UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

It's the right call. Props for the UFC for making it despite that it may get them less money.

Jones needs to collect himself.

Looking forward to seeing this fight, although if DC loses again it's going to look bad for him.

:iamwithstupid:

Good call! Should be a wake-up call for Bones, he's a slow learner it seems...

And Rumble-DC is a good matchup, I hope Rumble knocks DC senseless.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:iamwithstupid:

Good call! Should be a wake-up call for Bones, he's a slow learner it seems...

And Rumble-DC is a good matchup, I hope Rumble knocks DC senseless.

For sure, should be a good fight. Big props for DC stepping in to save the card... granted he gets a shot and payday.

Trainwrecks are great. With both the coke and car accident Jones issues and the Anderson PED issue, it's been a fun few months.

Somewhat related, does anyone see Pacquiao beating MM this weekend? Not that it matters, Mayweather has reiterated repeatedly it's all about the $$, he's rumored to be making in excess of 200M for this one fight. Crazy.

The pressure is ALL on MM...It's his to lose...and the fact he's talking about the money so much makes me think he might not be 100% confident. I follow his Instagram and it's pretty sad...really just about showing off.

The other day he posted about his purchase of a S600 and HAD to mention the MSRP...dude...it's "only" the S600, and everybody knows the ballpark value, no need to actually mention it...anyhow...I would love to see Pacquiao beat him....but I still think MM clinches it.

The pressure is ALL on MM...It's his to lose...and the fact he's talking about the money so much makes me think he might not be 100% confident. I follow his Instagram and it's pretty sad...really just about showing off.

The other day he posted about his purchase of a S600 and HAD to mention the MSRP...dude...it's "only" the S600, and everybody knows the ballpark value, no need to actually mention it...anyhow...I would love to see Pacquiao beat him....but I still think MM clinches it.

Agree on all points. Saw Walhberg put down 250k on Pac but I just don't see how Manny wins unless knockout, and that's pretty remote. It's too bad MM is such a power douche he's definitely one of the best ever in any weight class.

I follow his Instagram and it's pretty sad...really just about showing off.

Isn't that what instagram (and facebook, for that matter) is for - showing everyone how much better you are than them?

MM is a total douche. He should stick to radio commercials! ha

Maybe a crazy theory, but maybe MM loses this fight "on purpose" to his final fight a revenge against Pac again in September...and even more $$$...if he's really JUST chasing the money at this point...

Maybe a crazy theory, but maybe MM loses this fight "on purpose" to his final fight a revenge against Pac again in September...and even more $$$...if he's really JUST chasing the money at this point...

I don't know if he would give up his unbeaten streak for that.. plus, the payday he's getting, win or lose, will tide him over for quite some time.

I don't know if he would give up his unbeaten streak for that.. plus, the payday he's getting, win or lose, will tide him over for quite some time.

He said in a recent interview he valued more money than the perfect streak at this point...which I thought was "interesting"...

We'll see soon enough. :)

At a 120 million bucks its a circus at best..... with this kind of bread who knows whats legit and whats not. I predict this fight to be a HUGE disappointment. MM may be a great athlete but he's one of the worst sportsmen I've ever seen... wouldn't put anything past that guy.

What's so incredible about this fight is how many people WANT Pac-Man, but are predicting Mayweather. It's so wierd because Pac seems like such a good dude and floyd is basically a scumbag. I suspect floyd wins fairly easily, though both guys are past their primes at this point.

What's so incredible about this fight is how many people WANT Pac-Man, but are predicting Mayweather. It's so wierd because Pac seems like such a good dude and floyd is basically a scumbag. I suspect floyd wins fairly easily, though both guys are past their primes at this point.

Why is Floyd a scumbag? Because of his social media accounts?

I might be the only one on this board that wants MM to win. :icon_mrgreen:

prepare for floyd running around for 12 rounds of pillow fighting.. this will be epic fail. Maybe it will end in a draw so people can waste another 50k on seats..

I miss those sugar ray leonard vs hagler , roy jones, julio cesar chavez etc.. where fighters FOUGHT !! not this BS.

Only way this ends well if Pac man beats his ass. which will be tough with Floyd dancing for 12 rounds..

He beats women, its generally frowned upon.

Why is Floyd a scumbag? Because of his social media accounts?

I might be the only one on this board that wants MM to win. :icon_mrgreen:

Hagler. Hearns. Best street fight ever.

• 3 weeks later...

UFC 187 is the best card on paper in a long time, let's hope it delivers!

I hope TRT-less Belfort still performs like his previous three fights. But I suspect he needs to finish the fight before the 4th round, and should come out guns blazing. If this goes to the championship rounds, Weidman will take it.

A former welterweight that hits harder than most heavyweights is something special... This will either be a spectacular knockout, or DC humping Rumble for five rounds to a boring decision.

UFC 187 is the best card on paper in a long time, let's hope it delivers!

I hope TRT-less Belfort still performs like his previous three fights. But I suspect he needs to finish the fight before the 4th round, and should come out guns blazing. If this goes to the championship rounds, Weidman will take it.

A former welterweight that hits harder than most heavyweights is something special... This will either be a spectacular knockout, or DC humping Rumble for five rounds to a boring decision.

A mentally sharp DC with winner's mentality can beat Rumble IMO. Rumble is powerful but we've seen that before. He may have gotten a little lucky with Gus. I think Gus wins that fight 7 out of 10 times. If Bones didn't break DC's spirit this is DC's fight to lose.

Vitor off sauce is still dangerous for sure, however Weidman should be able to handle him nicely. I see Weidman on the ground grinding him out.

Fun card for sure, hopefully Arlovski shows up with some hot playboy bunny.

Damn look at the odds. Vegas is betting heavily against Vitor.

Daniel Cormier (-135) vs. Anthony Johnson (+115)

Chris Weidman (-525) vs. Vitor Belfort (+415)

Donald Cerrone (-500) vs. John Makdessi (+400)

Travis Browne (-450) vs. Andrei Arlovski (+360)

Joseph Benavidez (-600) vs. John Moraga (+450}

A mentally sharp DC with winner's mentality can beat Rumble IMO. Rumble is powerful but we've seen that before. He may have gotten a little lucky with Gus. I think Gus wins that fight 7 out of 10 times. If Bones didn't break DC's spirit this is DC's fight to lose.

Vitor off sauce is still dangerous for sure, however Weidman should be able to handle him nicely. I see Weidman on the ground grinding him out.

Fun card for sure, hopefully Arlovski shows up with some hot playboy bunny.

I think Rumble was just a bad match for Gus, combined with the pressure of fighting in front of 30,000 homefans. A quick knockout is never a good indication of either fighters ability, Velasquez and Dos Santos are good examples of that. I hope Gus meets Rumble again in the future!

Weidman has shown to be pretty smart in his gameplans, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I think Vitor's power lies in the mohawk though, not the TRT :turboalex:

Damn look at the odds. Vegas is betting heavily against Vitor.

Daniel Cormier (-135) vs. Anthony Johnson (+115)

Chris Weidman (-525) vs. Vitor Belfort (+415)

Donald Cerrone (-500) vs. John Makdessi (+400)

Travis Browne (-450) vs. Andrei Arlovski (+360)

Joseph Benavidez (-600) vs. John Moraga (+450}

Must be fueled by the lack of TRT, noone knows which Vitor shows up. Without the ban, I'm sure the odds would have been pretty equal.

I think Rumble was just a bad match for Gus, combined with the pressure of fighting in front of 30,000 homefans. A quick knockout is never a good indication of either fighters ability, Velasquez and Dos Santos are good examples of that. I hope Gus meets Rumble again in the future!

Weidman has shown to be pretty smart in his gameplans, it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I think Vitor's power lies in the mohawk though, not the TRT :turboalex:

Must be fueled by the lack of TRT, noone knows which Vitor shows up. Without the ban, I'm sure the odds would have been pretty equal.

Good points, all of them. And the new NSAC provisions regarding sauce are crazy strict. First time offenders get 3 years, nice. It's just not worth it anymore http://www.mmamania.com/2015/5/15/8612791/...eroid-users-mma

Vitor is one of the last guys from the old guard. He's had a good run last few fights for sure, I hope pissed off God thanking mohawk sporting Vitor shows up, will make things interesting.

Ground. And. Pound.

Good stuff Wideman. Great guy, mentally stable, and extremely confident. I don't see any of the top 3 guys beating him right now. He may be champion for a while.

DC vs Rumble coming up...

Ground. And. Pound.

Good stuff Wideman. Great guy, mentally stable, and extremely confident. I don't see any of the top 3 guys beating him right now. He may be champion for a while.

DC vs rumble. Meh. Sloppy. Neither one world champion material.

DC should enjoy it while it lasts. Regardless, good for him.

Great card!

Did he really call out the man to make him cry like a little bitch after their fight? Can we pool some money together so Jones can get his shit together and beat DC back to the chicken and cake buffet he needs to go.back to.

Ground. And. Pound.

I think rockhold loses to.weidman, but jacare probably has the best chance. He has insane ground game and can stand up too!