UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Silva will kill Weidman in the rematch.

If Silva actually show up to fight and don't clown around, no doubt. Doing Matrix and Spider-Man moves looks very cool... until you get caught.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something seemed off with Silva. Check out this interview BEFORE the fight. At the end of it he says the same thing he did in the post fight, he doesnt want a rematch and he is tired. The best result is Chris winning.

I don't think he took a dive, but it was almost like he didn't have his heart in it. Like, I'm going to act like a fool in this fight and do what I want, if I win or lose it doesnt matter. He was acting way more outlandish than he has in his other fights.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/43783...dicts-own-loss/

Joe Ferraro: If you had a perfect fight against Chris Weidman on Saturday night, what is your perfect fight?

Anderson Silva: "CHRIS WEIDMAN (makes crowd noise) CHRIS WEIDMAN!!! CHRIS WEIDMAN is the best in the world! Chris Weidman is the new champion de UFC!"

Ferraro: "Because there would be a rematch after that?"

Silva: "No man. I'm tired bro. No rematch. I'm tired. I win, I win, I win. Go back for all the fights. Please."

• 3 weeks later...

Shame about Zombie, I think he was starting to get somewhere before the shoulder popped, Aldo just looked to have gassed by the end of the third. I'm also glad Machida lost, can't stand that counter-punching shit, get out there and WIN the fcuking fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Brown looked great. Not sure what he was talking about with his comment that Pyle is better than GSP but hopefully a contender or title fight is in Brown's future.

Travis Browne, good kick and lucky Yamasaki didn't stop the bout. Overeem IMO makes small mental mistakes that have big repercussions. He's a lot better than his record.

Incredible that Shogun is still only 31 with such a long career. Didn't see him getting subbed but Sonnen turns in a good performance every once in awhile.

Matt Brown looked great. Not sure what he was talking about with his comment that Pyle is better than GSP but hopefully a contender or title fight is in Brown's future.

Travis Browne, good kick and lucky Yamasaki didn't stop the bout. Overeem IMO makes small mental mistakes that have big repercussions. He's a lot better than his record.

Incredible that Shogun is still only 31 with such a long career. Didn't see him getting subbed but Sonnen turns in a good performance every once in awhile.

I turned 30 a few weeks ago, puts things in perspective for me. Good night of fights I think, glad Pyle lost, can't stand that fcuking mullet.

Uriah Hall - Too much respect for his opponents. I will probaly get one more UFC fight, he needs to go buck wild to stay in there.

Overeem - Same cocky behaviour... idiot. Agree tough, is better than this if he gets his shit together.

Uriah Hall - Too much respect for his opponents. I will probaly get one more UFC fight, he needs to go buck wild to stay in there.

Overeem - Same cocky behaviour... idiot. Agree tough, is better than this if he gets his shit together.

I hate that hugging shit in the cage, you're there to do a job, this isn't kindergarten.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found some time to watch the first ep of the new TUF season, and holy shit do I love Miesha Tate. That chick has got some balls. Rousey looks like a mass-murderer and Tate's just standing in front of her with a smile and blows her a kiss in the promo after the episode. I really can't stand Rousy, that bitch needs a serious attitude readjustment.

I really can't stand Rousy, that bitch needs a serious attitude readjustment.

This! I can't stand that cunt!

Extended preview Jones v. Gustafsson Sep 21

It should be a good card. Not a huge fan of the lighter weight guys usually but Barao and Wineman look like a solid matchup.

• 2 weeks later...

Robbery. Gustaffson won the first three and drew in the fifth imo. Some crackhead judge had four rounds for jones?

Incidentally as I've said for years jones standup is an illusion. The man has no right hand or hook, just wierd elbows and kicks. Any boxer that fan stay on his feet will take him apart. And did!

Very close battle that could have gone either way. I like Jones however he has looked progressively less dominant in each fight since he took the belt. I bet we've got a rematch coming and Glotex takes a seat. Jones needs to be careful or he loses the belt next fight with Gus.

Very close battle that could have gone either way. I like Jones however he has looked progressively less dominant in each fight since he took the belt. I bet we've got a rematch coming and Glotex takes a seat. Jones needs to be careful or he loses the belt next fight with Gus.

The only reason it was close was Gus got tired but I still had him winning the first 3. Jon looked confused in his standup and Gus had a much more dominant strategy implementation. Any way you slice it bones was exposed. This talk of going to HW is bad for his health.

A very close fight, man Gus can take some shots! I wouldn't call it robbery, and could see it go either way with the judges...

Jones landed a lot more strikes (137 vs 114), but a lot of them were leg kicks which don't tell the story quite as visual as Gus' head jabs.

What did jones really get done? A few leg touches but couldn't achieve any td or anything beyond one meaningful exchange. Gus got two tds and owned all boxing and head shots. He won the first three easily from what I saw.

Firstly I gotta say that as my first UFC experience I highly recommend it if you can good prices on tickets. For a 6 hour event that start in the early evening and was pretty chill until the main card, it was worth the money.

Some great fights, and a couple boring ass ones too. Though I felt like the first three rounds were close with a nod towards Gus, Jones finished very strong and took the win rightfully I think. The Gus fans were just hoping the clock would run out as a knockout blow from Jones was just around the corner. Jones was also more composed towards the end of the fight. I can't wait for a rematch!

What did jones really get done? A few leg touches but couldn't achieve any td or anything beyond one meaningful exchange. Gus got two tds and owned all boxing and head shots. He won the first three easily from what I saw.

Well Gustafsson was in a waaaaay worse condition that Jones by the end of the match so clearly jones did get something done. Particularly in the 4th and 5th rounds.

The only reason it was close was Gus got tired but I still had him winning the first 3. Jon looked confused in his standup and Gus had a much more dominant strategy implementation. Any way you slice it bones was exposed. This talk of going to HW is bad for his health.

It was close because it was close. Both are well conditioned guys with tons of reach and stopping power. Jones isn't the new guy anymore and can't be innovative all the time, he's constantly under the microscope being dissected by opponents and media. Both guys fought well and were exhausted at the end. Judges scored it 48-47, 48-47 and 49-46 so it was damn close, right there's at least 3 people that disagree with Gus winning the first 3.