UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Why does Bader look so much bigger than Cain in that last pic? He looks 2-3 inches taller and also heavier (even though he's leaner). I think he's listed as around an inch taller but 40 or so pounds lighter. Pics can do weird things sometimes though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does Bader look so much bigger than Cain in that last pic? He looks 2-3 inches taller and also heavier (even though he's leaner). I think he's listed as around an inch taller but 40 or so pounds lighter. Pics can do weird things sometimes though.

Bader and Forrest apparently walk around between 225 - 240. I wouldn't be surprised if they were within 5lbs in that photo.

Yeah. Overall a very disappointing night for the UFC.

First off - you could only watch the prelims on Facebook or Fox.com online. Quality was crap, and barely any commentary.

Why didn't they have the prelims on FX or Fuel???? WTF???

The Carpenter/Henderson fight was great. I love Henderson, he's great, and will probably beat Frankie Edgar.

Dos Santos was a surprise. I don't know what happened there, but it wasn't even a clean hit, but Cain said it messed up his equilibrium. Strange....

Oh well...This weekends card looks like crap, so I'll skip it.

Definitely disappointing Fox showing. Viewership numbers were lower than Kimbo in EliteXC on CBS.

As for Dos Santos, agree that he looked surprisingly good. That said any of the top 5 heavyweights could win against each other on any given night. Just need the right punch at the right time...

Who cares. All we want to see is a Silva vs. GSP fight. :icon_mrgreen:

Talking about GSP, how do you guys think he will do against Diaz? I would've usually answered by saying GSP is gonna rock his world, but man, Diaz, although an annoying bitch, is a surgical striker. Should be interesting.

GSP doesn't have a chance against Silva and Dana confirmed it by nixing any further speculation for a superfight. Silva is 220 - 230 off season while GSP is 190. That's a big difference and Silva is a BIG middle. Jones/Silva is more likely and still Silva has nothing to gain and everything to lose even if they fight catch weight.

GSP/Diaz could end dramatically if Diaz catches Georges with one of those pitter patters square on the jaw a la Serra else it's going to be classic GSP lay 'n' pray for 25 minutes.

Who cares. All we want to see is a Silva vs. GSP fight. :icon_mrgreen:

Talking about GSP, how do you guys think he will do against Diaz? I would've usually answered by saying GSP is gonna rock his world, but man, Diaz, although an annoying bitch, is a surgical striker. Should be interesting.

Silva vs GSP won't happen. As for the GSP and Diaz fight, Diaz has no chance of winning it. GSP is going to take him down and keep him there.

Bader and Forrest apparently walk around between 225 - 240. I wouldn't be surprised if they were within 5lbs in that photo.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Bader's walking around weight was close to Cain's; but I wouldn't have expected him to be that lean. He looks just as ripped as he does for a fight, only a lot bigger.

Just got back from the pre-fight press conference

Awesome vyce. Any predictions?

To wax nostalgic, here's the Mona Lisa of MMA - Hendo by decapitation over Bisping:

Awesome vyce. Any predictions?

To wax nostalgic, here's the Mona Lisa of MMA - Hendo by decapitation over Bisping:

I am going to go with the following thoughts; however I do not feel strongly about any of my picks and think it will be interesting:

Bowles over Faber - Note from today - Bowles is MUCH larger than Faber in person

Wanderlei over Le - Not sure of Cung has his head in the game, Wandy definitely has something to prove and is pissed at the retirement talks - not sure if Cung will be able to handle his aggression

Hendo over Shogun - I think this is a bad stylistic match-up for Shogun. I just don't think his skill set will lead to him being able to finish Hendo. IF Shogun wins, its going to be via decision IMO

On a side note - Hendo is a very scary man in person, and for me made Wandy look like a teddy bear.

I love the fact that Henderson admits he knew Bisping was out and he just dropped that last bomb on his head to shut him up. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I am going to go with the following thoughts; however I do not feel strongly about any of my picks and think it will be interesting:

Bowles over Faber - Note from today - Bowles is MUCH larger than Faber in person

Wanderlei over Le - Not sure of Cung has his head in the game, Wandy definitely has something to prove and is pissed at the retirement talks - not sure if Cung will be able to handle his aggression

Hendo over Shogun - I think this is a bad stylistic match-up for Shogun. I just don't think his skill set will lead to him being able to finish Hendo. IF Shogun wins, its going to be via decision IMO

On a side note - Hendo is a very scary man in person, and for me made Wandy look like a teddy bear.

Great predicts. I agree with first and last and have no idea with with Wanderlei and Cung - two aging guys with tons to prove but skillsets that have faded quickly.

Henderson has always struck me as a guy that would fight any man on Earth, anywhere, without hesitation and without fear. There aren't tons of guys that will fight at any weight class and against any fighter.

Great predicts. I agree with first and last and have no idea with with Wanderlei and Cung - two aging guys with tons to prove but skillsets that have faded quickly.

Henderson has always struck me as a guy that would fight any man on Earth, anywhere, without hesitation and without fear. There aren't tons of guys that will fight at any weight class and against any fighter.

I hear you on the Wandy/Le fight. Hell, I actually dont think I have picked Wand in his last 3 fights. I just don't know what is left in him.

On a silly side note, my dumbass blanked on questions when I got mic time and just passed on it. I did get a kick out of Hendo showing up with a 35+ blonde on each arm with huge fake tits. Additionally, Joseph Benavidez was there with Faber, and he is legit about 5'3. I put Faber at 5'5 tops, as I stood next to him and I'm barely 5'7.

I hear you on the Wandy/Le fight. Hell, I actually dont think I have picked Wand in his last 3 fights. I just don't know what is left in him.

On a silly side note, my dumbass blanked on questions when I got mic time and just passed on it. I did get a kick out of Hendo showing up with a 35+ blonde on each arm with huge fake tits. Additionally, Joseph Benavidez was there with Faber, and he is legit about 5'3. I put Faber at 5'5 tops, as I stood next to him and I'm barely 5'7.

Wanderlei is scrambled. I enjoy his snorkel training and reminisce fondly of soccer kicks to Sakurabi's skull but honestly he's one hard punch away from permanent retirement.

Awesome you got stage fright when you got the mic! If only Sonnen was there... nobody would get any mic time period!

Hopefully you've got sweet seats for the event. Should be fun.

Wanderlei is scrambled. I enjoy his snorkel training and reminisce fondly of soccer kicks to Sakurabi's skull but honestly he's one hard punch away from permanent retirement.

Awesome you got stage fright when you got the mic! If only Sonnen was there... nobody would get any mic time period!

Hopefully you've got sweet seats for the event. Should be fun.

Stage fright would have been a legit excuse; however I just didn't expect any question time period! Honestly, even now I'm not sure if I can think of anything that I would ask. I txted one of my girlfriends right after I found out, if she had any questions she wanted answered and her response was, "ask Faber if he'll marry me" :lol2:

Actually not attending this one, plan on watching it at my favorite Asian karaoke joint in the marina, which also doubles as a UFC viewing venue!

Stage fright would have been a legit excuse; however I just didn't expect any question time period! Honestly, even now I'm not sure if I can think of anything that I would ask. I txted one of my girlfriends right after I found out, if she had any questions she wanted answered and her response was, "ask Faber if he'll marry me" :lol2:

Actually not attending this one, plan on watching it at my favorite Asian karaoke joint in the marina, which also doubles as a UFC viewing venue!

Your girlfriend is hooked on Faber's pretty hair. Time to grow your Mississippi Mudflap (TM Skokopalooza).

Karaoke :lol2:

Oh, its going to be rad!

Decided to put my money where my mouth is, put down some tiny bets on all my picks - $100 on each pick and $100 on the 3 fight parlay. Makes the fights a lot more fun, haha

Plus I'll be cheering for my old Carlson Gracie teammates Bonner and Torres !

Oh, its going to be rad!

Decided to put my money where my mouth is, put down some tiny bets on all my picks - $100 on each pick and $100 on the 3 fight parlay. Makes the fights a lot more fun, haha

Plus I'll be cheering for my old Carlson Gracie teammates Bonner and Torres !

I can't believe they've got Bonner as the underdog for that match.

I was fully expecting a bore-a-thon last night, but all the fights were pretty good - Even the first undercard where the guy got Knocked the F out in :56.

Both Hendo and Rua showed alot of heart last night - Neither one was willing to give up.

Oh, and Chung Le (or whatever his name is) - Did you see his face after those knees!?!??!??!???

:tyson: :shock: :shock: :repuke: :icon_oak: :eusa_sick: :aiwebs_017:

Hendo and Shogun are warriors. Unreal that Rua passed guard and took the mount 6 times in the final two rounds. When Round 4 started with Henderson's crucifix then full mount I figured it was over for Shogun.

Great fight. I figured it would be a snore-fest as well but it was right up there with Hughes Trigg II.

Edit: In other news Fedor beats Monson lol

Here's the infamous "must see" Chael Sonnen interview with Michael Landsberg on Off The Record. Landsberg is such a douchebag and Sonnen is how Sonnen always is.

Here's the infamous "must see" Chael Sonnen interview with Michael Landsberg on Off The Record. Landsberg is such a douchebag and Sonnen is how Sonnen always is.

:lol2: I had never seen that before!

:lol2: I had never seen that before!

Haha I've watched it 3x already. In Canada Landsberg is known for his retarded way of asking questions so the interview is pretty much perfect!