UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Not dead but uninspired. Very few personalities left with charisma and machismo. That said...

Rashad was lucky tonight to get the W. Uninspired fight with a tepid outcome.

Nelson is tough but Miocic was smart and tough which trumps.

Boxing is dead.

Most of the UFC fights on Saturday were lame. The best fight was the first FX fight - It was like a Jujitsu clinic - Back and forth..Some good stuff in there.

Nelson just wasn't ready...He took the fight on VERY short notice, and where he usually has a gas tank for days - He was tired going into the 2nd round. But damn - he has a chin. Couldn't believe he was still standing after a few of those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spider hyping this Saturday's match vs. Weidman in his own way. Chael is a better interviewer than fighter.

Spider hyping this Saturday's match vs. Weidman in his own way. Chael is a better interviewer than fighter.

Chael did a terrific job there. I'm excited for this card, haven't missed an Anderson fight since he came to the UFC.

I can't believe how much they're trying to hype Chris Wiedman...

Worst matchup blahblahblah, if there's one man that can beat Anderson blahblahblah, undefeated blahblahblah

Guess what, I'm also undefeated in MMA.

Yeah, I honestly just don't see Weidman having much of a chance here. Sure, anything *can* happen, but I think they hype game is getting a little ridiculous now.

Fight goes one of two ways:

1.) Anderson tries to make it entertaining and make the fight live up to the hype, and thus clowns with him for a bit in order to stretch it out, and makes it last for a few rounds before finishing Weidman somewhere in Rounds 3-5.

2.) Anderson finishes him somewhere around Round 2.

lol

Excited for this card as well. Interesting Leben and Gonzaga now on undercard. Those Munoz photos were wack. Lemme find them...

I can't believe how much they're trying to hype Chris Wiedman...

Worst matchup blahblahblah, if there's one man that can beat Anderson blahblahblah, undefeated blahblahblah

HAHA. Good one, and AGREED!

I think a GSP vs Silva would be a MUCH better fight than GSP vs Hendricks.

GSP vs. Silva: Similar styles and two precise/intelligent fighters w/o knockout power. This one would last the rounds.

GSP vs. Hendricks: As soon as Hendricks lands a left hook, it's over. GSP has a weak chin.

Boxing is dead.

I'm hearing that Canelo Alvarez should be legit competition for Floyd Mayweather.

I know, I know. We hear that about EVERYONE that faces him.... :icon_mrgreen:

As far as the 5% chance we ever get a Pacquaio/Mayweather fight.....yes, it won't be as good as it would have been in 2010. Yes, Mayweather has an advantage....but still think Pac has a puncher's chance. I think Pac struggles with traditional counterpunchers like Marquez, but Mayweather is an unorthodox counterpuncher.

I think the fight would resemble more the Mayweather/Cotto fight with Pac getting a few more punches in. It's easy to say that Mayweather dominated the one guy who has given Pacquaio trouble, but at the same time Manny annihilated Cotto. All the common opponents they have both beaten, Manny dominates them more thoroughly...Ricky Hatton, De La Hoya, Mosely.

It would be an interesting battle. I don't care the result, just want it to go down.

When Silva fought Bonnar, they put a mic on Weidman and asked him to do commentary. He makes fairly sharp comments, he's not a dummy. And the biggest factor - in his mind he believes he can beat Silva.

UFC hype-machine in overdrive. Wideman gets blown out before the third. Silva by stoppage due to strikes.

Agreed. White working hard to get the buy-rates up. Casual viewer doesn't recognize Weidman. I am still interested in the fight and the card in general but have a wedding to go to :tyson:

Silva enjoys trolling the media, I think that's what he's doing here.

It's a great strategy, wish we could see others doing that in other sports.

Agreed. White working hard to get the buy-rates up. Casual viewer doesn't recognize Weidman. I am still interested in the fight and the card in general but have a wedding to go to :tyson:

Hot single women in skimpy clothes all bothered that they're not getting married? You poor thing! :icon_mrgreen:

Oh, was I happy when Silva got KTFO!!!

What an asshole...Dancing around like he can't be touched, and then 'lights out'. Good work Weidman.

Silva got what he deserved. For someone who watches the PPV fights on a regular basis, I don't want to see Silva or any other champion acting like an assclown on the octagon. What a joke.

I thought the most hilarious part of that fight was the amount punches Weidman missed while Silva was on the ground knocked out. lol