track for anything more serious than a club lap???

Don't get me wrong ---- I like the Diablo a lot. But, in spirited driving or on the track, the F40 will run circles around the bull.... especially in the twisties and under repeated, heavy braking. The Diablo is fast and fun, but it's handling leaves a bit to be desired --- it's a lot of mass on a big chassis to be trying to toss around :)

IMHO, the Gallardo (rather than the Diablo) stacks up better to the F40. But, now we're talking about cars with 25 years of technology spread between them, which is hardly a fair comparison.

Agree completely ---- apples and oranges...horses and bulls...nearly a race car (F40) and mostly a high-end boulevard cruiser (Diablo)...... Is there anyone out there actually putting a Diablo on the track for anything more serious than a club lap???

Don't get me wrong ---- I like the Diablo a lot. But, in spirited driving or on the track, the F40 will run circles around the bull.... especially in the twisties and under repeated, heavy braking. The Diablo is fast and fun, but it's handling leaves a bit to be desired --- it's a lot of mass on a big chassis to be trying to toss around :)

IMHO, the Gallardo (rather than the Diablo) stacks up better to the F40. But, now we're talking about cars with 25 years of technology spread between them, which is hardly a fair comparison.

I def agree. Ive always said the Gallardo is the DRIVERS lambo..

IT IS SOOO SIMPLE

F40= stunning Performance

Diablo= stunning Looks

so, you want to win the track trofy or the girl ? I would get the girl.

Yeah, it's really simple,

Butt ass old Diablo worth 60K gets you a toothless whore. All yours buddy.

This isn't even a fcuking contest. The F40 is light years beyond the Diablo. There is a reason why one is worth 500K and the other 60K.

Yeah, it's really simple,

Butt ass old Diablo worth 60K gets you a toothless whore. All yours buddy.

This isn't even a fcuking contest. The F40 is light years beyond the Diablo. There is a reason why one is worth 500K and the other 60K.

:iamwithstupid:

so what ? There are old rare Countaches sold for 500.000 and I would not like to own them even if I had Bill Gates' money. The F40 is extremely ugly, the Diablo was clearly designed to impress optically. And Lamborghini (and partly Chrysler) succeeded ! while Ferrari succeeded in putting performance on the road. Ferrari at that time was obviously not interested in looks. The F40 can be compared to Arai helmets. High performance, built only for this goal, good fit, high strength and bad looks too. That is why I never buy one. But Arai has a very high name and I can tell you it is highly overpayed, same for

so what ? There are old rare Countaches sold for 500.000 and I would not like to own them even if I had Bill Gates' money. The F40 is extremely ugly, the Diablo was clearly designed to impress optically. And Lamborghini (and partly Chrysler) succeeded ! while Ferrari succeeded in putting performance on the road. Ferrari at that time was obviously not interested in looks. The F40 can be compared to Arai helmets. High performance, built only for this goal, good fit, high strength and bad looks too. That is why I never buy one. But Arai has a very high name and I can tell you it is highly overpayed, same for

You're deep in the minority on that viewpoint. I personally think the F40 looks bad ass and actually quite a few people race/drive the ever living shit out of them.

You're deep in the minority on that viewpoint. I personally think the F40 looks bad ass and actually quite a few people race/drive the ever living shit out of them.

F40 looks extremely dated and is completely overrated. And YES I have driven one (several , in fact). My Ford GT with the pulley and tune done will beat the living snot out of the overrated F40 - BOTH in looks

and on the track. Any F40 owners care to take up my challenge?

Thought not...

F40 looks extremely dated and is completely overrated. And YES I have driven one (several , in fact). My Ford GT with the pulley and tune done will beat the living snot out of the overrated F40 - BOTH in looks

and on the track. Any F40 owners care to take up my challenge?

Thought not...

You are comparing a car built 15 years after the fact... As for the beating the F40 in looks... im going to go with Hardly..

The Kitcar industry copied the Diablo endlessly. On 20 Diablo replicas you will maybe find 1 F40. Building either 1 of them would cost the same. Despite all efforts of the Car manufacturers to put this industry out of business (NAERC ..!) people keep on building them. What does it tell us ? The crowd like the optics of this 90's Icon way over the F40. Why then are the F40 not so much replicated as the Diablo ? I think because the Diablo is an almost timeless design while the F40 is not. Maybe you don't care about what 'the crowd' like, but you see, it seems the opinions are divided.

The Kitcar industry copied the Diablo endlessly. On 20 Diablo replicas you will maybe find 1 F40. Building either 1 of them would cost the same. Despite all efforts of the Car manufacturers to put this industry out of business (NAERC ..!) people keep on building them. What does it tell us ? The crowd like the optics of this 90's Icon way over the F40. Why then are the F40 not so much replicated as the Diablo ? I think because the Diablo is an almost timeless design while the F40 is not. Maybe you don't care about what 'the crowd' like, but you see, it seems the opinions are divided.

this is your proof?

oh boy..........

Sure it is ! But if you have an F40 then why not enjoying it ? I don't want to insult you, only thing is that I doubt the 500% value for 10% more performance. Thats it. I don't have to prove that the kitcar industry replicated the Diablo the most, it is a fact. But I am interested in hesring your opinion about it. Let's be clear that the F40 seems to be a great car that at THAT time, set a leap forward. No doubt. But still, highly highly overpriced, or the Diablo is highly underpriced. Maybe both