Hurricane Irene

pockmark

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding? That's a typical SFL afternoon/evening. Hurricanes are serious shit, I've rode out my fair share, once even in a boat.

Ive been on NC's coast since 1990 and have experienced several hurricanes tropical storms etc. The closest you can get to a hurricane is a severe thunderstorm that last hours upon hours. I couldn't even imagine being on a boat during a hurricane.

Ive been on NC's coast since 1990 and have experienced several hurricanes tropical storms etc. The closest you can get to a hurricane is a severe thunderstorm that last hours upon hours. I couldn't even imagine being on a boat during a hurricane.

I would say a tropical storm is akin to what you are speaking of.

A Cat2-5 hurricane is akin to the videos I posted.

I personally saw a hurricane pick up a 3,000lb steel trash dumpster flip it vertically 10 ft in the air and send it into a tennis court upside down.

That was just a strong Category 2.

I have lived in South FL since 1983. Have ridden out quite a few myself.

Never on a boat though during one, but abolfaz was probably on a yacht the size of an aircraft carrier. If not he a crazy muthafucka

Never on a boat though during one, but abolfaz was probably on a yacht the size of an aircraft carrier. If not he a crazy muthafucka

No sir. Got stuck in a 30' Bertram Moppie.

I would say a tropical storm is akin to what you are speaking of.

A Cat2-5 hurricane is akin to the videos I posted.

I personally saw a hurricane pick up a 3,000lb steel trash dumpster flip it vertically 10 ft in the air and send it into a tennis court upside down.

That was just a strong Category 2.

I have lived in South FL since 1983. Have ridden out quite a few myself.

You have to excuse that post as I was on my cell phone, didn't watch those videos and as well all know that the cell phone isn't the greatest tool to use when posting on the internet. But I agree with you 100% hurricanes are NOTHING to mess with especially cat 2 and up, here are a couple videos of storms I have been through and remeber vividly.

They have placed the eye again on a more northern track, but have upgraded it to a Cat 4.

Looks like they have also slowed it down.

Looks like SoFla is in the clear... I had made more preparations for a storm party than the actual storm at this point so that is a bit of a relief.

Looks like I may get some of this here in VA! My my mom is supposed to be down at my grandmas in Charleston, SC this weekend since my grandma is supposed to have open heart surgery next week so this should be interesting.

latest track is showing way East! we should be fine and our orlando run will go on :eusa_clap:

Negativo.

Bill-The cone of death shows the path of the "eye" of the storm. If the eye goes all the way west (according to the track), you will have category 3 winds during the run. Better to wait until there is more definitive data. The 11am and 5pm update will be important...

post-679-1314109525.jpg

Negativo.

Bill-The cone of death shows the path of the "eye" of the storm. If the eye goes all the way west (according to the track), you will have category 3 winds during the run. Better to wait until there is more definitive data. The 11am and 5pm update will be important...

the latest update this am showed we will get 30-50mph winds thursday/friday morning. ofcourse anything is possible but it looks ok to me.

well hopefully everything will be ok

Looks like I may get some of this here in VA! My my mom is supposed to be down at my grandmas in Charleston, SC this weekend since my grandma is supposed to have open heart surgery next week so this should be interesting.

Do you know what part of Charleston? Some parts are more hurricane resistant than others.