TWIN TURBO GALLARDO CUSTOMERS PAST AND PRESENT

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see A 1000hp GTT vs the Porsche though.. At 1500hp in the GTT it was obvious what was gonna happen..

Want to see the 1500+whp TT gallardos run some turbo hayabusas on video. Those seem to be the benchmark for ridiculous speed on 2 wheels. The TTG's are the same thing but on 4 wheels.

Anyways besides Waynes cars and Sprites, anyone else put big mileage on their TTG's?

Anyways besides Waynes cars and Sprites, anyone else put big mileage on their TTG's?

Mine has a couple of miles on it :), Ryan put most of the miles on it before I got it but I have put on about 22000 kms since I got it.

at 27000 kms since the last rebuilt its time to pull apart and replace some parts.

Because I use about 3 liters of oil to 500kms and if I am hammering it will be 4 or 5 liters of oil.

IMO I don't think anyone has driven their TTG as hard as Ryan and I. But we have had our share of problems.

They are "NOT" bullet proof. They are highly modded cars and it's not "IF" but "WHEN" they are going to break.

After all cars are no longer street cars but now are RACE CARS

As long as the Tuner behind the TTG's is good, then there should not be a problem.

One word of advice "GAUGES"

It is a race engine, don't you think you should know what is going on back there?

I have a boost gauge, fuel air mixture gauge and a fuel pressure gauge for both pumps.

post-9014-1310444638_thumb.jpg

Just my opinion!!

Want to see the 1500+whp TT gallardos run some turbo hayabusas on video. Those seem to be the benchmark for ridiculous speed on 2 wheels. The TTG's are the same thing but on 4 wheels.

Mileage isn't necessarily an indicator of reliability. I could set my UGR TTSL to a 1k hp and cruise it everyday and prove very little other. I agree that the majority of TTG owners only run their cars on kill mode a few times a year, if ever. Granted, I've only owned mine for about a month, but it's never left boost setting 4 - which is over 1500whp. I've emptied a 55 gallon drum of C16 and the only thing I've been disappointed with so far is the lack of races. It gets boring doing run after run for friends.....

Mileage isn't necessarily an indicator of reliability. I could set my UGR TTSL to a 1k hp and cruise it everyday and prove very little other. I agree that the majority of TTG owners only run their cars on kill mode a few times a year, if ever. Granted, I've only owned mine for about a month, but it's never left boost setting 4 - which is over 1500whp. I've emptied a 55 gallon drum of C16 and the only thing I've been disappointed with so far is the lack of races. It gets boring doing run after run for friends.....

It's lonely on Top..lol

It's lonely on Top..lol

Maybe....but everything is beatable. I'm just surprised there haven't been more shops trying to take down a UGR TTG at its own game. Lots of talk, but nothing has come out yet....

Maybe....but everything is beatable. I'm just surprised there haven't been more shops trying to take down a UGR TTG at its own game. Lots of talk, but nothing has come out yet....

Well its going to be real tough to beat a 3000lb, AWD,1550whp car that does 250mph in a standing mile and 177 in the 1/4 mile... I mean unless its a pure drag car..what other platform can really compete at this level?

I do think Scott's car (GTR) will give you a run for your money from 45-165 .. should be a very exciting race

Well its going to be real tough to beat a 3000lb, AWD,1550whp car that does 250mph in a standing mile and 177 in the 1/4 mile... I mean unless its a pure drag car..what other platform can really compete at this level?

I do think Scott's car (GTR) will give you a run for your money from 45-165 .. should be a very exciting race

99% of the TTG's leaving Charlotte are 3300 lbs on their best day (SL's), would make less hp on an AWD dyno and the only car that has trapped 177+ is the Nera on larger turbos. Not saying my car is slow, but they can be beat. Just nothing has to date.

Agree, I'm really looking forward to running my old GTR. I'm sure tiny tiny tym will do everything he can to make me regret selling it....!

Not to mention Slowpoke, you said you watched the UGR GTT, and it didnt blow anyone away.. Then videos like surface....

Look at the video below, I said we called it a day after that and went home with our stock Lambos, you know, DROVE home...

at the end of the video the guy says "sounds like something broke". what broke?

I've had the spyder TT'd for about a year now. Car has had about 1,500 miles put on it with the TT. Alex did the install and the kit was Heffner's. Only issue we ran into was to much oil burning through the turbos, to the point where it was dripping onto the ground and smoking pretty good. After messing with the oil injectors on the turbo's we still had the same issue. One side seemed to be leaking more than the other but none the less, Jason replaced both turbos and I had the work done here in Phoenix by my lambo tech and alex reimbursed me for the labor to replace them. With the right oil injectors there has been zero issues since other than an occasional issue with the car finding idle, but it did that before the TT system was installed. I've had it plugged into the lambo software and cannot find any reason why it would be having problems finding idle. Jason did mention something about tweaking the timing to fix this problem but its not enough of an issue to mess with it. I did the bolt on kit running 5.5 psi on 91 and 8.3 psi with 100 plus. I run the car both ways and keep a 55 gallon drum of 104 at the shop. Personally I think the car runs better on the higher boost setting with the 104, but thats just me.

After being in NY and driving the murcie in stock form I can honestly say I enjoy the gallardo more, even when it was stock. If I had to choose between the two I would take the gallardo spyder, TT'd or not.

I've had the spyder TT'd for about a year now. Car has had about 1,500 miles put on it with the TT. Alex did the install and the kit was Heffner's. Only issue we ran into was to much oil burning through the turbos, to the point where it was dripping onto the ground and smoking pretty good. After messing with the oil injectors on the turbo's we still had the same issue. One side seemed to be leaking more than the other but none the less, Jason replaced both turbos and I had the work done here in Phoenix by my lambo tech and alex reimbursed me for the labor to replace them. With the right oil injectors there has been zero issues since

I wonder if that could be an issue for mine, as for having another TTG I would very much consider it. They are way too much fun to say no to :)

I did my own bolt on with two GT35's running 7 PSI two years ago, I did 10000 miles, I had no issues what so ever, it did use a little oil but I placed my turbos too low so the oil return was never ideal for my setup.

2011 I fully built the engine myself, fabricated all new plumbing and exhaust system, inspired by UGR's piping system. I used a different brand pistons, and rods for the upgrade, than UGR and Heffner as the vendors wont sell to others, which is fair enough.

Ive done 2000 miles now, drag and numerous 0-300 km/h pulls and had no issues, well a little strange idle once in a while, but I guess my bigger injectors are cause of that.

Oh by the way, the new build I raised my rev limiter to 9000 rpm at 15 psi, so its being beat on pretty hard. The sound and power is unreal, and the ones who know me, know Ive driven some pretty serious machines.

Nicolas Kiesa

I did my own bolt on with two GT35's running 7 PSI two years ago, I did 10000 miles, I had no issues what so ever, it did use a little oil but I placed my turbos too low so the oil return was never ideal for my setup.

2011 I fully built the engine myself, fabricated all new plumbing and exhaust system, inspired by UGR's piping system. I used a different brand pistons, and rods for the upgrade, than UGR and Heffner as the vendors wont sell to others, which is fair enough.

Ive done 2000 miles now, drag and numerous 0-300 km/h pulls and had no issues, well a little strange idle once in a while, but I guess my bigger injectors are cause of that.

Oh by the way, the new build I raised my rev limiter to 9000 rpm at 15 psi, so its being beat on pretty hard. The sound and power is unreal, and the ones who know me, know Ive driven some pretty serious machines.

Nicolas Kiesa

I'd love to see pictures of the build! I can't imagine tearing into the engine like that on my own. Big props!

Nicolas Kiesa

Have you taken it to track days, or do you mostly do strait line racing in the TTG? If so, how well does it handle race tracks?

I'd love to see pictures of the build! I can't imagine tearing into the engine like that on my own. Big props!

:iamwithstupid:

Yup Ive done two days testing at a track (road course) nearby, and attended a drag meeting also. The Gallardo is pretty good once on track, once you get it setup, but you need some time to feel comfortable in the quick corners, its moving alot due to the short wheel base and quite poor aerodynamic downforce (or lack of it).

When I had some 750 hp it was actually faster round a track as you could modulate the power going to the wheels easier, but the new setup is way more fun :-)

That said, Ive still to test with my rev limit moved to 9000 rpm, that will allow me to have a much broader powerband, some of the nervous handling was due to down or up changes on cirtain "hairy" parts with 120+ mph.

BLK85:

Which photos or which parts would you like to see from my build ? I took alot of photos, both engine building and the actual stainless piping fabrication.

Nicolas Kiesa

BLK85:

Which photos or which parts would you like to see from my build ? I took alot of photos, both engine building and the actual stainless piping fabrication.

Nicolas Kiesa

If you have the time or ambitious enough, I and Im sure many other members would like to see a lot of them along with your writeup in a new thread.

I spoke to Mr Vroom, and although he declines to post, he said his GTT is still going strong with no issues after many years.. he also says his SLS has proven to be an awesome car, with him even doing a Drivers Course in France! He said he will be keeping the GTT for a long time, has done several track sessions in it, including one with Bmwracer, and over 50 dragstrip passes, numerous 0-200mph blasts etc.. He did have me promise to say this though... according to him " UGR SUCKS"

If Vroom has something to say, say it like a man instead of hiding behind a fat slow guy.....

When it comes to being FAT... I dont think you have much to say.... :icon_thumleft:

The slow part I can live with... :icon_thumleft:

I own UR TTG #1. UR had never touched a Lambo before I sent them my car. I did have experience w/ them w/ 2 very high hp TTVipers, so I was confident of what they'd provide. What they delivered was amazing. Since it was TTG #1, many things were learned along the way. We learned the limits of the stock tranny, stock gearing, stock axles, stock throttle bodies, stock head studs, etc., all while testing the car at the drag strip. Although the stock 06 clutch held up to the drag strip abuse, a Tilton was made to cure a soon-to-be issue at the power level we were now running at. We immediately put the first TTG into the 9's at the drag strip from the very beginning of racing it. Things stayed like they were for a while after that and I simply began enjoying the car on the street. Then, after a few other customer builds and UR building their own TTG, I started to see my car had even more potential in it (my original rwhp figure of 1,026 wasn't looking as impressive anymore)! Although the "look" of their builds has never changed, advancements have been made along the way by applying what was learned at the track to the cars. They had started using MoTeC's in some of the cars, re-geared a couple for higher mph (which a side advantage is perfect gearing for the street as well w/ tt's), and had experimented w/ some different turbo sizes. The Texas Mile of Oct., 2009 was approaching and we (UR and a couple customers) wanted to make a showing and put these cars to a different test. I decided to compete, so I sent my car back to UR to have all those new "tweaks" done to it. We upgraded the AEM to a MoTeC, installed a built tranny, L19 head studs, upgraded throttle bodies, different turbos, and a few other tweaks. I was THRILLED w/ the outcome! My first pass to get a feel for things was 217 mph. Then, we pulled and inspected the plugs, turned up the boost, and I ran a 231. Later that same day we turned it up a bit more and I ran 238 (and I missed a gear...damit). I wanted another crack at it as our goal was 240, which would put us into "elite" status at the mile, something only the race-prepped Supras were able to accomplish at the time. The next morning I got my chance. We didn't mess w/ anything as the car had performed flawlessly during the entire event. I somewhat babied the start and concentrated on hitting my shifts smooth and ran a 241.7. We did it! The car was running top-notch. I would have ran again but I would have missed my flight back to Tennessee so I stopped there. The car was returned home, after UR had changed the oil and checked out everything to ensure all was good. I got it back home and it was still set on the same boost level as it was for that run. The car is driven on the street 100% now, in the EXACT SAME trim as that event...same wheels, same tires, same everything....just slightly lower boost for the street, but not much!

I can't say enough about how well this car has performed, both on the street and at the track. It has been a thrill from day one. The car has never leaked one drop of anything, which is amazing for a car pushing over 1,500rwhp (then again, my TTVipers don't either). How many miles a car like this will last has been brought up. I, like most, do not put many miles on my cars. I have several to drive, so it's not driven a whole lot. All I care about is when it's called upon, it delivers. It has, and continues to do so!

Kyle

I spoke to Mr Vroom, and although he declines to post, he said his GTT is still going strong with no issues after many years.. he also says his SLS has proven to be an awesome car, with him even doing a Drivers Course in France! He said he will be keeping the GTT for a long time, has done several track sessions in it, including one with Bmwracer, and over 50 dragstrip passes, numerous 0-200mph blasts etc.. He did have me promise to say this though... according to him " UGR SUCKS"

Didn't he have 1 of the 2 turbos go bad shortly after picking it up? NOT the tuners fault as it was simply a faulty turbo and was remedied right away, but that is a small issue.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading that from one of the Florida guys and IIRC it was Vroom.