UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

i like silva. i missed the fight but i had a feeling his showboating like that would catch him at some point. but i really found it amazing how much confidence he had in himself to do that. and how many real punches he could dodge doing it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the most hilarious part of that fight was the amount punches Weidman missed while Silva was on the ground knocked out. lol

Clearly rigged!!! :jerry:

Silva was already mentally questionable leading up to the fight. Comments from June 25, 2013:

Age doesn't have anything to do with it. Weidman's been wanting this fight for a while so I know he'll be very well prepared. For me, regardless of whether I win or lose, I want to do my job and return to my kids in one piece. It's about setting examples for the kids. Everything extraordinary I've wanted to do in my career, I feel that I've done. Now it's a matter of clocking in and doing my job.

This, coupled with all the upset talk, coupled with his odd behaviour like allowing Weidman to hold the belt at the prefight presser, lead me to believe that no, he didn't throw the fight but he did a half-ass job of defending it. It wasn't that Weidman was spectacular IMO; Silva was horrible.

That's fine, that's his choice. And I think he said it all in his post-fight speech - he's tired. He was like some sort of immortal in Brazil, probably still is. That shit gets tiring no matter how rich you get.

I personally have no interest in a rematch either because much like when other superstars mentally check out then come back they are never the same.

Good for Weidman, he deserved the win. And I disagree with White, that clowning shit is retarded.

Oh, was I happy when Silva got KTFO!!!

What an asshole...Dancing around like he can't be touched, and then 'lights out'. Good work Weidman.

I was going for silva..He got what he deserved! He got fined in the past by Dana white for his BS show boating. Why the fcuk can't he just fight with everything he has...Ughhhh ...moron.

there will be a rematch ..trust me. He will wake up today and get ripped by the media for his epic stupidity.

They said rematch in post fight press conference, dana and Anderson. Dana also said Belfort texted him 175 times and dana keep replying rematch

The Vitor Weidman match might have some issues because of Belfort's TRT. Kizer stated he probably wouldn't sanction Vitor based upon past PED use. They could have it in Brazil I suppose but that would be viewed as circumventing the commish.

I understand why Silva gets frustrated when opponents don't come for him, and come to WIN the fight. But you can't do THAT shit, can't keep your hands down and expect to survive a clean hit. If he's so frustrated then he should go after them right away and blow them out of the water and showboat in the post fight presser; as in: "I'm the champ, you want the belt you motherfuckers, you gotta come get it."

Instead, he taunts them, looks unprofessional and stupid, and now gets his head taken off.

The Vitor Weidman match might have some issues because of Belfort's TRT. Kizer stated he probably wouldn't sanction Vitor based upon past PED use. They could have it in Brazil I suppose but that would be viewed as circumventing the commish.

No you misunderstood. Belfort ain't getting a shot. There is a rematch happening

I understand why Silva gets frustrated when opponents don't come for him, and come to WIN the fight. But you can't do THAT shit, can't keep your hands down and expect to survive a clean hit. If he's so frustrated then he should go after them right away and blow them out of the water and showboat in the post fight presser; as in: "I'm the champ, you want the belt you motherfuckers, you gotta come get it."

Instead, he taunts them, looks unprofessional and stupid, and now gets his head taken off.

:icon_thumleft:

Just one guys opinion; I think weidman was clueless as to what to do after the initial take down, he seemed confused, and exhuasted. Yet, so did Silva! I think Silva was spent and knew he has to bait him not out of frusttration, but more like an older ali who couldn't dance as much. Weidman still got lucky to some extent but my suspicion is that this is what an old silva looks like. Ironically Renzo Gracie, one of weidmans coaches seemed to indicate he was gassed by the end of the first which I wouldn't expect him to admit.

Are there any videos of the fight available online ?

Here's the knockout and I'm sure it will get pulled soon -

UFC has cracked down hard on pirated copies. I don't know of anywhere except UFC.com for HD versions of the fight.

Thank you Porter, I am sorry I am not into this sport but I wouldn't mind watching the big fights, where do you usually watch the fights, net or paid TV? I've never seen it advertised here.

Thank you Porter, I am sorry I am not into this sport but I wouldn't mind watching the big fights, where do you usually watch the fights, net or paid TV? I've never seen it advertised here.

http://www.ufc.tv/

Prelims are usually free on Facebook, Youtube and ufc.tv outside of the countries they air on TV (USA, Canada, Brazil etc).

Disrespectful piece of shit

I got the last two words, that's enough

I usually have some friends over and order on Pay Per View. Other times we will go out to a bar/restaurant and watch on big screen. You can see the full replay here at the same price it was live $59.99 http://www.ufc.tv/video/silva-vs-weidman

I usually have some friends over and order on Pay Per View. Other times we will go out to a bar/restaurant and watch on big screen. You can see the full replay here at the same price it was live $59.99 http://www.ufc.tv/video/silva-vs-weidman

Thank you Porter, I will keep an eye on this thread for big fights and I will watch them on ufc.tv

It's actually cheaper outside the big markets like US and Canada, only $30.99 here :eusa_dance:

White is targeting UFC168 Dec 28 for rematch, and possibly bumping Tate Rousey to Super Bowl weekend. Here goes the UFC Hype Machine into overdrive again http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/white-targ...eidman-rematch/ Let'see if Silva agrees...

Silva will kill Weidman in the rematch. This is all part of the plan boys. give up one fight to triple down on new year's weekend.