I am soooo pissed right now

TRANSAMERA

How much will you sell me your old POS busted RS5 for?

Keep it reasonable, I'll likely have to do a full body off restoration to it just to get it partially respectable.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same exact thing happened to me. Purchased one of the first A8L's in south florida, (don't remember if it was '05 or '04), drive over to one of the marinas I had a boat at and parked next to a carbon copy of my car, black/saddle. I park and immediately notice that the steering wheel was a little different then walk around the front and notice the front bumper and grill was different. I bumped into the guy who was driving it who told me "this is the new A8L that's coming out next year". WTF? Mine just came out, WTF is this shit? I was in exactly the same state as slowpoke, pissed off as hell after buying a brand new just released car only to find out that it was already obsolete. fcuk!

Turns out, the car I parked next to was in the marina while filming a scene for transporter 2.

Is this really a new model, thought the A5 was still the same car?

And slowpoke, seriously it's your own fault. The RS models are always made in the final year of that specific model.

^^ lol! Then the car hit a ramp,did a triple somersault flip and knocked a bomb off it's undercarriage.

No even worse. After I left the marina the A/C on the right side of the car stopped working necessitating a month long visit to the dealer.

Subtlety is not one of your strong traits.

I tend not to sugarcoat things. The car is still awesome but he should have done some more research before spending over 100K.

I do like the old model as well, was there an upgrade in engine specs or just cosmetic... But I do understand, the dealer should have made mention to it, they should have an idea a month or so before.

I knew a facelift was on the way when I got my car, but dealers and heads down in Germany said they were NOT doing anything to the RS, only the A and S.

Just did a quick google, and found this from February: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22200-Audi-RS5-Facelift

So yeah, Slowpoke just lives up to his name :icon_mrgreen:

See above Stian.

LOL crybaby thread of the week, if you enjoy the car then who gives a fcuk? Really makes me think you are in it for "I have the latest and greatest " instead of the love of the car, perhaps you should of done some more research before purchasing.

fcuk off. No really, fcuk off.

Jirre,I had a similar thing happen to me when I was in high school all though the car amounts were much cheaper.

In 2003 I bought a new Subaru WRX off the show room floor that had been customized with a full leather interior, nice deep dish graphite rims and and a dvd player/custom sound system etc.. I payed about $30 k for it. I was in heaven and all of my rice rocket dreams were fulfilled 3 months after I bought it Subaru released the STI.

A Bigger engine,more power,better looking rims,race tires,brembo brakes,adjustable power distribution to the front and back.

An all around much cooler car. Base price of 4k more then I paid.

Needless to say I was upset :( I didnt know a lot about Subarus when I impulse bought mine and hadn't heard about the new model coming out and of course nobody at the dealership said anything.

That being said ive never had more fun in a car. Rain,snow or shine it was a blast to drive. I guess the lesson I learned is to be grateful for what I had. Some people...or MOST people I would say never get to know the joy of driving a new car. There is always going to be something newer and better. I just try to be thankful for what I have and im even more thankful for what I have because I know what its like to not have at all.

You have a strong point Rob, if I didn't had the 997 to daily now I would have been even more pissed, I just parked the car at the dealer

Same exact thing happened to me. Purchased one of the first A8L's in south florida, (don't remember if it was '05 or '04), drive over to one of the marinas I had a boat at and parked next to a carbon copy of my car, black/saddle. I park and immediately notice that the steering wheel was a little different then walk around the front and notice the front bumper and grill was different. I bumped into the guy who was driving it who told me "this is the new A8L that's coming out next year". WTF? Mine just came out, WTF is this shit? I was in exactly the same state as slowpoke, pissed off as hell after buying a brand new just released car only to find out that it was already obsolete. fcuk!

Turns out, the car I parked next to was in the marina while filming a scene for transporter 2.

Exactly! I don't want to spend top dollar for a premium car and have it becoming an old model after 3-4 months!? I mean, I bought the car in March, WTF is this, a joke? Seriously? The car is up for sale as of yesterday, cheap to, I'm taking a hit, especially with all the mods I did to it, but I don't care!

And slowpoke, seriously it's your own fault. The RS models are always made in the final year of that specific model.

Exactly! They release the RS models, wait a year or two and then introduce a NEW modell, not a facelift, never happened before...

See TE, if you would have moved to Miami like I told you to, you would have been set. They don't even sell the RS5 here, so you wouldn't have been hit with depreciation, you wouldn't have cared about losing a GF, you would be tri-lingual (adding spanish), you could have bought a house cheap, paid much less taxes, and be on a boat somewhere pouring champage all over some Colombian chicas while your friends freeze back home. You could hang out with your man crush Bill all the time, and even be his spotter at the gym. You could go visit Megan whenever you wanted to.

Instead you are in Sweden getting ready to winter store your car, putting one up for sale that has depreciated more than an S class Benz, and wont be able to drink champagne soon because it will freeze when it comes out of the bottle.

To be honest, I have no clue.

Continental GT? But again, you'd probably want the newest model which hasn't depreciated yet.

GTR, TR's, some cardio, and maybe even a Harley and you will be back on top of the world in no time :eusa_dance:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Harley in Sweden= :lol2: :lol2:

He would be able to drive it like 3 weeks.

True Religions may actually get him more action.. Have you seen how tight our boys pants are? Jirre you have to let your dingleberries breathe brotha. :lol2:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Harley in Sweden= :lol2: :lol2:

He would be able to drive it like 3 weeks.

True Religions may actually get him more action.. Have you seen how tight our boys pants are? Jirre you have to let your dingleberries breathe brotha. :lol2:

:icon_super: