UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

A little summary of being at UFC live in an arena:

The expected stuff:

* It's better to watch at home, only go for the atmosphere

* Don't expect to watch the ring a lot, but the big screens

* Lot's of people, very loud at times

This was pretty much what I got of the expected parts. What I didn't anticipate:

* The sound was TERRIBLE. It was almost impossible to hear Rogan, Buffer or any of the videos they showed. The sound was just a clusterfuck of rumbling and echoes.

* Between fights they played music. Fine. Mostly up-beat house music. Fine, I like that. But NOT AT 130 dB on a soundsystem that sounds like utter shit. It was so loud you couldn't talk to the person next to you without yelling, and the sound was so bad it can best be described as bass-mush.

* I don't know how this is in smaller venues, but we couldn't hear anything from the action in the ring. Probably not so weird considering the size of the arena, but I thought they would play the sound from the mics over the ring to the speakers very low.

Now for tonight, I have a feeling Diaz is only showing up to collect his $$$. There's no way he can beat Silva unless we get another freak injury.

This fight only happens because a) Diaz will only fight big names on PPV which he doesn't deserve, and B) Silva needs a sub-par opponent to gauge where he is.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little summary of being at UFC live in an arena:

The expected stuff:

* It's better to watch at home, only go for the atmosphere

* Don't expect to watch the ring a lot, but the big screens

* Lot's of people, very loud at times

This was pretty much what I got of the expected parts. What I didn't anticipate:

* The sound was TERRIBLE. It was almost impossible to hear Rogan, Buffer or any of the videos they showed. The sound was just a clusterfuck of rumbling and echoes.

* Between fights they played music. Fine. Mostly up-beat house music. Fine, I like that. But NOT AT 130 dB on a soundsystem that sounds like utter shit. It was so loud you couldn't talk to the person next to you without yelling, and the sound was so bad it can best be described as bass-mush.

* I don't know how this is in smaller venues, but we couldn't hear anything from the action in the ring. Probably not so weird considering the size of the arena, but I thought they would play the sound from the mics over the ring to the speakers very low.

Now for tonight, I have a feeling Diaz is only showing up to collect his $$$. There's no way he can beat Silva unless we get another freak injury.

This fight only happens because a) Diaz will only fight big names on PPV which he doesn't deserve, and B) Silva needs a sub-par opponent to gauge where he is.

Also:

*Stadiums filled with 75% meatheads, everyone is a tough guy, lots of liquor flowing

Agree with all your points. This is Silva's fight to lose.

Weidman is Cain Velasquez number 2...always injured...

And btw, Gastelum at 179 lbs!? Come on bro...

Weidman is Cain Velasquez number 2...always injured...

And btw, Gastelum at 179 lbs!? Come on bro...

Vitor turned down Machida interim fight. http://www.mmamania.com/2015/1/31/7957145/...ght-ufc-184-mma

Gastelum previously went on a tirade about how expensive Dolce's cutting regimen was. So is losing 20% of your purse.

It's been a terrible start for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) champions ... past and present.

First Light Heavyweight kingpin Jon Jones gets caught doing cocaine (read more details here). Now Middleweight legend, Anderson Silva, flunked an out-of-competition drug test ahead of his comeback fight against Nick Diaz at UFC 183, which took place inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Is not normal.

UFC.com breaks the bad news:

"On February 3, 2015, the UFC organization was notified by the Nevada State Athletic Commission that Anderson Silva tested positive for Drostanolone metabolites on his Jan. 9 out of competition drug test. UFC’s understanding is that further testing will be conducted by the Commission to confirm these preliminary results. Anderson Silva has been an amazing champion and a true ambassador of the sport of mixed martial arts and the UFC, in Brazil as well as around the world. UFC is disappointed to learn of these initial results. The UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents by its athletes."

Drostanolone is an anabolic steroid that, according to Wiki, "has been used for bodybuilding, mainly in 'cutting cycles.'" In addition to this banned substance, Silva also had androsterone -- another performance-enhancing drug (PED) -- in his system, according to Ariel Helwani.

UFC 183 marked Silva's dramatic return to the Octagon from a fractured shin, which occurred during his rematch with Middleweight champion Chris Weidman in Dec. 2013. He defeated Diaz via unanimous decision after five rounds of action (watch video highlights here), a result that will likely now be overturned to a "No Contest."

That's because, according to Kevin Iole of Yahoo!Sports.com, Diaz -- once again -- failed his post-fight drug test because of marijuana.

What a mess.

The weed I could not care one bit about. The steroids from Silva are really disappointing...it's just such a sad turn of event...

I expected a lot more out of Silva durning that fight.

NOW, Knowing that he had PED's in his system, makes his performance seem down right embarrassing IMO.

The steroids from Silva are really disappointing

Why?

Virtually everyone in high level competitive sports nowadays is also using some form of performance enhancing drugs. From chess players to bikers, you name it. There is absolutely no one in the octagon that is clean and they know it. The UFC, like every other sports governing body is being hypocritical.

But they have to I guess because of the media.

As viewers want faster action, athletes are pushing their training to new levels. Look at the evolution of the NFL..... the size and speed of the players these days. Anyone who thinks that they are not using growth hormones or steroids is being naïve.

As viewers want faster action, athletes are pushing their training to new levels. Look at the evolution of the NFL..... the size and speed of the players these days. Anyone who thinks that they are not using growth hormones or steroids is being naïve.

Not true. Most of these guys abused their bodies with steroids or other stuff at a younger age and fucked up their natural testosterone production and their endocrine system. Once you hurt those things you have to continue to take TRT ,roids and or growth hormone or you will barely be able to function. If you train hard and stay natural your whole life you can keep going into a pretty ripe age. If you mess around you will pay the price eventually with the systems in your body.

All of you remember that when your doctor tries to prescribe TRT and or growth hormone to you. Once on it you will never go off

Not true. Most of these guys abused their bodies with steroids or other stuff at a younger age and fucked up their natural testosterone production and their endocrine system. Once you hurt those things you have to continue to take TRT ,roids and or growth hormone or you will barely be able to function. If you train hard and stay natural your whole life you can keep going into a pretty ripe age. If you mess around you will pay the price eventually with the systems in your body.

All of you remember that when your doctor tries to prescribe TRT and or growth hormone to you. Once on it you will never go off

And why would you want t come of HGH? Yes you can come off it.

TRT is a different story, but 1ml of test a week is nothing for TRT would bring you up just above the lowest levels ( depending on how bad you are )

HGH though is just on another level of welbeing.

And why would you want t come of HGH? Yes you can come off it.

TRT is a different story, but 1ml of test a week is nothing for TRT would bring you up just above the lowest levels ( depending on how bad you are )

HGH though is just on another level of welbeing.

Because it shuts down your natural production that's why. Any supplementation TRT or other hormone shits off your natural system and therefore you can't quit it.

Yeah you can keep going longer, but you won´t be able to compete without roids. That´s a fact.

Because it shuts down your natural production that's why. Any supplementation TRT or other hormone shits off your natural system and therefore you can't quit it.

HGH starts to reduce in your system from early 20s. It slows right down.

So replacing it is not a bad thing. As with all things taking massive amounts has side effects. But taking 4iu to 6ui a day doesn't seem to have any negative affect.

Except it has been linked to accelerated cancer growth/outbreak in people who are predestined to likely get it.

I wouldn´t touch it, you don´t know what you´re geting yourself into for your retirement days.

I'm assuming I'm the only one here actually competing in combat sports?

I'm 46 this year and just competed in the IBJJF worlds masters championship in California nov1, then The same month in the provincial championships where I won silver.

I train and compete with people of many ages but mostly guys in their 20's

You don't need drugs unless you messed up your system earlier in life as I mentioned. Diet , proper hard excercise and rest and you can play at a high level for many years.

Here is Harvard Medd view on GH

Every man desires to live long,” wrote Jonathan Swift, “but no man would be old.” He was right, but the fountain of youth has proved illusory. And while more study is needed, GH does not appear to be either safe or effective for young athletes or healthy older men. But that doesn’t mean you have to sit back and let Father Time peck away at you. Instead, use the time-tested combination of diet and exercise. Aim for a moderate protein intake of about .36 grams per pound of body weight; even big men don’t need more than 65 grams (about 2 ounces) a day, though athletes and men recovering from illnesses or surgery might do well with about 20% more. Plan a balanced exercise regimen; aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, such as walking, a day, and be sure to add strength training two to three times a week to build muscle mass and strength. You’ll reduce your risk of many chronic illnesses, enhance your vigor and enjoyment of life, and — it’s true — slow the tick of the clock.

• 1 month later...

Soo, ya….both champs got dominated yesterday.

RDA's skill looked impeccable! Esparza's skills looked to be on par with those in middle school. Not sure where this division is going.

Still hoping for a Cyborg and Rousey fight to take place.

Nothing too exciting happening in the UFC as of late.