UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Did anyone watch the early prelims??

That guy Jimy Hettes has SKILLS on the ground. He was incredible to watch.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lesnar had a very odd ride in the UFC. Started out winning the title and went downhill from there. They should have fed him cans for a few years to get his confidence up, fighting guys with similar experience. His spirit looked broken within seconds of the fight starting.

Regarding JDS vs. Overeem, JDS has opened up as the significant favorite.

Werd, he went 3 HARD rounds with Phan and dominated. He looked exhausted afterwards but still went the distance, impressive for sure.

P.S. I think it really helps if you stop comparing people's resumes to those who have fought in the UFC for the majority of their careers, the competition in the UFC is much more advanced, Overeem just doesn't have the resume, but it doesn't mean that he can't catch someone with a punch and end it all in less than a round.

I agree the UFC has the top MMA talents, but you can't follow that up and say Overeem just doesn't have the resume. If his MMA record doesn't impress you, take a look at his K-1 record. I don't know how much more of a resume a fighter can have. I could argue right now that prior to his fight against Cain, Junior didn't have the resume either.

I actually thought Hettes was the most impressive fighter of the night. I'm not taking anything away from Hendricks, but if Fitch fought Hendricks 10 more times I still think Fitch wins the majority of them. Maybe I'm wrong and Hendricks will prove that over time, but IMO it's hard to say who is the better overall fighter when a one-punch KO ends the fight 12 seconds in. Hettes, on the other hand, totally dominated Phan in every way, and I've seen Phan enough to know he's a pretty good fighter. I don't think Phan could beat Hettes if they fought 100 more times. Will be interesting to see where Hettes goes from here.

I actually thought Hettes was the most impressive fighter of the night. I'm not taking anything away from Hendricks, but if Fitch fought Hendricks 10 more times I still think Fitch wins the majority of them. Maybe I'm wrong and Hendricks will prove that over time, but IMO it's hard to say who is the better overall fighter when a one-punch KO ends the fight 12 seconds in. Hettes, on the other hand, totally dominated Phan in every way, and I've seen Phan enough to know he's a pretty good fighter. I don't think Phan could beat Hettes if they fought 100 more times. Will be interesting to see where Hettes goes from here.

Exactly...I was really looking forward to the Hendricks fight...What a disappointment...But then again, those early knockouts usually are (although they make great highlight material).

Hettes - So impressive. I watched that fight again, and he is just so damn good.

Lesnar had a very odd ride in the UFC. Started out winning the title and went downhill from there. They should have fed him cans for a few years to get his confidence up, fighting guys with similar experience. His spirit looked broken within seconds of the fight starting.

100% agreed. Those first few punches to the body just stopped him cold. His face had an ugly expression; it was just a matter of time before he "threw in the towel". That kick to the liver though...jeezus it looked violent.

Exactly...I was really looking forward to the Hendricks fight...What a disappointment...But then again, those early knockouts usually are (although they make great highlight material).

Hettes - So impressive. I watched that fight again, and he is just so damn good.

Mike thanks for pointing out the Phan Hettes bout. I didn't get the opportunity to see it the first time around. Hettes has amazing skills, and those takedowns at will were fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop reading here if you are gonna watch the fights recorded, spoilers herein ;)

What a KO! First wheel kick knockout in UFC history!

There were actually some decent fights last night, and I thought they would all suck...

Yeah, that spinning heel kick was AMAZING. That is going to make the highlight reel FOREVER.

Let's not forget about Aldo's vicious knee, and then he goes crowd surfing!

I just booked ringside tickets for UFC first ever appearance in Sweden in April, shitty fightcard but I still get to see Noguiera live, I'm so psyched :eusa_dance:

:icon_super:

Great thing about UFC though is that you often see some really good fights between totally unknown names :icon_thumleft:

Munoz injured. Bisping steps up to fight Sonnen. Winner fights Silva for middleweight belt. In related news, Sonnen fanbase immediately doubles in size.

Munoz injured. Bisping steps up to fight Sonnen. Winner fights Silva for middleweight belt. In related news, Sonnen fanbase immediately doubles in size.

Sonnen runs through him like a freight train.

Should be interesting...Rooting for Sonnen (naturally!).

Should be interesting...Rooting for Sonnen (naturally!).

I'm hoping for Bisping.... So he can get a royal beating from Silva! I doubt either of these guys stands a chance anyway.

Sonnen shouldn't have a problem running through Bisping, but I thought he didn't want to fight Silva again?

lolololololol

I guess you missed this.....

I'm hoping for Bisping.... So he can get a royal beating from Silva! I doubt either of these guys stands a chance anyway.

I know I am torn.....

A large part of me wants Sonnen to beat Bisping as I want to see Sonnen/Silva 2. I think it would be epic.

The other part of me wants Bisping to win so he can be mauled by Silva as Anderson wins via murder.

UFC on Fox 2 this Sat. Thank God Overeem retired Lesnar away from the commentators desk.

Rashad Evans (-170) vs. Phil Davis (+140) - black on black crime baby and I can't see Rashad losing this one.

Chael Sonnen (-450) vs. Michael Bisping (+350) - lol. I secretly hope Bisping wins so I can watch Silva maul him.